[3.3] All Uniques Whispering Ice - 2ex Total (All Content, Shaper/Elder Deathless)

"
Barzhal wrote:
Very nice build guide, thanks. I took this build to level 95 and indeed, was able to do all content with it. The only downside to this build is that SR with whispering ice can crash the game and ruin map instances upon re-entry sometimes so I had to carry around an incinerate to prevent this from happening from time to time. But yeah, very nice, thanks.

Is this what is happening when i get kicked from an instance and when i try to re-enter it wastes the portal but doesnt send me inside?

and how does carrying an incinerate solve this issue after you can't re-enter ? or does it only prevent it ?
"
scott4040 wrote:
"
Barzhal wrote:
Very nice build guide, thanks. I took this build to level 95 and indeed, was able to do all content with it. The only downside to this build is that SR with whispering ice can crash the game and ruin map instances upon re-entry sometimes so I had to carry around an incinerate to prevent this from happening from time to time. But yeah, very nice, thanks.

Is this what is happening when i get kicked from an instance and when i try to re-enter it wastes the portal but doesnt send me inside?

and how does carrying an incinerate solve this issue after you can't re-enter ? or does it only prevent it ?

Yeah it's a known issue with this build and the instance crash happens because of scorching ray. If you reenter an instance that you're not finished with, swapping incinerate with scorching ray will prevent the crash. The crash will always happen (if it's going to happen, sometimes it doesn't) when killing the first enemy after reentry if you use SR. Incinerate isn't as good because you don't get the debuff that you get with SR, but it's better than losing the instance if you're not done.
Last edited by Barzhal on Feb 24, 2018, 9:06:36 AM
Hey, I just killed red map elder for the 2nd time with this build, I got a cyclopean coil and a watchers eye to drop. I'm wondering if it would be better then the one I'm already using. Wish I could link them but I'm on xbox.

5% ES/6% life/ 6% mana
29 ES gained for each enemy hit while using discipline
12% chance to recover 10% of max mana when you use a skill

4% ES/4% life/ 6% mana
1.44% of damage leeched as life with vitality
12% of phys damage taken as cold damage with purity of elements

I've been using the first one so I've been using lvl 20 Grace. So would it be better to drop that and run with the 2nd one and pick up vitality, or something else entirely?
Do you think the new "Harmony of purpose" ascendancy that give charges on hit will be good to take ?
Last edited by xTanorz on Feb 27, 2018, 5:32:38 PM
Yeah curious as well on new ascend for 3.2
"
xTanorz wrote:
Do you think the new "Harmony of purpose" ascendancy that give charges on hit will be good to take ?

You will 100% take that. Permanent endurance charges is better protection than the regen/phys reduction unwavering faith gives.

So far the changes made in 3.2 is only 1 thing:
Drop Unwavering Faith -> Pick Up Harmony of Purpose

Still looking into other classes. Scion might be good with occultist/guardian for stun immunity and 2 curses, super regen, etc. I'll have to test it out in standard to see which feels better.
del
Last edited by Disha008008 on Mar 22, 2020, 6:43:15 AM
Hello !

I'm going to play this build for the new league !

What do you think about replace Fire Pen for Life Leech and buy a watcher eye's later ?
Added a Hierophant totems version of the build.

"
reeld wrote:
Hello !

I'm going to play this build for the new league !

What do you think about replace Fire Pen for Life Leech and buy a watcher eye's later ?

That could work, but if you want to do more difficult content you'll need fire pen for the damage. I'd recommend going the ice route and relying on atziri flask for leech early on. Then converting later.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Mar 3, 2018, 7:17:29 PM
One thing I may want to try this league is the watcher's eye with ES gain on hit while using discipline. It may be pretty expensive though and without testing it I'm not sure how it compares to the life leach version. It would save having to spec into ghost reaver though, may be worth trying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info