[3.6 updated!] Crit Storm Call Inquisitor

"
Tacoticc wrote:
I am 99% sure that the effect of spell echo is shown in POB.

Yes, the average hit calculation gets 10% less damage, the cast rate is multiplied, but PoB doesn't calculate the spell hitting twice (spell echo = 2 hits), because it only calculates the average hit (per 1 Storm Call circle), not the total dps calculated.

Using a Shaper/Elder Item to get a pseudo 6l is a good idea.

Videos will be up on the weekend when I'm back home.
"
Contractor wrote:
"
Tacoticc wrote:
I am 99% sure that the effect of spell echo is shown in POB.

Yes, the average hit calculation gets 10% less damage, the cast rate is multiplied, but PoB doesn't calculate the spell hitting twice (spell echo = 2 hits), because it only calculates the average hit (per 1 Storm Call circle), not the total dps calculated.

Using a Shaper/Elder Item to get a pseudo 6l is a good idea.

Videos will be up on the weekend when I'm back home.

This is unfortunately not how spell echo works. Spell echo increases your cast speed and then then forces you to cast twice at the new speed. The spell hitting twice is a result of you being forced to cast twice. This is why guides will often suggest switching Spell echo out for faster casting on some harder bosses because Spell echo while providing more dps will make it harder to dodge attacks because your casting animation will be longer.

Here's a quick calculation to show what you are suggesting happens. lets assume Storm Call hits for 100 with a cast time of 3. 100*3 = 300 dps. Now with echo we get a smaller hit of 90 but a faster cast time of 3*1.7 = 5.1. So 90*5.1 = 459 dps. Now if we were to double that assuming your methodology we would end up with 918 dps. This is like a huge 200% more multiplier from one gem, which would obviously be crazy op compared to every other gem in the game.
"
Tacoticc wrote:

Yea, true, fixed that. Thank you for pointing it out!
Last edited by Contractor on Dec 27, 2017, 4:06:23 PM
The effect of Spell Echo as well as any cast speed you have from your tree and gear is not shown in Storm Call dps in PoB. This is specifically for this spell, why though? It actually doesn't show dps at all, only average hit and cast rate so I have to multiply each other to get the actual useful number...
ign : mnyga
Last edited by felhuy on Dec 28, 2017, 7:13:41 AM
"
felhuy wrote:
The effect of Spell Echo as well as any cast speed you have from your tree and gear is not shown in Storm Call dps in PoB. This is specifically for this spell, why though? It actually doesn't show dps at all, only average hit and cast rate so I have to multiply each other to get the actual useful number...

I don't know, but for some reason PoB can't calculate the dps. You probably could ask the developer of PoB about this issue.

VIDEOS ARE UP NOW! THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Pobs enemy is shocked is a 50% shock tho isnt it? So shaper/guardian dps will be alot lower since u wont get a 50% shock on them.
"
Dakone1986 wrote:
Pobs enemy is shocked is a 50% shock tho isnt it? So shaper/guardian dps will be alot lower since u wont get a 50% shock on them.

Yes, it will be lower of course. Maybe 10%, but there is no way to calculate the shock at the moment. Also the increased shock effect from the nodes and ascendancy are helping to obtain a higher shock value.
Why not choir of the storm?
"
Habitatt wrote:
Why not choir of the storm?

Actually, that's good idea, to push the dps beyond limits. Just too bad, that the amulet doesn't have life :/
No hc viable i guess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info