So, Vaal pact nerf?

I'm actually not convinced Atziri's Acuity will change, or need to change.

For one, they're crushingly rare, cripplingly expensive gloves. For two, they place limits on one's leech - critical strikes get instant leech. That's not much of a limiter for some builds, and frankly I'd prefer it if it were something more stringent, but it's still a limiter. GGG's shown themselves willing to let extremely rare chase uniques break the mold a bit before, and leaving Acuity alone still fixes the primary broke-assed use case with Vaal Picnic, i.e. GOD DAMNED BERSERKERS, who will not even remotely have the crit chance necessary to do Atziri's Acuity shenanery with their Clucked in Sewagery bullscheite.

It would be nice if instant leech got the can completely, but being present on one otherwise-unremarkable claw (and limited to attacks with that claw, not whatever random spellnanery nonsense Berserkers do) and one set of essentially Unobtainium chase gloves that put the instant leech behind a build-defining condition?

That would likely be tolerable, at least as an experiment. Vaal Picnic (and its interaction with Clucked in Sewagery) is the real problem child here. Let's address VP first, leave the rest alone, and see if that's good enough.

If it proves to not be good enough, there's always 3.2.
"
Shppy wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
things such as enfeeble, blind, basalt/ToH and 5 points in acro provides so much defense its not even funny. and the opportunity cost of those is 1 curse slot, 1-2 flask slots (depending if you want to use stibnite or go for other sources of blind- for bosses other sources generally are better) and 5 nodes if youre on the right side of the tree.

Just one thing to add, since acro is brought up:

quartz flask > basalt, unless ACTUAL oneshots are an issue and basalt would save you from them.

even if all you got is acro/PA, a quartz flask is about 16.7% ave damage reduction against attacks and 14.3% against spells (more if you've got other sources of dodge/spell dodge), consuming fewer charges and having two uses from full without mods instead of 1.5, and works against all types of damage instead of only phys. Plus there's the whole phasing thing, which is alright too.

Hell, there's even a decent unique one available since it got buffed in 2.6, although most people don't quality it or use it as a quartz flask.

Just saying

might be on paper

but basalt is mainly there for those hits that do eventually hit you
"
shaunika90 wrote:

might be on paper

but basalt is mainly there for those hits that do eventually hit you

meh, if it wouldn't one-shot you it doesn't much matter, even without vp. And basalt only helps vs those oneshots if 15% less damage would keep you alive, doesn't really help vs the ones that kill you by a decent margin (while dodge could).

But i guess it's up to taste, i prefer my protection from all types of damage and better charge efficiency, even if the phys hits that get through are slightly stronger.
Last edited by Shppy on Nov 22, 2017, 9:48:49 PM
If you think slayer is not getting nerfed as well, you're probably new to this game.
Really tired of all these nerf's as someone who absolutely loves blade vortex. Played it every league, they couldn't even be arsed to fix second BV to not do extra damage but work as utlity for Pcoc and curses. ES vs Life was going to look at rebalance during 3.0, still the highest replied thread on the entire developer forum. NOPE nothing. That's fine I don't mind trying life, at least I have Vaal Pact...But hey too many people getting 100 with vaal pact. Time to remove that too. I was going to spend money on a pack for 3.1, after spending hundreds of dollars. But why am I going to play a game that Chris want's to play. Did he make the game for customers or himself? If you nerf Blade Vortex yet again for 3.1 I'm genuinely playing / spending MTX on something else. Not that it matters I'm probably only a small niche of players who have fallen in love with a certain thing in a game. But you gotta crush that love, so people can keep playing RF and Necro....can't keep using the word "Re-balance" every-time something is clearly removed from the game. How is removal "Rebalance". Do I need a thesaurus? Why not reduce things, rather than REMOVE them. Most ES / Poison / Burn that was strong since 2.6 has now been REMOVED.

/endrant

My wallet eagerly awaits 3.1
"
offchops wrote:
Why not reduce things, rather than REMOVE them.

That's because people are stubborn by nature so they learned it's necessary to drive the message home hard. It's much better to have players trying something else than complaining about their favorite skill underperforming.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 24, 2017, 5:24:53 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
offchops wrote:
Why not reduce things, rather than REMOVE them.

That's because people are stubborn by nature so they learned it's necessary to drive the message home hard. It's much better to have players trying something else than complaining about their favorite skill underperforming.

Also?

Vaal Picnic was 'reduced', not removed. The keystone is still there (if in a different spot for some reason). It's simply that any value whatsoever below "instant" counts as 'OMG IT'Z DED 4EV3R!!' for people who believed the only correct way to play PoE was to smash their face into everything whilst holding down RMB.

"Instant" can only be reduced to "Non-Instant". The issue people have is they're too used to the Magic Free Live Button to conceive of a world where they have to try and play the game again.

2bad. s0sad. Anyone leaving the game over the VP nerf is free to send me their stuff. I'll gladly hold onto it for them.
"
1453R wrote:
I'll gladly hold onto it for them.

Yeah, probably wouldn't be a waste of storage space. Can't see the meta going static anytime soon so anyone easily offended by things going topsy-turvy likely won't be back.

Heh. That's one of the things I like about this game. A couple three times a year, GGG gives the table a good hard slap. Not enough to upend everything completely (those are once a year or so, mebbe), but enough to rejumble stuff and give folks interesting new ideas to pursue.

Semiconstant refactoring of The Meta is good, not bad. Anyone who's played games with extended periods of undisturbed metaness knows this. And frankly PoE is about building stuff anyways. Who'd still be here if there was only ever one or two characters to build and then you just beat the game forever?
The way I see it, all that isn't about good and bad, they can't really do their thing any other way.

And the problem exists because some took too long to realize the oscillations aren't getting choked and nobody told them upfront.

Last edited by raics on Nov 24, 2017, 6:08:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info