Path of Nerfs

Buying new comp components with supporter cash
Last edited by Fasteddie1 on Dec 5, 2017, 2:36:19 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
I feel like most people are missing the context here for the exp nerf... did you all forget that EVERY. SINGLE. MAP MOD. will havedensity modifiers? The maps (especially corrupted 8 mod) will have a ton of monsters in them. MUCH more than before. I think the exp nerf is justified in this context!

I hope you're right, that would certainly negate my post XD... i think? XD
"
Hollycz wrote:
double post: btw did you notice that Chris put a new maps into his "signature"?

and did you realized if you compare the older maps i mean the Stones then the cupes and now the circles that the iir iiq was any time nerfed ?

i own old maps and if i Play em i swimm in currency ...

did you realize it ?
If you not affraid of the Devil.. then you dont need a GOD !
Last edited by ONE_OF_A_MILLION on Dec 5, 2017, 10:48:01 AM
If this is balance and futere of poe updates soon all will be forced to change the game
Boring less and less possibilities for playing unque builds and limitations
this game is more simpler and linear every update
Gona play wow, new patch is online, poe is laggy as always + you are usually dead without vaal pact leech running maps t13+ in party, + more exp needed for lvl 95+. I dont want to play currency stash tab game exchange, time to play wow or whatever you guys want.
I see much hating on Chris on this thread.

Ty for qotf nerf. Ty for barrage nerf. Hate you for Rise nerf.

PS: :)

Last edited by GEORG_VERTOLET on Dec 5, 2017, 10:53:42 AM
"
talkcoffee001 wrote:

Not everyone plays the same you play. I'm sure GGG has more data than whatever data you based your assumptions on.

I still think with these nerfs, slayer still remains as the best leeching class. But this time around you dont need just 1-2 nodes to make it Online, it requires gear/level/nodes to make it work. Im all up for this, GGG has the data for majority of users. Maybe you're one of those people who is targeted for this nerf, and now complain because you're comfort zone is modified.

You're right you don't need just 1-2 nodes to make it online, because there are now ONLY 3. Whether a player picking Slayer chooses to get those three is up to them. I'm saying that any player picking any class who chooses those three nodes will be like every slayer, because slayer's leech changes nothing now. Before you picked Slayer because of the leech, your character would then be completely designed around leech. How is that not heavy investment? How is that not enough?

I've sunk over 2800 hours into the game, and all I do is theorycraft builds. I'm at that point in the game where I can play a month's worth of content in an instant because I know what'll happen when my characters hit their full build limits/potential as soon as they're created. Make any dumb character concept up and I can create a build of it, make it viable and already know what the game will be like every step of the way. I made a leap slam poison/bleed shadow build, and I stopped playing because I found out Dendrobate at the time had no 3D art. I made a build around the 3D art of a chest-piece... That's how much I've theorycrafted this game. I also have the next Wormblaster build locked away on a remote island in the middle of the ocean called "Notellinyou"

Slayer dominated ladder because of Sunder, EQ and Flickerstrike. NOT because of leech.
Last edited by WizBlizz1994 on Dec 5, 2017, 10:56:25 AM
The nerf we needed, but not the one we deserved.

I rather play Path of Nerfs than Path of Casual.
First this disclaimer: I only plowed through the first 10 pages of comments on this manifesto. From that reading, the majority of response to the announced nerfs has been negative.

I have to say that I disagree. There is so much flexibility in this game (and more added with each patch) that nerfing the top performing skills is not a problem in my mind. There will always be some skills that are better performers than others. Taking the top performers down a notch gives some others more chance to shine. It is the fluidity of the game in adding new skills and items while diminishing the power of some others that make theory crafting a thing. If we could simply keep playing the same character again and again, the game would lose some of its appeal. In this vein, I don't care what gets nerfed or by how much. I will simply try to hit upon a good build (or two or three) within the current balance. Perhaps it is because I play exclusively in the seasons and not in standard that I feel this way, but I have the sense that I stand with the majority in this play style, if not opinion.

As for the XP Nerf - I can't say that I care much one way or the other about that either. I've never progressed past 90. That is partly due to my interest in trying different builds. I probably would not have ever hit 100 before the nerf, and that remains true since the nerf.

I see a lot of love for slayers and sunder in the forum. Those were not always things. They are both examples of the fluidity of the game. There was a time when marauder ground slammers were all the rage. As someone that has been on board this train since the open beta, I have to say that it is the changes to the game that have kept it fresh and interesting. Adding such a variety of items, skills, and build possibilities is what makes PoE interesting enough to have me approaching my 5 year anniversary with the game. If after a season some or all of the nerfs are deemed to have been overdone, they may well be retooled. In the meantime, some of the new skills may rise to become the meta. Change is good. Embrace it.
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
"
talkcoffee001 wrote:

Not everyone plays the same you play. I'm sure GGG has more data than whatever data you based your assumptions on.

I still think with these nerfs, slayer still remains as the best leeching class. But this time around you dont need just 1-2 nodes to make it Online, it requires gear/level/nodes to make it work. Im all up for this, GGG has the data for majority of users. Maybe you're one of those people who is targeted for this nerf, and now complain because you're comfort zone is modified.

You're right you don't need just 1-2 nodes to make it online, because there are now ONLY 3. Whether a player picking Slayer chooses to get those three is up to them. I'm saying that any player picking any class who chooses those three nodes will be like every slayer, because slayer's leech changes nothing now. Before you picked Slayer because of the leech, your character would then be completely designed around leech. How is that not heavy investment? How is that not enough?

I've sunk over 2800 hours into the game, and all I do is theorycraft builds. I'm at that point in the game where I can play a month's worth of content in an instant because I know what'll happen when my characters hit their full build limits/potential as soon as they're created. Make any dumb character concept up and I can create a build of it, make it viable and already know what the game will be like every step of the way. I made a leap slam poison/bleed shadow build, and I stopped playing because I found out Dendrobate at the time had no 3D art. I made a build around the 3D art of a chest-piece... That's how much I've theorycrafted this game. I also have the next Wormblaster build locked away on a remote island in the middle of the ocean called "Notellinyou"

Slayer dominated ladder because of Sunder, EQ and Flickerstrike. NOT because of leech.
lol
Last edited by sloanekettering on Dec 5, 2017, 11:00:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info