I fell into the trap again this league....

Harbinger was a success for me. Followed two solid guides (sunder and ancestral warchief champion by lifting which was savage). Got some decent stuff. Of COURSE for abyss I thought "how hard could making my own dude be without following a build?!" like I do every other league. All of 20 levels in to realize how terrible I am at making my own guys haha. Anyone else do this? My fantastic idea was a ES lightning tendrils inquisitor.....

The worst part is I'm too stubborn to throw in the towel.... ON WE GO!
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2017, 7:23:53 AM
"
Blakwhysper wrote:
Harbinger was a success for me. Followed two solid guides (sunder and ancestral warchief champion by lifting which was savage). Got some decent stuff. Of COURSE for abyss I thought "how hard could making my own dude be without following a build?!" like I do every other league. All of 20 levels in to realize how terrible I am at making my own guys haha. Anyone else do this? My fantastic idea was a ES lightning tendrils inquisitor.....

The worst part is I'm too stubborn to throw in the towel.... ON WE GO!

Builds are like delicious meals, you start with a recipe and season to fit your own taste.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Well it can still be fun to see how far you can take a particular idea.
Throwing in the towel at level 20... if you were my son i would disown you.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
I followed a build once, only to realize that it's OK, but won't work unless you do the whole math. I wanna play to have fun, not to make math.

So, I always go with my own shit, SSF. One in three fails, the other two get me to T13 maps (old atlas). Haven't struck the OMG this shit kills everything, but hey...I'm having fun at least.
Play for awhile and then just make another character. My first character last league was stinko too.
Censored.
Always do a good league started to build currency.
I actually always do my own builds. Not all of them work out, though.
THis league I started with a Dominating Blow necromancer which I then thought wouldn't be any good.
Well... the game itself was OK, but Abysses and especially those bats were impossible as early as Act IV.

Now doing Ice Spear, because I've always liked that spell and it is not meta. :D Probably won't make it far into maps.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Eh builds are overrated (unless of course your one and only goal is the fastest kill speed). PErsonally I have fun experimenting.
SSF since ~OB
If you're trying to be ES at level 20, you'd better really know your stuff...

Anyway, I used new tendrils very briefly at the start until I got flame totem, and at least at very low level and selfcast, new tendrils < old tendrils. Also the orb effect could've been used on another skill. No Force Lightning for me anymore, only Shavronne gets to RP a Sith when I get close enough :<
Lvl 52 and trucking along nicely.
I am thinking about a caster soon, once I get to 70 ish.

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info