[3.1] Dual Abyss Battery Wander - 3.5M+ Shaper DPS

Hi man! Are you playing this build at the moment? Could you set your characters public to see the full gear?

Thanks bro, great job.
Build looks nice! Some more Infos on how to level that build would be awesome!
Thanks in advance!
The tragic thing about this league with all its flat damage is that your PoB actually shows *more* damage if I take your exact setup (and settings) and simply swap the two VBs for two Piscator's.

Last edited by Galadedrid on Jan 11, 2018, 12:04:22 AM
I'm trying to follow this guide. I am confused by the level 90 passive tree. At level 83 I've followed everything and still have 15 points left over.
How do you get 155% MS without QotF?
With about 4.4k life at lvl 80 and no more life nodes left, I feel extremely squishy.

Also my DPS is kind of low. Could you tell me where I could be going wrong with my gear ?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/spacenoxx/characters
Thanks a lot for a fun void battery build, do run x2 Ventor Gamble with Aura support and dmg is still more then enough for low red, yet to try higher tier. Gotta love offscreen Shatter!

Path of Building
https://pastebin.com/ZkHFp6CL

Still trying to craft decent gloves with no luck so far.
The greatest tragedy in life is wasted talent.!
And remember exiles, good loot it's a illusion.
Last edited by Valhall on Jan 13, 2018, 11:53:57 AM
"
funknode wrote:
I'm trying to follow this guide. I am confused by the level 90 passive tree. At level 83 I've followed everything and still have 15 points left over.

It was a 90 point passive tree, not a level 90 tree. (The final tree is in the path of building.)
Sincerely,
Lilith Daemon
"
Galadedrid wrote:
The tragic thing about this league with all its flat damage is that your PoB actually shows *more* damage if I take your exact setup (and settings) and simply swap the two VBs for two Piscator's.

That is true from a pure tooltip damage standpoint. However, in the case of maps hindering either your leeching or mana regeneration, if attacking non stop you are consuming ~250 mana per second, as opposed to ~200. This means for sustained DPS you won't fully sustain your mana cost, and thus a few of your attacks will suffer a slight delay, cutting down your actual DPS. In truth its just deciding between more attacks per second (Piscators) or higher damage per hit (Void Battery). I personally prefer the void batteries, but both are valid choices.

With void batteries even in very tough maps (resist + life, etc), you always 1-shot packs. with piscator's you occasionally need a second attack to clear out rares, etc. (Thus increasing the time you spend per-pack, and the time you spend clearing each map.)
Sincerely,
Lilith Daemon
I use Oskarm gloves to generate power charges on hit. they also provide nice additional crit and a bit of life. you really need to get some chaos res then though.

edit:

ok, i spent some time and currency to change my tree to get it as close to yours as possible (i'm playing a raider, lvl94 and made a very similar build) with the same amulet and 2x max rolled void batteries (on implicit and crit). amulet had +1 frenzy charges. once i ramp up all the buffs and charges, the dps is a bit higher than my build with a rare amulet and 2x moonsorrow. otherwise, my gear and tree are fairly close to your build.

advantages i can see are the very low phys damage which lets me do phys reflect maps. with moonsorrow wands i need to be very careful and can still leave a crater if i crit (yes, piscator's, i know :)). the mana use on barrage is lower too since void battery is slower and it provides some +mana. with mana reservation of 2x heralds and arctic armor and moonsorrow i can leech enough mana using barrage, but can run dry if i dont hit the boss by misclicking or just not hitting in terms of game mechanics.

a disadvantage, though, is the slow attack speed. it feels really off. like, i usually click in the direction of a pack (with kb) and immediately move on expecting to oneshot the pack, but with void battery i'm still stuck in the attack animation for a brief moment. the build also scales mostly by power charges which means that if you start the map or enter the arena, your damage is very gimped until all charges are up. it is a matter of preference with the attack speed, sure. good build in general, thanks for sharing.
Last edited by dachoppa on Jan 15, 2018, 4:26:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info