PVP 'Balance' update

Your aps is 2.2 with a 1h weapon.....I attack faster then that with my fist.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 6, 2017, 8:02:43 PM
Yea but unlike your fists, his sword doesn’t break with the slightest impact.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Mar 6, 2018, 1:14:10 PM
Can anyone give example DPS number changes for bleed
9455-18991 bleed dps, 0.45 attack time.

before:
 9455-18991 pvp bleed dps
after:
 259-397 pvp bleed dps

No, it's not useless. don't forget about duration, damage bonus while moving, crimson dance etc.
Practically speaking, now we can replace "stibnite of staunching" with "stibnite of warding".
New Despair curse is no joke with blight. On my harbinger character I managed to get 169% chaos res and there is simply no space for additional 40%, so permanent curse immunity is sort of mandatory.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Dec 7, 2017, 6:08:05 PM
"
Aodui wrote:

This might also be a PVP balance (guess we'll see in a couple days):

"
NickK_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile: War for the Atlas
Character Balance
  • Your minions (and their minions) will no longer deal or take damage while you are dead.

So did they just remove bacon of corruption, the second most delicious ascendency node, from the game?

If so that change to minion life gem to more life is pretty pointless.

edit: wait i cant read. while the player is dead, not the minions. I guess its for the dead while ur golems farm shaper stuff.

Well more minion life it is.
Last edited by biyte on Dec 7, 2017, 6:49:32 PM
those golemancers craps abused the fact they could still kill you after their death if you were at 1.5 screen from them, now they ll just die looking dum. It s kind of fair.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Aodui wrote:
10% inc phys damage v. 4% inc speed

Between them both I always picked the phys damage because larger slower hits have bigger bleeds and are less reduced by armor than faster smaller hits.

If this is wrong my entire life has been a lie.

You SHOULD be faster with your fists than swinging a sword (swords are heavy).

This might also be a PVP balance (guess we'll see in a couple days):

No, that's true. Slower hits do hit harder due to the PvP algorithm, which is why fixed rate skills that hit multiple times and things like CwS,Cwdt etc.. can be abused easily.

Though there becomes a point as melee where you are too slow. The algorithm isn't so harsh that you should be wanting to attack only 2x per second, 4-5aps is a good spot. Your mobility has to be really slow too which would be an issue in a lot of situations.

Or you can really show you're awesome melee by using Multistrike + Lacerate, don't forget to attach a drool catcher to your chin duuuuuuuuuuuuur i gotz mai starforge melee slayurz and lionzroor flask duur.
Last edited by MullaXul on Dec 8, 2017, 6:52:11 AM
pvp is not about maximizing the dps though, due to attack animation time of skills most of the time your opponent would get out of your melee range until you attack. also your whirling blades duration must be extremely high, it would be surprising if you can chase someone fast succesfully and punish. that's what pvp is about, forcing your oppoent to chase you/succesfully chasing/punishing chasers. I believe, These are the priorities, then comes the dps min maxing/building around pvp damage formula. for 10%-15% more dps it's not worth to exchange mobility with dps.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Dec 8, 2017, 2:08:29 PM
Exactly, you need to find a comfortable balance between your attack rate and your base damage output. Mobility is directly reliant on your attack speed as melee unless you're again....a flame dash cwdt scrub ass mother fucker. That's what this games become though, why even bother doing things properly when GGG already put in a lazy option. Yes yes I know it's as if I wrote this in a different language to most PvPers now a days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info