[3.6 Video Guide] Volatile Dead Inquisitor (or Elementalist) [HC/SC/Uber Izaro/Shaper]

"
Praeter wrote:
"
NayleenMT wrote:
5k life and 3.5k mana before I respecced

Did you try cremation against bosses that don’t move that much? Then you can focus on dodging stuff. A 6L cremation with high crit just melts bosses.

If i may ask, why cremation on a 6 link?? we play with VD on a 6 link right? or is it better to switch at higher maps?
Nope, I wanted to play a VD build not a cremation one :p

(and am now using both on my poet's pen build lol)
@Ghazzy

I got another question and hope you dont mind.

From my understanding the leech bonus of the passive Mind Drinker is not applied to VD.

So would Soul Siphon not fit better?

I have to admit I did not do the maths and therefore I'm not sure whether it would provide more mana.
Hi @Ghazzy,

First off, I'm a n00b. And have been waiting for your guide to come out. :P

When I saw the new gems, I was pretty hyped because base damage looks so awesome, but I didn't see any VD builds until recently, and not many has the same concept as what I had in mind. (use of Totems to be a little safer?)

Now, I've imported your PoB link, and I've compared with my mock-up that I played around with (Chieftain - for Totem Taunt mostly, but also +Fire Dmg, +Life Regen and Leech), but my numbers seems outrageous. Did I key in something wrong?

I'm not sure if you have the time, but could you comment on my theorybuild?

https://pastebin.com/w4sVajaJ

Edit: I just remembered your PoB showed some gems not max levelled, is that why?

Also, for clarity, I'm not trying to push my build. I'm a noob and takes me a few weeks to level, especially without a guide.

If you think it's worthwhile, it would be awesome if you could flesh it out and write a build for it. I'd be really happy to try it out
Last edited by eskeemoo on Dec 26, 2017, 6:49:15 AM
Should i stay with a tabula or use 5L cloak if I don't have a 6L? I'm in HC.
Hey I was told about this build and link I was wondering how this is strictly speaking from a farming end game and bosses content perspective. Love to hear back thanks
Hi,

A friend of mine (beginner in poe) show me your build.
In PoB, you have a inspired learning, why ? (you take 3 notables, not 4)

Thks
Ten Thousand Ways To Die ...
Hey,

Is that Path of Building correct? For some reason the damage seems unreasonable low, like REALLY low, even lower then the Elementalist. What's wrong there?
"
ferable94 wrote:
"
Praeter wrote:
"
NayleenMT wrote:
5k life and 3.5k mana before I respecced

Did you try cremation against bosses that don’t move that much? Then you can focus on dodging stuff. A 6L cremation with high crit just melts bosses.

If i may ask, why cremation on a 6 link?? we play with VD on a 6 link right? or is it better to switch at higher maps?

Cremation priority is mainly for bosses such as Shaper and/or Uber Atziri/Uber Izaro as it is simply a stronger single target ability, though VD should be more than sufficient for everything but Uber Atziri (due to the mirror clone).

"
Eluvex wrote:
@Ghazzy

I got another question and hope you dont mind.

From my understanding the leech bonus of the passive Mind Drinker is not applied to VD.

So would Soul Siphon not fit better?

I have to admit I did not do the maths and therefore I'm not sure whether it would provide more mana.

I NEVER mind people asking questions!

Mind Drinker is not just there for the mana, it's there as the jewel "Inspired Learning" requires 4 Notables, which I just realised is fucked cause I forgot to add Nullification. Will update the PoB link & finalized tree links right away!

"
eskeemoo wrote:
Hi @Ghazzy,

First off, I'm a n00b. And have been waiting for your guide to come out. :P

When I saw the new gems, I was pretty hyped because base damage looks so awesome, but I didn't see any VD builds until recently, and not many has the same concept as what I had in mind. (use of Totems to be a little safer?)

Now, I've imported your PoB link, and I've compared with my mock-up that I played around with (Chieftain - for Totem Taunt mostly, but also +Fire Dmg, +Life Regen and Leech), but my numbers seems outrageous. Did I key in something wrong?

I'm not sure if you have the time, but could you comment on my theorybuild?

https://pastebin.com/w4sVajaJ

Edit: I just remembered your PoB showed some gems not max levelled, is that why?

Also, for clarity, I'm not trying to push my build. I'm a noob and takes me a few weeks to level, especially without a guide.

If you think it's worthwhile, it would be awesome if you could flesh it out and write a build for it. I'd be really happy to try it out

Hey,

The underlvld gems in PoB is a miss from my end, though lvl 19 vs lvl 20 on a few gems doesn't matter. The PoB is to show the general setup & some alrightish gear.

Using both Spell Echo & Spell Cascade on your VD is rather wasted, even more so with Faster Casting as well. Spell Echo means you consume up to 6 balls (1-3 * 2), Cascade uses the spell 2 more times which means 3 consecutive hits, which is 6 * 3 = 12 balls without helmet enchant, this means that you will very rarely have that many corpses available and therefor are losing effective DPS from your VDs. Since you decided on using a Pledge, I'd recommend not using Cascade, and remove faster casting as it is completely useless with a lvl 30 Spell Echo (even a normal Spell Echo would prompt the removal of faster casting due to diminishing returns at higher cast (or atk) speed).
The next problem you'll encounter here is the fact that you want to ignite thanks to your ascendancy choice, at the same time as Elemental Focus being one of the best dmg modifying support gems for the build.

Since you're not going crit it causes problems in deciding which support gem would actually fit the best which means you are most likely falling back on the faster casting which means there's a fundamental problem in the build from the start, however, removing Pledge of Hands going with another option would allow for spell echo to be linked, though that causes problems on your eHP front.
Choice is yours :P

With the specific uniques you've listed & the tree I reckon you can reach around 6k actual life which means that you'll have a 30% MoM effect + potential additional 3% "recently" after being hit which means you need these mana numbers eventually:

30% MoM => 6000 * 0.428 = 2568 (eHP = 8568)
33% MoM => 6000 * 0.492 = 2952 (eHP = 8952)
These numbers are good numbers imo.

Personally I don't think the class is right for VD, I see a lot of problems when lacking corpses since you need to summon a totem that then summons corpses and that takes time from the process of you summoning balls from the generated corpses before your dmg is actually applied when the summoned balls hits the enemies.

The main reason this & the elementalist version I made feels squishy is because of the delayed application of your actual DMG which is why I have solutions to counter that issue, your version does not.

I'm all for testing out new things, and honestly you should test your version out and tweak accordingly when you run in to issues, that's how I do most of my builds! But you asked for my opinion, there it is :)

"
najo wrote:
Should i stay with a tabula or use 5L cloak if I don't have a 6L? I'm in HC.

If you feel squishy or the need for more eHP to handle harder content = Cloak.
If not, wait till you 6L it.

"
foster21 wrote:
Hey I was told about this build and link I was wondering how this is strictly speaking from a farming end game and bosses content perspective. Love to hear back thanks

Build should be able to handle everything fairly easy, everything EXCEPT Uber Atziri (VD will eventually hit the mirror clone and you'll end up one shotting yourself, though, you could switch and use a 6L Cremation vs that fight to remove that issue and you'll be able to do her as well).

"
titides wrote:
Hi,

A friend of mine (beginner in poe) show me your build.
In PoB, you have a inspired learning, why ? (you take 3 notables, not 4)

Thks

Noted from another comment as well, this was fixed as of this response!
My bad!

"
SHiRKiT wrote:
Hey,

Is that Path of Building correct? For some reason the damage seems unreasonable low, like REALLY low, even lower then the Elementalist. What's wrong there?

Configuration not set in PoB, if you sort that they should be about the same.
I never go by tooltip when creating builds, the PoB is there for a general look of the tree, gear & skillgem choices and how I've placed them.

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
On Abyss gloves with the warlord's mark are currently about 40c. While leveling would it be better to run like a blasphemy-WM instead of twin heralds?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info