New Microtransactions - Cloak, Portal, Wings and Skill Effect!

those wings are real nice gg
These look great, but now my voidgate portal doesn't feel so special ;(
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
The cloak looks fantastic. Excellent work.

I’m sorry to say I think the wings are dreadful. I want to like them, but at one point in the video I thought they resembled a butterfly’s wings and now I just can’t unsee it. They’re too wide at the top and too thin at the bottom. I love the Arcane aesthetic and the wings... don’t use it? Instead of the strange wavey fabric I would’ve liked to see the wings based on the little soul-fragment-things orbiting sections of the armour. I can’t remember being more disappointed in the artists.

The portal MTX isn’t my cup of tea. Not saying it’s bad - just not my kinda thing. :)

I think the Skill Effect looks nice. I don’t always find the default effect very clear - it’s awkward due to being an AoE which is basically transparent, making it annoying to use. The MTX seems like a solid QoL upgrade. Not sure this is what skill MTX are supposed to be... which is unfortunate as I think it looks great and would’ve sold well based on looks alone. As it is, either those who buy the skill MTX have an advantage over those who don’t, or GGG changes the default effect and some who bought the MTX for the better “at a glance value” regret buying what is a fantastic looking MTX. I think the artists did a great job, but others at the company didn’t handle this well. Improving the default effect then selling this would’ve been a PR win attached to great sales. You dropped the ball here.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Jan 4, 2018, 10:01:22 PM
Instant buy
Amazing work GGG artists
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Last edited by Castablanca on Jan 4, 2018, 9:15:28 PM
Celestial everything xD
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Put a border around the cloak and it will look great, but as it is now, it just looks wierd.
IGN: Noobslayer
Loving the arcane theme! (still waiting on my wander MTX)
When is the breach portal effect going to be available....
"
Chris wrote:
Don't forget, the Yeti Mask...and make your characters look exceptionally rad.

Indeed! :D

Arcane voidgate is lit! Not sure about the wings though.
IGN: ??? (Fips_PoE - Conquerors Of The Atlas, Metamorph League)

Originally joined: Jan 29, 2013.
Last edited by Fips_PoE on Jan 4, 2018, 9:27:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info