Happy Holidays from New Zealand!

"
matesasd wrote:
last year it was free (stormcaller box), we just had to click on a link

:D

So this year it might be a free Fire and Ice Box?
Last edited by SabreWolfy on Dec 25, 2017, 12:10:17 PM
"
TheRealTuna wrote:
Imagine a game where if you get a duplicate that is 100% unusable (like two fire shield skins, which I was fortune enough to get on top of my 4 ice tigers, that is literally impossible to use together at any given time) it refunds a portion of the currency to the player so that the player can buy something of a lower value that they want and they at least did not completely waste their money.

Oh wait, that is literally every single game that implements a loot box besides Path of Exile. Imagine if a player didn't receive any currency if they got a duplicate skin in Overwatch, for example. That would be a joke...as it is in this game.

It's not like I expected to get everything I wanted from a random product, obviously...but the fact that it is possible to get nothing of what you wanted and not receive any kind of silver lining for excessive dupes is bad planning and feels very dissatisfying. As I said, any other game that offers a similar product ALWAYS provides a silver lining in the event of dupes.

Yes, that would be cool, but that's not how this system works, and it was explained clearly by GGG. It sucks not getting the items you wanted, but thats RNG. I just don't think it's cool saying that GGG "stole" $36 from you via "scam" mystery boxes.
Happy Holidays GGG!
thanks GGG!
Felices fiestas a todos!
Nice !
"
SabreWolfy wrote:
"
TheRealTuna wrote:
Imagine a game where if you get a duplicate that is 100% unusable (like two fire shield skins, which I was fortune enough to get on top of my 4 ice tigers, that is literally impossible to use together at any given time) it refunds a portion of the currency to the player so that the player can buy something of a lower value that they want and they at least did not completely waste their money.

Oh wait, that is literally every single game that implements a loot box besides Path of Exile. Imagine if a player didn't receive any currency if they got a duplicate skin in Overwatch, for example. That would be a joke...as it is in this game.

It's not like I expected to get everything I wanted from a random product, obviously...but the fact that it is possible to get nothing of what you wanted and not receive any kind of silver lining for excessive dupes is bad planning and feels very dissatisfying. As I said, any other game that offers a similar product ALWAYS provides a silver lining in the event of dupes.

Yes, that would be cool, but that's not how this system works, and it was explained clearly by GGG. It sucks not getting the items you wanted, but thats RNG. I just don't think it's cool saying that GGG "stole" $36 from you via "scam" mystery boxes.

1) None of that is explained in the in-game shop where people are actually going to buy the product. I honestly didn't even think to check because I felt like it was implicit that dupes were either not possible or that currency would be awarded in the case of dupes. It would be preposterous for it to not be that way...but, hilariously enough, it is that way. I can accept that this is my fault and that I should have verified how these boxes worked first, but I also think it is extraordinarily misleading on the part of GGG to not include these details in the in-game shop where people are actually going to be looking at the product.

2) I say that GGG "stole" my money because that is exactly how it feels after investing in their product. I have never said that about any other loot box I have ever purchased in another game. Sure, it is always disappointing to not get what you want, but it is appalling to not get any of what you want AND be left with items that literally just sit in your inventory and CANNOT BE USED. No matter what character I roll, I will NEVER be able to use 2 fire shields...so how is it sensible to be able to receive that with no way of redeeming it for anything else? That is a recipe for customer dissatisfaction and should 100% be revisited by GGG.

I have purchased plenty of tabs and some skill effect skins from GGG and do not feel like anything was stolen from me. I am happy with those purchases. But this whole system needs a major revision. The fact that GGG presents loot boxes as super cheap, "statistically more valuable" alternatives to acquiring armor skins that are outright overpriced individually in the shop when compared to other similar products in other games is just a misleading strategy that takes advantage of players' perceptions of value.

One might say, "if you don't like either option, then don't buy either option." That, unfortunately, is my intention at this point...but I doubt GGG wants that to be the position that it puts players in.

Idk, maybe it's just me, and people like the possibility of obtaining loot that is 100% useless and will only ever sit in their inventories doing nothing. But that, to me, is a completely unsatisfactory product that discourages future investment.
Last edited by TheRealTuna on Dec 25, 2017, 12:22:01 PM
"
TheRealTuna wrote:
"
SabreWolfy wrote:
"
TheRealTuna wrote:

1) None of that is explained in the in-game shop where people are actually going to buy the product. I honestly didn't even think to check because I felt like it was implicit that dupes were either not possible or that currency would be awarded in the case of dupes. It would be preposterous for it to not be that way...but, hilariously enough, it is that way. I can accept that this is my fault and that I should have verified how these boxes worked first, but I also think it is extraordinarily misleading on the part of GGG to not include these details in the in-game shop where people are actually going to be looking at the product.

2) I say that GGG "stole" my money because that is exactly how it feels after investing in their product. I have never said that about any other loot box I have ever purchased in another game. Sure, it is always disappointing to not get what you want, but it is appalling to not get any of what you want AND be left with items that literally just sit in your inventory and CANNOT BE USED. No matter what character I roll, I will NEVER be able to use 2 fire shields...so how is it sensible to be able to receive that with no way of redeeming it for anything else? That is a recipe for customer dissatisfaction and should 100% be revisited by GGG.

I have purchased plenty of tabs and some skill effect skins from GGG and do not feel like anything was stolen from me. I am happy with those purchases. But this whole system needs a major revision. The fact that GGG presents loot boxes as super cheap, "statistically more valuable" alternatives to acquiring armor skins that are outright overpriced individually in the shop when compared to other similar products in other games is just a misleading strategy that takes advantage of players' perceptions of value.

One might say, "if you don't like either option, then don't buy either option." That, unfortunately, is my intention at this point...but I doubt GGG wants that to be the position that it puts players in.

Idk, maybe it's just me, and people like the possibility of obtaining loot that is 100% useless and will only ever sit in their inventories doing nothing. But that, to me, is a completely unsatisfactory product that discourages future investment.

Way to rant because you're sad in a Xmas post.
Happy Xmas!
Posted 23h ago. Still no chest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info