Is AOE still gonna be dogshit in 3.1?

sunder is aoe, just sayin'
Second-class poe gamer
In PoB: Slayer Earthquake Aftershock using Inc Aoe 20/20 + Templar Aoe nodes.

Meanwhile, "aoe" for projectile skills is 2 screens. Nice game.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Nov 19, 2017, 8:27:39 AM
AOE dogshit?

Name me a single target skill that is better than AOE skills for map clearing
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
AOE dogshit?

Name me a single target skill that is better than AOE skills for map clearing

Infernal blow, barrage? (as good as aoe skill or in some cases better since you haven't mentioned what kind of aoe skill we are talking about).
Last edited by karoollll2534 on Nov 19, 2017, 8:25:15 AM
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Aoe skills hit 3 pixels around your character
Projectile skills hit the entire screen
#balance

I want aoe skills back. Hello, GGG... come on...

Actually projectiles hit entire screenS(emphasis on plural), which has always been an issue; one I just can't understand. How hard is it to at least limit projectiles to a single screen?

And I agree. Its funny using normal screen AoE skills when you can just find some kind of projectile and kill entire screens away.
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Aoe skills hit 3 pixels around your character
Projectile skills hit the entire screen
#balance

I want aoe skills back. Hello, GGG... come on...

Actually projectiles hit entire screenS(emphasis on plural), which has always been an issue; one I just can't understand. How hard is it to at least limit projectiles to a single screen?

And I agree. Its funny using normal screen AoE skills when you can just find some kind of projectile and kill entire screens away.
well you cant really say Infernal blow is a single target skill... its more of a conditional aoe skill. Saying Infernal blow is a single target skill is like saying a grenade is a single target weapon

and barrage, people dont clear with it, its more likely to be the Herald of ice linked with it or the occasional vaal power siphon

The only AOE skill that needs love is Blink/Mirror arrow... they need the fucking tag
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Nov 19, 2017, 8:38:53 AM
Having played a dual curse (self cast) ED/Cont build in Harb I can't say I really noticed the AOE nerf very much. Curses actually got that buffed so with added AOE and no AOE nodes they nearly cover the screen. Contagion only covers about 30% but you only need to hit one mob in the pack...

Now with Spell Cascade that creates 3 AOE points per spellcast AOE spells are getting a change in how that area is applied (the 25% less modifier will probably keep the AOE roughly the same), though we don't know how quality will change that. But the opportunity to catch mobs in the overlap of things like flame blast (seen briefly in the trailer), fire/ice storm, stormcall, and other area skills is very nice.

With the added Volley skill and L/GMP, again, the opportunity to catch targets in the overlap is considerable.

Shotgunning has returned....
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Having played a dual curse (self cast) ED/Cont build in Harb I can't say I really noticed the AOE nerf very much. Curses actually got that buffed so with added AOE and no AOE nodes they nearly cover the screen. Contagion only covers about 30% but you only need to hit one mob in the pack...

Now with Spell Cascade that creates 3 AOE points per spellcast AOE spells are getting a change in how that area is applied (the 25% less modifier will probably keep the AOE roughly the same), though we don't know how quality will change that. But the opportunity to catch mobs in the overlap of things like flame blast (seen briefly in the trailer), fire/ice storm, stormcall, and other area skills is very nice.

With the added Volley skill and L/GMP, again, the opportunity to catch targets in the overlap is considerable.

Shotgunning has returned....
Removing shotgun has been a lazy way to balance this issue

it doesnt make sense that the projectiles dont behave that way

at least bring shotgun back as a support
just play fireball, you have full screen aoe and full screen projectiles
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
GGG has been on a death march since 2.6 and it's not going to slow down or reverse anytime soon unless loot box sales go down.

I've given up on aoe ever being viable for clearspeed again. For those who forget how high you could scale AoE per nerf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fe4TXGX0KI
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Nov 19, 2017, 11:21:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info