[3.1] Volatile Dead Assassin [Budget League Starter][SSF Viable]

"
Pretty sure the best way to boss with this build would be Unearth + Spell Totem + GMP + Spell Echo. If u want to do a staff build u can do cremation with 6l or u can do it without a 6l and put it in a 4l. If you manage to get a good helm or glove this league. U can get 2 6l volatile dead + creamation.

Cremation + Conc effect+ Ele focus + Crit dmg + fire pen + power charge on crit (unless u plan to do orb of storm + power charge on crit + curse on hit + famability)

spell echo doesn't work with spell totem
I myself use Volley+GMP

"
CoolColJ wrote:
"
Pretty sure the best way to boss with this build would be Unearth + Spell Totem + GMP + Spell Echo. If u want to do a staff build u can do cremation with 6l or u can do it without a 6l and put it in a 4l. If you manage to get a good helm or glove this league. U can get 2 6l volatile dead + creamation.

Cremation + Conc effect+ Ele focus + Crit dmg + fire pen + power charge on crit (unless u plan to do orb of storm + power charge on crit + curse on hit + famability)

spell echo doesn't work with spell totem
I myself use Volley+GMP

Ah okay didn't know that, I'll switch that later
Also maybe use controlled destruction instead of conc effect for cremation. Don't think it works.
"
Also maybe use controlled destruction instead of conc effect for cremation. Don't think it works.

it does, but it makes the explosions and impacts smaller

my 4 link cremation is ele focus + contr destruction + fire pen

other options - slower proj, point blank, etc

but these only affect the proj , the AOE from explosion and ball impacts is a large part of the skill
Last edited by CoolColJ on Dec 10, 2017, 5:26:57 PM
doing similar build already before found this
currently lv 57. running very basic gear and MOM

desecrate > spell cascade > Arcane surge (this last looks waste as i dont use enough mana)i
volatile > spell echo > spell cascade > Ele focus
Cremation > ele focus > concentrated effect > faster projectile

unable to use fire pen because low strength

I will plan to replace ele focus when I get enough crit

Gameplay
When I drop desecrate it will make 3 patches of dead (15) then I hit volatile and all the dead will turn to balls what will start to seek targets. 1 ball kills average white mob.

If there are some bosses i drop 3 Cremations and then turn leftover to balls.

Main problem in leveling was stunlock after taking shield it's getting better
as weapon I'm using Axiom Perpetuum just because I had it, before was using dual 20% ele scepters

Hey man, thanks for the build. What flasks would you suggest and what do you think about the idea of Kaom's Heart with a staff since the extra sockets aren't needed and survivability is lacking.
Sorry if i am hijacking your thread, but i have some pointers for you.

*Tree is not efficient. You use up 8 points just to get constitution, wich translates into a merely
Im also doing a VD Shadow, but doing trickster instead 2.375% life per point, wich is rather shitty.

I remove all points leading to it, saving you a total of 11 points, and add points into the Devotion and Purity of Flesh cluster. Wich translates into 4.44% life per point spent, while also giving you 2 additional points to spend elsewhere. Way more efficient.

And why did you not go for the 4% spell damage per power charge? its a great node.

*In my opinion Assassin is not great for this build. The Ambush node is not gonna be use to full effect. You will most likely damage mobbs with Volatile deads first explosion, not triggering 100% more crit chance on the balls.

Thats why i decided to go for trickster instead. Almost identical if not exactly the same tree, but more survivability and speed overall. If you would be interested here is my build guide.

Last edited by SebbeTg on Dec 12, 2017, 7:19:39 AM
Im currently running this build on 2 consuming darks. I self cast desecrate on a spell cascade for 15 corpses fast then run through packs. Id suggest spell echo over cascade. It makes each ball deal way more. 10 less vs 50-31 is a lot. Also the cast speed will make cascade negligible. Also you can get 15 orbs out per desecrate which beats the 10 from a gmp unearth firing twice.
"
SebbeTg wrote:
Sorry if i am hijacking your thread, but i have some pointers for you.

*Tree is not efficient. You use up 8 points just to get constitution, wich translates into a merely
Im also doing a VD Shadow, but doing trickster instead 2.375% life per point, wich is rather shitty.

I remove all points leading to it, saving you a total of 11 points, and add points into the Devotion and Purity of Flesh cluster. Wich translates into 4.44% life per point spent, while also giving you 2 additional points to spend elsewhere. Way more efficient.

And why did you not go for the 4% spell damage per power charge? its a great node.

*In my opinion Assassin is not great for this build. The Ambush node is not gonna be use to full effect. You will most likely damage mobbs with Volatile deads first explosion, not triggering 100% more crit chance on the balls.

Thats why i decided to go for trickster instead. Almost identical if not exactly the same tree, but more survivability and speed overall. If you would be interested here is my build guide.

I agree too, its more efficient and I'am already doing like this. additionally you get 20% chaos resist.

Regarding Ambush- you will damage mobs with desecrate first if you put it over enemy- but if you cast desecrate and VD on empty space the balls will get crit IMO.
Any update?

I am 69 now with 4 links.

For higher panel, 4 links: VD - spell echo - Elemental Focus - Concentrated Effect
For corpses, 3 links is: Desecrate - Spell Cascade - Faster Casting
For boss fight, I use Decoy Totem
Remove the Unearth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info