[3.3] The Swordmaster - Dual-wield crit Champion / Slayer - All Contents (updated June 5th)

"
Gothlike wrote:
Hey, i'm currently playing this build in the new league, So far so good into red tier maps atm.

i'm wondering tho, since all of your setups use "Damage on Full Life" gem but also use The blood rage gem in another piece for the buff.

I've noticed, even tho with the slayer + insane new vaalpact, if i hover over my HP bar when i'm fully leeching & in combat. it's never actually 100% all the time, same goes for my tooltip i feel like the blood rage is making the " Damage on Full Life " not proc.

Am i wrong?

You were right, sorry for not making it clear, I only use Damage on Full Life when i want to go all out for damage, most of the time, i like using Blood rage, just replace Damage on Full life with either Chance to bleed/Brutality ( can't use Herald of ash)/ Added fire or anything you like. Will update the guide now, thanks
"
Brown14 wrote:
"
Gothlike wrote:
Hey, i'm currently playing this build in the new league, So far so good into red tier maps atm.

i'm wondering tho, since all of your setups use "Damage on Full Life" gem but also use The blood rage gem in another piece for the buff.

I've noticed, even tho with the slayer + insane new vaalpact, if i hover over my HP bar when i'm fully leeching & in combat. it's never actually 100% all the time, same goes for my tooltip i feel like the blood rage is making the " Damage on Full Life " not proc.

Am i wrong?

You were right, sorry for not making it clear, I only use Damage on Full Life when i want to go all out for damage, most of the time, i like using Blood rage, just replace Damage on Full life with either Chance to bleed/Brutality ( can't use Herald of ash)/ Added fire or anything you like. Will update the guide now, thanks

Yeah i found out that too, early in the maps. Brutality seems best option, damage vise. You lose something like 5% compared to DMG ON FULL LUFE, but you gain stability.

On the other hand, using Brutality means we cant gain elemental dmg bonus from any source. So herald is uselles, thats space for something else. The problem is, we dont have anything usefull we can put in :)
Last edited by djokosrb on Dec 13, 2017, 1:34:00 PM
I love this build, It's my first melee character in a very long time I am having a blast. With the current skill tree (with some changes) do you think it'S fine going gladiator instead of slayer? Was wondering that since I'm considering the subclass right now.
Also did another test: Is it just me or Faster Attacks give so much more than Maim?! Atm im only lvl 75 and 5l but clear and boss fights go so much cleaner and easier with FA?

Also Brutality is great, it should only be swapped for Chance to Bleed/Faster Attacks or Maim if you have Taste of Hate+Atziri Promise, those plus Herald+plus one of the supports mentioned above(instead of Brutality) should give us more dps than brutality. But we need all of them, and atm lowest roll Taste of Hate is 120c.... SO until absolute end game and if your budget allows, my opinion is that Brutallity is way to go.
Last edited by djokosrb on Dec 13, 2017, 6:22:34 PM
"
acamat wrote:
I love this build, It's my first melee character in a very long time I am having a blast. With the current skill tree (with some changes) do you think it'S fine going gladiator instead of slayer? Was wondering that since I'm considering the subclass right now.

Hi, I think the current skill tree is the most optimized you can get, for both offensive/defensive. It's true that other classes have higher dps potential than slayer (like Gladiator, Beserker, Ranger) but trust me, Slayer is the best melee class IF you like the comfortable play style (20% cull, no stun/bleed, endless leech, etc). But anyway, play anything you like !
"
djokosrb wrote:
Also did another test: Is it just me or Faster Attacks give so much more than Maim?! Atm im only lvl 75 and 5l but clear and boss fights go so much cleaner and easier with FA?

Also Brutality is great, it should only be swapped for Chance to Bleed/Faster Attacks or Maim if you have Taste of Hate+Atziri Promise, those plus Herald+plus one of the supports mentioned above(instead of Brutality) should give us more dps than brutality. But we need all of them, and atm lowest roll Taste of Hate is 120c.... SO until absolute end game and if your budget allows, my opinion is that Brutallity is way to go.

FA is the way to go if you want extra comfort, but it will soon get out performed by other mentioned gems. Beside, i always use Blood rage + attack speed on boots to compensate for that.

Maim is very good, it increases damage taken on maimed enemies, but most of the time you won't notice it since mobs died so fast and some bosses are immuned to maim.

There's no need to wait till end-game or pay 120c, you can just kill Atziri yourself, Atziri's promise is a very common drop. You just have to remember the pattern, check out my videos. You can kill her around 75-80, at the end, she's only level 70.

Another thing is, your highest dps boost for off hand is Death's hand, with Brutality, you won't get to benefit from Unholy might (30% phys as chaos), which is huge. I just take a peek at your char, there's a reason for not using swords in off-hand, ill will update the guide now, pls check FAQ section later.
how do i get more base crit on my rapier?
"
AlmightyDrake wrote:
how do i get more base crit on my rapier?

Well, you need to have/craft crit chance on your sword. Or use a Vaal rapier sword base. Using inc crit strikes gem is a must.
When would you consider switching gems for Inc. crit strike? Should I wait until I have quite enough crit chance before using it?
"
acamat wrote:
When would you consider switching gems for Inc. crit strike? Should I wait until I have quite enough crit chance before using it?

I use Inc. crit strikes all the time, even when i have a >8% base crit sword, its one of the most important power sources for your dps. If your total crit chance is lower than 50% and you don't want to use Inc crit strikes gem, you can use a Diamond flask instead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info