Anyone else playing Nioh on PC?

I'm surprised this got a PC port, but I've been enjoying it so far. Mobs and bosses are kinda over tuned, but you got a lot of interesting ways to cheese stuff for easy wins.

I went with Odachi (one of the new DLC weapons) + heavy armor. I got duel blades as a sidearm, when I need some SoTC cheese. The game is pretty unbalanced, and some might argue unfair, but it's one of those games where it's cheese or be cheesed. It's like a Dark Souls game with cheaper bosses, and cheaper tactics you can implement.
Last bumped on Nov 28, 2017, 10:34:47 PM
No fucking NOOBS DIDN'T PUT MOUSE SUPPORT SO I RETURNED IT you expect me to play a DS genre game WITHOUT a fucking mouse?

Fuck outa here team ninja

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
No fucking NOOBS DIDN'T PUT MOUSE SUPPORT SO I RETURNED IT you expect me to play a DS genre game WITHOUT a fucking mouse?

I made it work with GPDSCK gamepad emulator and some creative scripting in Logitech Gaming Software :) Enjoying it so far, it's not quite like Dark Souls, but it's a fun game in its own right.
Fuck master rotas. Fuck any kind of rotas, for that matter.
Nioh might be on sale for the Steam black Friday sale. I don't plan on buying it until it's $5 though. I'd rather just play Path of Exile :)
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
I will see if it goes on sale on steam and what the PC port reviews are like. I don't have a Ps4 so I was bummed that I couldn't play it, but I love Dark Souls games. I was sad that it didn't do too great because it looked like it had a lot of potential. Every top DS streamer played Nioh for like a week then went straight back to DS.

"

I'm... not sure if you're serious or trolling? Using a mouse in DS? Small dino arms are not an excuse to not use a controller.
I consider dark souls to be unplayable with a keyboard + mouse
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
I'm one of those people who can use either or for a lot of games, and think some games play better with KB + Mouse, others are better with a pad. Nioh is one of those games that's just better with a pad, IMO. Along with dark souls. FPS games, or games like Skyrim, Fallout I prefer mouse + KB. I do slightly prefer a pad over mouse + KB for Witcher 3 though.

Most of the difficulty in Nioh is in fact artificial. Most people having a hard time are knowingly or unknowingly engaging in self-imposed limitations on build + loadout. As a new player, that's not a very good idea. If you try that before actually learning the game, you get #rekt, and it will seem extremely unfair.

I'll use an example, any build wants at least 30 in dex & magic (eventually), because 30 in both of those stats + the extra capacity in those trees get you 40 ninjetsu and magic capacity, which is cap. There is an awful lot of good shit in Ninja and Omnyo trees, and not taking advantage of it is gimping yourself. The shit is overtuned for a reason, and the developers expect you to use some of these tools to win.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Nov 22, 2017, 3:15:04 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
I will see if it goes on sale on steam and what the PC port reviews are like. I don't have a Ps4 so I was bummed that I couldn't play it, but I love Dark Souls games. I was sad that it didn't do too great because it looked like it had a lot of potential. Every top DS streamer played Nioh for like a week then went straight back to DS.

"

I'm... not sure if you're serious or trolling? Using a mouse in DS? Small dino arms are not an excuse to not use a controller.

I'll EAT U U BULLY
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

I'll EAT U U BULLY

It's almost 2018, bully is spelt "boolie" now. :^)
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
It doesn't seem to be on sale this year for the black Friday/cyber Monday sale...I still have a bunch of friends that are currently online playing it though..so it must be worth the full price if you are into those kind of games.
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info