The current state of PVP in 3.0/3.1

Hello,

Im posting this on an anonymous account to prevent the hates from coming, and i would like to share my opinion and thoughts about PVP on its current state.

In sarn or duels, you'll most likely see just a few builds present. These are scorching ray blockers, full blockers, Explosive arrow and some Fireball/Magmaorbers.

I have pvped to the highest levels easily playing EA. I love it because it completely dominates everyone i see. However, in same cases EA vs EA is pretty fun.

1) EXPLOSIVE ARROW ZERPHI'S

Relying on MOM and bloodrage to get zerphis going infinitely, is just broken, and that's my opinion.

Achieving 10k life prevents all one shots or any high damage dealers, paired with the new pantheon (Soul of Solaris) that makes me immune to critical damage makes everything so much easier.

This pantheon alone forces all attack builds to drop all critical chance and go with elemental overload. And trust me, the damage is no where close. My full mirror geared char can barely scratch 3k hp off a solid EA toon when the pantheon is activated, which in this case, all the time.

Elevated ground on the other hand allows EA players to stack and overlap their explosions, this can be done anywhere in sarn or duels. A good ea players knows every single spot on the map.

VS chaos damage dealers, Swap out and put in chaos resist, and facerolls all the same.

2) Invisble Projectiles

Fireballs/KB Etc they have incredible range and are able to kill you at max range without u even seeing the projectile. Fireball deals incredible damage and is a worth opponent for the regular EA. They stand at the top of sarn at shrine, and just offscreen everyone with invisible projectiles.

3) SR/blockers

Scorching ray is another build that u see frequently in sarn arenas, as its the next best thing, they have max block and SR cant be blocked. Simple as it is, they still have some trouble fighting EA

4)Attack builds

Theres no point in playing any attack builds as they can no longer deal enough damage with the pantheon. This is even worse for melees. Even with block chance reduction its just not enough as after their first crit, its over. Again, Pantheon.

4) MAX blockers

In my opinion, no attack builds can kill them ( AGAIN pantheon) , except explosive arrow ( again ) and another scorching ray build. I feel ok about this, because they don't do high enough damage, or u can just avoid them, ( u cant kill them thy cant kill you ) .

At this point, What i observed in sarn is, when a Ea player comes in, kills everyone over and over again, and after a few minutes eveyone leaves, leaving EA Vs EA VS EA VS EA, and 10mins later, the arena crashes and the same thing happens again.

I love EA but this has to go, at least Zerphi's, PVP is turning into a 1 build game, and thats EA vs ea vs ea vs ea vs ea eventually. I would really like to see more build diversity in PVP although it might not be the focus of the game. Crashing arenas, everyone playing Explosive arrow is just not the way to go.

I like pvp, but the state of pvp makes me sad. I created this post in hopes that the dev's will care more about pvp balancing.

What is Ea overlapping?

Last edited by annoyamous84 on Jan 3, 2018, 1:35:10 AM
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2018, 9:04:17 AM
"
I like pvp, but the state of pvp makes me sad. I created this post in hopes that the dev's will care more about pvp balancing.

Well maybe if you didn't abused the shit out of it, the situation wouldn't be as bad as it is right now.
You are just a lowball griefer, who's sad that he can't get his ego boost because everyone is copying Markuz ideas, and is now complaining because the game is not fun anymore.

Bonus points for not even assuming your real identity, it make this thread even more laughable because it's easy to figurate who you really are (not like anyone care tho).

Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 3, 2018, 5:59:02 AM
zerphi's are thriving cause harley, me and keil are not playing. we were making them cry all day in sarn arena. those russian zerphi's are some wannabee EU guys were leaving the arena to killara and us in no time.

SR's are easy one shot too. Of course after they die, you die too cause they use blight or whatever. Yet, yea. shitty build.

in pvp arenas, zerphi - KB - flameblast are top 3 imho. I haven't seen how new GC mines with leg kaoms can perform, so i'm neutral. probably it's absurdly OP as well.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jan 3, 2018, 8:31:53 AM
one shotting zerphis are long gone, those are teh old meta. Pm me and i'll explain
It's STD league state. And it seems this is pretty biased feedback. PvP balance affected by quite more problems than just "3 builds are better than other in current state". Main problem - PvP damage reduction formula not suitable for the game anymore.

"
Theres no point in playing any attack builds

it widely known Lightning Arrow at max range chains to target in chaining range even if no arrows able to reach the target. Properly made non crit LA deals over 12k pvp damage per shot at this conditions.
And 12k raw HP isn't something you can easily get in temp league.
"
MAX blockers
In my opinion, no attack builds can kill them

This is true if you talking about 20k ES legacy aegis - mana guardian. Flat eHP gain on block is the second PvP problem that can't be solved w/o global mechanic change.
Last edited by 0xF on Jan 3, 2018, 2:33:13 PM
"
annoyamous84 wrote:
one shotting zerphis are long gone, those are teh old meta. Pm me and i'll explain

they die while moving, and they have to move and chase you since they have limited flask time
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
blink arrow fire
"
annoyamous84 wrote:
Hello,

Im posting this on an anonymous account to prevent the hates from coming, and i would like to share my opinion and thoughts about PVP on its current state.

In sarn or duels, you'll most likely see just a few builds present. These are scorching ray blockers, full blockers, Explosive arrow and some Fireball/Magmaorbers.

I have pvped to the highest levels easily playing EA. I love it because it completely dominates everyone i see. However, in same cases EA vs EA is pretty fun.

1) EXPLOSIVE ARROW ZERPHI'S

Relying on MOM and bloodrage to get zerphis going infinitely, is just broken, and that's my opinion.

Achieving 10k life prevents all one shots or any high damage dealers, paired with the new pantheon (Soul of Solaris) that makes me immune to critical damage makes everything so much easier.

This pantheon alone forces all attack builds to drop all critical chance and go with elemental overload. And trust me, the damage is no where close. My full mirror geared char can barely scratch 3k hp off a solid EA toon when the pantheon is activated, which in this case, all the time.

Elevated ground on the other hand allows EA players to stack and overlap their explosions, this can be done anywhere in sarn or duels. A good ea players knows every single spot on the map.

VS chaos damage dealers, Swap out and put in chaos resist, and facerolls all the same.

2) Invisble Projectiles

Fireballs/KB Etc they have incredible range and are able to kill you at max range without u even seeing the projectile. Fireball deals incredible damage and is a worth opponent for the regular EA. They stand at the top of sarn at shrine, and just offscreen everyone with invisible projectiles.

3) SR/blockers

Scorching ray is another build that u see frequently in sarn arenas, as its the next best thing, they have max block and SR cant be blocked. Simple as it is, they still have some trouble fighting EA

4)Attack builds

Theres no point in playing any attack builds as they can no longer deal enough damage with the pantheon. This is even worse for melees. Even with block chance reduction its just not enough as after their first crit, its over. Again, Pantheon.

4) MAX blockers

In my opinion, no attack builds can kill them ( AGAIN pantheon) , except explosive arrow ( again ) and another scorching ray build. I feel ok about this, because they don't do high enough damage, or u can just avoid them, ( u cant kill them thy cant kill you ) .

At this point, What i observed in sarn is, when a Ea player comes in, kills everyone over and over again, and after a few minutes eveyone leaves, leaving EA Vs EA VS EA VS EA, and 10mins later, the arena crashes and the same thing happens again.

I love EA but this has to go, at least Zerphi's, PVP is turning into a 1 build game, and thats EA vs ea vs ea vs ea vs ea eventually. I would really like to see more build diversity in PVP although it might not be the focus of the game. Crashing arenas, everyone playing Explosive arrow is just not the way to go.

What is Ea overlapping?

The most remarkable part about all this is how it doesn't ever sound ever any different ever to anything ever any one has ever said ever, ever.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
My IQ increased by 10 points due to excessive brain gymnastics i've been through while processing the meaning in that sentence. I feel like a normal human being now. Before this sentence i was hanging on the trees and walking around my red butthole open in the forests.

thanks
Last edited by Rupenus on Jan 7, 2018, 9:06:53 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
My IQ increased by 10 points due to excessive brain gymnastics i've been through while processing the meaning in that sentence. I feel like a normal human being now. Before this sentence i was hanging on the trees and walking around my red butthole open in the forests.

thanks

Is this the start of the elusive dteam? Am I running support on my first round of team forum pvp?
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info