Exception(error) I am constantly getting

Sometimes I am getting an exception (error): "Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 2918318080 Size: 22392402"

While I was using my laptop(win 7), I did not have such problems but recently I installed the game on my PC (win XP) and this error couses the game to crush when I warp to The City of Sarn. I also crushed once I warped to The Docks.

I also had a couple of audio failers but I added --softwareaudio and it fixed the audio crushes.

Any ideas what should I do about the current exception?

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by baivasobai on Feb 28, 2013, 7:09:34 AM
Im getting the same error today with other values for offset and size AND an Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime error.

Yesterday it would work perfectly.
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
As i said: yesterday it worked perfectly and pretty much nothing on my System changed since then, well except for Java. It got updated.

EDIT: Packcheck didn´t work for me. By that i mean: that i get the same error: Unable to view Mapchunk and so on.

EDIT2: Please help, i can´t play anymore.

"
See here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/159638

EDIT3: That tip didn´t help. I did as it was written but the problem remains. No, im pretty sure it has to do with the Java update. What can i do?
Last edited by Kel_Thuzad on Feb 28, 2013, 9:57:55 AM
Further infos:

"
The error looks like this:

Spoiler

btw i get this error 2 times with different values, dunno why.

and then:

Spoiler

and then (me):

Spoiler
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by Kel_Thuzad on Feb 28, 2013, 2:12:50 PM
Yes. Exactly the same problem as Kel :/
"

EDIT3: That tip didn´t help. I did as it was written but the problem remains. No, im pretty sure it has to do with the Java update. What can i do?

Are you running a 32 or 64- bit build of Windows?

(Java is not responsible for this)
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Win 7 64 bit Ultimate, yes. Yeah, I found out that Java isn´t even needed to play PoE. I really dunno what to do.

EDIT: I want to play, it is so frustrating. Finally I have a lot free time to spare and exactly at that time PoE don´t want to work? I don´t even now if a moderator or someone from GGG has noticed this thread.

EDIT2: any compatibility mode won´t work either.
Last edited by Kel_Thuzad on Mar 1, 2013, 9:01:16 AM
baivasobai

Downloading PoE again solved the problem. It seems i can play again \(^.^)/
Ok, will do that tonight :) ty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info