Anyone else playing Nioh on PC?

The difficulty is completely artificial. I'll use an example of just one way you can cheese stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-kkLThtFe0

And that's how you become a dinosaur on Nioh. Rawr! 1 million damage! Suck it! LOLOLOLOL.

Basically, damage buffing items + paralytic groundfire + gear that buffs damage vs paralyzed enemies = OHKO bosses. There are a few bosses that resist this, but all of those really OP human bosses are vulnerable to it, and most of the onis. There are at least a dozen or more other ways of cheesing shit using similar methods to do a boatload of damage.

Tachibana Munishige can OHKO you on Way of the Nioh (highest difficulty), and he's extremely tanky if you don't use some sorta gimmick to boost damage dealt to extreme levels.

The fight can literally drag out for 5 minutes with you chipping him to death when he can OHKO you if you don't go with a full oneshot cheese build, and that's what I mean by artificial difficulty. The higher the NG cycle, the more unbalanced and cheesy the game gets. Like rather than it be viable for you to play something you think is fun, you're shoehorned into a oneshot build in order to progress the content.

I wasn't running one of the super cheese oneshot builds, but I just got to Way of the Nioh and I'm pretty much gonna have to reroll to have even the slightest possibility of winning. Git Gud is Git Geer and Git bild in this game. Just like it is in PoE. I don't mind a boss fight taking 2-3 minutes, just not if I'm OHKO'd.

There will always be an error rate in execution that will always put it lower than 100% success rate, regardless of practice and learning the fight, and my baseline error % rate is a few % points higher, just because I'm ADHD. Suppose I can dodge an OHKO attack with 90-95% success rate, if the fight drags out for 5 minutes, and I have to dodge that attack 20x, odds are a near given that I lose if the fight drags out. And this game really fucks with me because I got 4 items on 2 tabs, and sometimes I stare at the tab for (0.5s) too long, or get the tabs mixed up and pop the wrong items in the heat of a fight and that gets me killed.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 23, 2017, 12:42:08 PM
No, didn't get the PC version as i'm almost done with the PS4 version.

Already full cleared all 5 difficulties and currently doing Abyss.
I have an Alien pet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info