[3.3] The Swordmaster - Dual-wield crit Champion / Slayer - All Contents (updated June 5th)

"
FEELme2013 wrote:

Hi, I have done some testing with death's hand and a 300+ pdps high crit chance off hand sword.

If i'm not mistaken, I think when you have a good off hand sword, the dmg outweighs the extra chaos dmg from death's hand. Do correct me if I'm wrong, this is my first critical build play style and is still fairly new to it.

As you see from my first screenshot, the avg dmg is 69.7k with flasks while the second screenshot with death hand is only 57.3k.

If i switch to bloodrage and replace full life gem with added fire, my full dps (with 1h offhand swrd) is only about 67k. Do you have any recommendations on what other things I can improve to reach 80k+ avg dps like yours?

So what is your build different from playing a 1 hander ?
If you want to achieve my avg damage, this will do it, but you won't get to have my actual damage. I don't need to look at these numbers to know that you are wrong, those who have familiar with poe will notice it and I have wasted enough time to know that doing so will bring you no good. The only thing you will benefit from your off-hand sword is the %crit multi explicit mod.
Last edited by Brown14 on Jan 4, 2018, 10:42:49 AM
I see! So we should not just rely on the dps shown. Sorry! I haven't been playing actively and am not familiar with all POE contents.

Thanks a lot for your replies. Happy new year!
Hey again.

Currently also wondering where these numbers come from, as I thought my gear was rather on spot.

Not that it would matter much against the endgame content, I got 12.5k avg damage sitting in hideout with iAoE. Fully Buffed, 3 power 3 frenzy charges, all flasks -> 40k avg. (My foil has 391 pdps.)

Could you have a quick look and tell me if you see a major issue please?

Thanks in advance
"
miChaaaaaaa wrote:
Hey again.

Currently also wondering where these numbers come from, as I thought my gear was rather on spot.

Not that it would matter much against the endgame content, I got 12.5k avg damage sitting in hideout with iAoE. Fully Buffed, 3 power 3 frenzy charges, all flasks -> 40k avg. (My foil has 391 pdps.)

Could you have a quick look and tell me if you see a major issue please?

Thanks in advance

Those numbers come from many aspects, mostly legacy flasks/abyss + jewels and a good foil, your Foil is not a really ideal base for crit but it's all good. You have a lot of ele convert damage which will definitely bulk up these numbers but it's not recommended, if you don't feel overwhelmed against bosses with high resist then everything is alright.
Last edited by Brown14 on Jan 4, 2018, 8:39:05 PM
test
Last edited by timorjin on Jan 6, 2018, 9:41:01 PM
I'm terribly sorry but I read your guide and tried to follow your gear setting as much as possible, but I can only manage to get an average damage of about 3.5 k for blade flurry.
The skill tree is basically the same and I'm currently at lvl 73.

The following are my equipment

Sorry for the trouble, but I'm a newbie to the game and can't find out what I'm doing wrong.
Last edited by timorjin on Jan 6, 2018, 10:05:55 PM
"
timorjin wrote:
I'm terribly sorry but I read your guide and tried to follow your gear setting as much as possible, but I can only manage to get an average damage of about 3.5 k for blade flurry.
The skill tree is basically the same and I'm currently at lvl 73.

The following are my equipment

Sorry for the trouble, but I'm a newbie to the game and can't find out what I'm doing wrong.

Hi there...the reason is obvious enough, the screenshot shows that you have 4 support links on your BF while you are using a 6L Belly, Ruthless does not work with BF. Moreover, you use "Increased crit damage" instead of "Increased crit strikes" gem while your sword has only 5.6 crit base, all that crit multiplier means nothing if you can't get to crit.

Your sword is a bad base for crit build (only 5.6% base crit), what I recommended was 7% least. You definitely have less than 90% hit chance since your gears have too little accuracy. These are the most significant mistake, and ALL of them have been addressed in the guide, if only you read them more carefully....
Sorry for overlooking the details. Thanks for taking the time to go through my gear and helping me out!
I wonder that with the implementation of the elder/shaper rares an offhand with 60-80%+ Elemental Damage from Phys gain would be stronger than Death's Hand. Sure you'll lose Power Charges on Stun but how likely is it to stun boss mobs?
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
"
DerPizzadieb wrote:
I wonder that with the implementation of the elder/shaper rares an offhand with 60-80%+ Elemental Damage from Phys gain would be stronger than Death's Hand. Sure you'll lose Power Charges on Stun but how likely is it to stun boss mobs?

Last time I check, elemental damage does not scale with phys but Chaos damage does, hence the Death's hand, if you want to bulk up your dps number, sure go on. Power charges was never a reason for using Death's hand since you have Assassin mark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info