[3.1] Poet's Pen Volatile Dead - all content - HC/SC

"
Nosorozhek wrote:

Thanks for the reply! With that information in mind, what would be the new aspd optimal amount? I'm not good at math at all :(

You have 28% cooldown recovery on 250 ms base. That turns in to a cooldown of 250/(1+.14+.14) = 195ms.

Which means it can trigger 1/.195 = 5.12 times per second

And if we add 17ms to that we get 4.71 attacks per second
@RickJamesWitch

http://www.youtube.com/user/69zirc/videos
I'm about to purchase an anger leech Watcher's Eye, and ditch Eye of Innocence+Mokou's. Has anyone tried out Mark of the shaper as a ring option? I'm running with elementalist sub-ascendancy, so the added lightning seems like a good source of shock, along with a boatload of damage and plus max life%. Assuming I can get an elder ring that can make up for the lack of resists, it seems like a strong option. I can't find any info on the volatile anomaly proc though.
Having a lot of fun with this build as ele/slayer. Not sure what to upgrade next or if my tree is 100% optimal. Anyone mind taking a look?

Last edited by Defib on Mar 21, 2018, 2:20:54 AM
i checked ur path of building and its suck.... full of lies on pastebin... how the heck poets pen get 300% more damage and 340% more damage ? lol thatas 640% more damage in just 1 wand... strongest unique item in the game? lol it can even kill uber atziri with 1 shot if thats true...lol

ur average hit is supposed 33k on pastebin ... not 932k... lol
Last edited by darktemp25 on Mar 21, 2018, 7:45:30 AM
"
darktemp25 wrote:
i checked ur path of building and its suck.... full of lies on pastebin... how the heck poets pen get 300% more damage and 340% more damage ? lol thatas 640% more damage in just 1 wand... strongest unique item in the game? lol it can even kill uber atziri with 1 shot if thats true...lol

ur average hit is supposed 33k on pastebin ... not 932k... lol

Reading is hard :

Important! One of my pens have modified damage values for easier damage calculations. Look at average damage of volatile dead, not DPS
"
Defib wrote:
Having a lot of fun with this build as ele/slayer. Not sure what to upgrade next or if my tree is 100% optimal. Anyone mind taking a look?

With no blood rage, you aren't getting the benefit of IC interrupting the degen and triggering the Arachnoxia leech boost. I feel like that isn't a thing you want to leave out with the way this build is set up. Dump the lightning golem for it. Blood rage gives you some attack speed while it is up anyway.

You have path of the duelist for whatever reason. A leftover from before you got acquities? Switch to path of the witch, which removes the need to path up to the top.

You want to hookup to the shadow starting location for the crit boost as well. You do have pure talent after all.

Look at the tree on my character named "NeedPen". I copied some ideas from some of the setups I saw on poe.ninja. My tree definitely isn't perfect, but I feel like it is reasonably solid. I could still need two more points to grab a couple things.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 22, 2018, 1:03:57 AM
Is Scion with Acuity still Assassin -> Slayer? Thank you.
I suggest inquisitor or elementalist to pair with slayer. In all the PoB options I've tried, assassin comes out behind.

With herald of ash now adding more spell power, elementalist got a bump from where it was before. Both inquisitor and elementalist actually really close in PoB numbers now. Inquisitor is a little more passive point efficient, since the pure talent bonus for templar is better than the pure talent bonus for witch. Witch's elemental reflect immunity is very nice though. I ran some atziri yesterday in celebration of being reflect proof.

It is tough to take advantage of all of the elementalist bonuses like double golems though, due to how tight on gem sockets the build is. An assassin's mark curse on hit ring would help a lot, but good ones aren't easy to acquire.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Mar 22, 2018, 12:10:10 PM
"
FilthyMonkey wrote:
"
Defib wrote:

With no blood rage, you aren't getting the benefit of IC interrupting the degen and triggering the Arachnoxia leech boost. I feel like that isn't a thing you want to leave out with the way this build is set up. Dump the lightning golem for it. Blood rage gives you some attack speed while it is up anyway.

You have path of the duelist for whatever reason. A leftover from before you got acquities? Switch to path of the witch, which removes the need to path up to the top.

You want to hookup to the shadow starting location for the crit boost as well. You do have pure talent after all.

Look at the tree on my character named "NeedPen". I copied some ideas from some of the setups I saw on poe.ninja. My tree definitely isn't perfect, but I feel like it is reasonably solid. I could still need two more points to grab a couple things.

This is extremely helpful and I really appreciate it. Will run lab to fix the path of duelist and fix my tree up and I already swapped lightning golem for blood rage - huge QOL change there :)
"
Defib wrote:

This is extremely helpful and I really appreciate it. Will run lab to fix the path of duelist and fix my tree up and I already swapped lightning golem for blood rage - huge QOL change there :)

You don't need to run lab to respec ascendancy. I just did it today because your discussion reminded me that I had vestigial leftovers of needing path of duelist for Vaal pact. To respec ascendancy, you just need 5 respec points per node and also unspent skill points equal to the amount the node was giving you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info