[3.1] S A M U R A I J U G G - ONI-GOROSHI FrostBlades & MeatBallz - All Content With One Hand

Thanks, was doing this build and found your guide, the tree is pretty much exactly what I was already heading for. I will almost certainly not play past 92/93 and went for Oak on the bandit choices, so I will likely miss out the passives left and above 'Born to Fight', or take them last.

I think I'm right that Path of Building still isn't including the 'meatball' damage portion of molten strike into the dps calcs? And that the DPS figures are basically for the 'hit' part of the skill rather than the ball spam. Same story as ngamahu's basically, difficult to estimate because there's so much RNG in where the balls land, but in practice the damage dealt should be MUCH higher than the 'total DPS' shown (I think?).

I assume that although 'her embrace' has a built in onslaught effect it still stacks with the 'actual' onslaught from the belt, making that worthwhile? I guess it would work like that because 'Her Embrace' is a different buff which just happens to include the same modifiers as onslaught (effectively giving you double onslaught!).

Is Kaom's Way essential to sustaining through Her Embrace? It would be great if it could be replaced for something with a bit more life/dps.

this is my current items following your guide . dont mind the shitty rares and enchant i use . i only use what i found in my stash . thanks for the build , and what i can do for improving my char ? beside buying xoph ( too expensive for now ) .
Not questioning your choice, but any reason Alira over Oak?
eragon1111 thank u for funny build
Answering to some questions here:

-------

Why Alira over Oak ?

Resists are always good to have more of. Critical Strike Multipler is a desired stat. Mana regen helps while lvling.

Nothing Oak gives compares to those quality of life things Alira has. 1% life regen is the only good stat Oak gives but its nothing in comparison even to Mana regen.

--------

@23exe

Take a look at links sections again it has changed. Also later on ditch that Rumi. Dunno how your jewels look like.

One Life Flask could be replaced with Ruby if you are running Her Embrace or to Stibnite if not.

Gl on that Enlighten corruption soon.

--------

@ilurk

- In case of meat ballz you have to use aps of melee hit to calculate real amount of ballz spawn. Dps is inaccurate because there is no way to tell how many ballz are going to hit.

- Her embrase stacks with onslaught

- Kaoms way is not essential because you can leech through 3 sec buff but i would strongly suggest it over dps ring because you really dont need more of it.
With average 4 ballz on per hit and 7 aps more or less 28 ballz land on the boss. Each ball is 100k+ dmg averaging to 3 mil dmg per sec. But thats really raw estimation. Sometimes it can be a lot more sometimes a bit less.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Hey there, I was originally looking at Jugg or Pathfinder for building around.

Was discussing with Viperesque who thinks Slayer is best.

Did you get deep into the theorycrafting portion of the build?

Scion might be interesting too.
livejamie
Why are you using purity of lightning? for resist cap? Would be appreciated to hear the answer
Thanks so much for the build! Recently farmed an oni and was looking for a build. This one is great so far! Almost done leveling but it has been a breeze so far. I know some ascendancies can be a bit higher dps but onestly this already does so much damage and the defense offered instead has been amazing. I hate dying and so far I'm a fast clearing fast moving high dps mountain. I love it!
gonna try tis build when i get my sword;)
Thanks for the replies / answers.

Kaom's way - yeah makes sense, as you say the sword and the native power of meatballs makes an opal ring or whatever unnecessary really.

Like Mastarna I'd also be curious as to the reason behind the purity of lightning. Currently I'm using herald of ash instead, but I suspect I'm missing something since you prioritise Purity of Lightning above arctic armour.
Last edited by ilurk on Dec 26, 2017, 6:01:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info