[3.1]The Absinthe Scavenger - cremation and volatile dead with six curses [league starter]

"
Taunted11 wrote:
How come in your video you're not using Orb of Storm, instead you're using a different ability, i would love to know what it is since i feel like orb of storms is kind of lacking vs bosses. also what do u think about switching cremation for firestorm as ive seen on some builds. also once i reach max level am i still supposed to use The consuming dark, if not what else is there since we need the chaos conversion for this build, thanks in advance for ur answer

Why Orb of Storm? I don't get the idea. If you are looking for EE proc, we simply do not use that mechanism at all since EE only works for ele penetration. Or you might think of curse on hit. Orb of Storm is not required to spam curse since we have doedre's skin which grants 6 curses at the same time. Firestorm is not viable since you cannot cast wither cwc vd and firestorm at the same time except that you cwdt firestorm which won't help the build for its low proc rate and low spell damage as restricted by cwdt level. For weapon choice, GGG does not offer other chaos conversion option in game. SO sadly, you will need to continue using The Consuming dark even at lv. 100. Also The Consuming dark grants poison on hit which makes up half of the dps. I can't think of any other better options.
"
Taunted11 wrote:
also, why cant u finish up the skill tree? lol this build is very unfinished

While you yourself can do that, I only offer the essential nodes on tree. You can decide the rest after reaching higher level. You can go more defensively by having more es/life nodes, or more offensively by getting more chaos/elemental damage nodes on tree. It's totally up to you.
i use orb of storm because thats what ur build said to do, can u recomend another ability to replace it? also is using consuming dark viable at 100?
"
Taunted11 wrote:
i use orb of storm because thats what ur build said to do, can u recomend another ability to replace it? also is using consuming dark viable at 100?

Yes. Orb of storm is for leveling not for end game. After you get doedre's skin, you don't need it any more since the effigy is more efficient.

Honestly, I haven't leveled any character to lv100 so I don't know. But I guess all should be the same.
Last edited by pesemire on Feb 6, 2018, 9:55:47 PM
What about Doedre's Scorn as helmet? have you tried it? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Scorn
"
flavyx wrote:
What about Doedre's Scorn as helmet? have you tried it? https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Doedre%27s_Scorn

There's less es on Doedre's Scorn than Eber's Unification, while it can reach higher damage potential with your 6 curses. However, in case when you can't guarantee 100% up time of Doedre's effigy, Eber's Unification works better. During hard combats (like those against yellow/red elder or T12+), I notice that the effigy is not a reliable way of spamming curses on enemy. It dies too quickly and its cast time is far from satisfactory. So the damage bonus from Doedre's Scorn might be marginal.

P.S. With the buff of Malediction in 3.2 (48% elemental damage gained as extra chaos damage, 100% increased damage compared to 3.1), Doedre's Scorn will actually be better than Uber's unification since it increases your elemental damage a lot and thus grants more conversion damage.
It's a very interesting build. Could you please advise me on a better order for skill tree progresion? The final tree expands pretty wide from left to right and I was wondering which notables I should get first.
Thanks a lot for the tips and this awesome build.
Did level 80 in one week and now I can see how fun it is.

What I also tried and seemed fine for the moment is:
- in top socket:

and these 2 items:

Also, what was quite satisfying was void manipulation support on Cremation
"
Helsing_MAD wrote:
It's a very interesting build. Could you please advise me on a better order for skill tree progresion? The final tree expands pretty wide from left to right and I was wondering which notables I should get first.

I started with the witch area for all its damage nodes (spell damage, elemental damage and cast speed), then I went right for crit in shadow area. I can fill up es nodes and hp nodes later coz we wont need them during leveling (everything dies so quickly and you don't even care about defense).

Recommend notables in order: start point (16% increased spell damage) --> deep wisdom --> Heart and Soul --> (Blast Radius - you may respec later) --> Occultist's Dominion --> Fire Walker --> Annihilation --> Snowforged --> Written in Blood --> Doom Cast --> Coldhearted Calculation --> Assassination --> Trickery --> Throat seeker

Then go MOM and grab all es notables near the path before mapping. Everything will be fine.

GL with the new league.
"
flavyx wrote:
Thanks a lot for the tips and this awesome build.
Did level 80 in one week and now I can see how fun it is.

What I also tried and seemed fine for the moment is:
- in top socket:

and these 2 items:

Also, what was quite satisfying was void manipulation support on Cremation

Yes, Doedre's Scorn can be a competent option other than Eber's Unification after the change of Malediction (now grants more non-chaos damage as chaos damage).

I'm not sure about Doryani's Invitation. We don't do a lot fire damage so the leech isn't reliable for most of time. I think Warlord's mark is sufficient to sustain. For the same reason, ignite isn't there for Gang's Momentum. Also, using too much unique may be hard for capping resist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info