[3.2] Bobby's Lacerate Bleed Gladiator [Budget Friendly | HC Viable | TANKY] UPDATED!

You spent 2 points to get Diamond Skin. It would be better to spend those two points to get Cloth and Chain, as that would give you the same resists, and an additional 12% to armor and 36% to evasion.
"
Mortac wrote:
You spent 2 points to get Diamond Skin. It would be better to spend those two points to get Cloth and Chain, as that would give you the same resists, and an additional 12% to armor and 36% to evasion.

I've mentioned this change in the guide and I changed my own passive tree quite some time ago to reflect this. Maybe you're looking at an older passive tree?
https://www.youtube.com/c/bobbygoogus
https://www.twitch.tv/bobbygoogus/
"
GeneParmesean wrote:
"
I'm kinda taking a tweaked version of this build but for the bleed aspect how do you feel about the Haemophilia gloves? I feel like they mesh well but i fear it would be a waste and i should drive for some solid rare guantlets with attack speed and extra bleed dam?

I've strongly considered Haemophilia gloves ever since I started this character. My issue at this point is getting resist-capped while using them. If you ran a rare shield with lots of resists, it could work. I still have a very strong feeling that a good pair of rare gloves with lots of life and flat phys will outweigh them, as we already explode bleeding enemies and our bleed chance is already capped. If you end up messing around with them, definitely let me know how it turns out!

I've been leveling with them and here's my conclusions: First your concern of maxing resists isn't a huge hinderance i am fully maxed out(except chaos) and still have a free ring slot I haven't decided what to do with yet. Where I feel the major drawback is the wasted 25% increase chance to bleed and their weak defensive points (capping at 94/94 well below my usual requirement for gloves). To mitigate the wasted chance to bleed i actually removed the bleed support gem from my lacerate, and still have a universal 100% bleed on all hits, which is nice as it opens an additional support potential for lacerate (not sure what to put in though).

All-in-all i would say if you dont mind the hit on defensive points and bleed duration(which you shouldn't cause we pick up some duration in our passive tree) they are nice way of getting a solid chunk of extra bleed dam, with the additional benefit of opening a slot on lacerate.

PS for those of you wondering yes the explosion dam stacks mobs blow for 15% of max life when they die.
I've been playing this build in HC as a league starter (yes I know the league is almost over :P). It works great, but I decided against going Mind Over Matter because if I take a savage hit from something I just lose all ability to use movement skills. It almost killed me a couple of times before I decided to refund and switch to more life and damage, running enfeeble+blasphemy and vitality aura off my mana instead of MoM.

Also I went swords, just for fun I guess.

http://poeurl.com/bLOF

that's the tree if anyone else is interested, pretty self explanatory.

I can face tank most things even with my subpar gear. Although I think the beauty of this build in HC is that you can kite mobs fairly easy as lacerate is kind of a hybrid range skill.

The Jewels I take are pacifism x 2 and I run Ahn's Might as a weapon.
"
weedlord420 wrote:
I've been playing this build in HC as a league starter (yes I know the league is almost over :P). It works great, but I decided against going Mind Over Matter because if I take a savage hit from something I just lose all ability to use movement skills. It almost killed me a couple of times before I decided to refund and switch to more life and damage, running enfeeble+blasphemy and vitality aura off my mana instead of MoM.

Also I went swords, just for fun I guess.

http://poeurl.com/bLOF

that's the tree if anyone else is interested, pretty self explanatory.

I can face tank most things even with my subpar gear. Although I think the beauty of this build in HC is that you can kite mobs fairly easy as lacerate is kind of a hybrid range skill.

The Jewels I take are pacifism x 2 and I run Ahn's Might as a weapon.

(Not OP)I thought about Ahns might a couple of times but with resolute technique most of its bonuses are kinda wasted since we never get crits anyway
I don't get RT, there's no point if you go swords you end up with like 90-93% hitchance. it free's up the skill tree by a couple of points that allow you to get other things that increase survivability an dps. But hey i'm not saying my variation is that great, it's just what worked for me in HC.
What allows this build to ignore phys reflect? Doesn't Lacerate still do some immediate phys damage?
"
Gescom wrote:
What allows this build to ignore phys reflect? Doesn't Lacerate still do some immediate phys damage?

Not OP:
I had trouble with Phys Reflect, insta gibbed me.
"
weedlord420 wrote:
I don't get RT, there's no point if you go swords you end up with like 90-93% hitchance. it free's up the skill tree by a couple of points that allow you to get other things that increase survivability an dps. But hey i'm not saying my variation is that great, it's just what worked for me in HC.

No that makes sense. I fooled around with the same idea but stuck with RT in the end. Good to know it could work both ways.
it seems like Gladiator gets buffed in new patch. would we get an update of the guide?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info