[3.16 updated] BRO, DO YOU EVEN SUMMON? Life/ES Dark Pact Skeleton Caster League Starter

Elegant Hubris is awesome: the eesiest +4kk dps in my life (18c)
"
zoNiklv wrote:
"
_phlv_ wrote:
Thanks for very comprehensive answer :)

I assume you meant Cinderswallow Urn flask ant not Atziri's one, correct?

I want rather very solid and tanky build which can do pretty much anything on mapping + maybe up to depth 500 in the Delve.

Urn for maps, Atrizi for long bosses.

If that's your goal then just play Self-Cast. When transitioning few things you should/can do:

- You don't need minion Life on gear, simplifies itemization by alot. No need to rush and sell all that +life gear you might still use Minions now and then, but it opens up new options.
- Solve frenzy charge generation, my suggestion: Poacher's Mark that will be also a major QoL for maps since you can slack on flask usage. (Warlord's Mark doesn't work for spells).
- Since you have 9 frenzy charges you don't need any cast speed, frees up your passive points and slots on jewels. Jewel suggestion: http://poe.trade/search/ositamikadehiu
- Your rings can be life based + t1 life + t1 ES and you don't need non-channeling prefix - can just use a mana flask.
- More uniques can be used like gloves and belts.
Soul Tether stands out because it not only adds extra ES and has some good corrupts available. Also makes sure your ES is always leeching (ES support provides maximum damage), but you need leech source for it to work.
- Timeless jewel is not required as it doesn't add much since our % increase is high already, but ofc you can use one.

Self-cast works so good this league because for minions amulet swap from Gloomfang to Brotherhood is only a slight increase in DPS, but for Self-cast it's a huge boost!
Hey,

I'm trying to make this build to work, but I'm kinda struggling in higher maps.

I mean, not with the mapping itself - it's actually really smooth, mobs just die from single use of Dark Pact.

But I've huge problems with bosses - by bosses I mean shaper guardians. It just takes too long to kill them, my mana is drained and then I can't do anything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. On your videos, bosses are just being melted and now I'm sitting here and it takes ages to kill them.

Here is my pob -> https://pastebin.com/H2xJ16mY

Would appreciate any tip.
"
Pawuloniarz wrote:
But I've huge problems with bosses - by bosses I mean shaper guardians. It just takes too long to kill them, my mana is drained and then I can't do anything. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. On your videos, bosses are just being melted and now I'm sitting here and it takes ages to kill them.

I can't view your PoB sry, but from the looks of it you tried to replicate my setup that was mostly meant to faceroll maps and do deep delves.

Original OP build is, however, geared towards bosses. He stacks alot of minion life for Skeletons on his gear and uses Amulet for Chaos leech. That is the main difference.

Skeleton life we can gain using Elegant Hubris with 80% 160% or 240% minion HP. It takes time to find one, but it pays off in the big way. And then you need nothing on the gear or skill tree.

Chaos leech is harder to get. I used boot enchant + Vaal Portal for Guardians. But it's easier to just swap to Gloomfang for your bossing.

Spoiler

Mana is not an issue ever - just use a flask. You can supplement it with a ring affix but it's not required if your fight is less than 30 seconds long or you have ways to generate more flask charges.

Spoiler

If you feel like bosses are killing your Skeletons before you do it manually, use the helm setup:

Spoiler

Hope it helps!
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Yo! I'm a fairly new PoE player and I've been messing with the op's build as my first build as an occultist. Getting through the campaign was done pretty easily, and I have finally started doing lower tier maps without much trouble. Right now I'm in a situation where I seem to have somewhat stagnated in terms of gear acquisition and build progression.

At this point I think maybe acquiring a gloomfang may be a good start, as survivability has been a problem on harder maps, and since I seem to have enough chaos I figured that the life leech would help me be more tanky. I'm also unsure about how to raise my DP dps above where I'm sitting at around 10k, but I figured a lot of that will come from getting my hands on a 4 or a 5 link body.

I guess my main concern currently is how viable my char will even be right now for a novice player without enough currency to get key pieces of gear and skill gems to challenge harder content. Also not even really sure if this build just ain't suitable for someone without a lot of game knowledge.

Even though I seem to have hit an obstacle, the barebones of the build have been really fun to play the game with up to this point as a new player. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My Current gear:
Spoiler

I pretty much have NO idea what I'm doing.
Hi It s been a new and fun experience playing this build but I have problem with survivability. Like in maps mobs just stun me once and then I am dead after I summon my skellies . I am new to this play style so any tips?

And im considering this build as my next league starter. any veteran can give me some of experience how effective it is (story to mapping)?

Thanks again for the build!!!

Edit :nvm I didn't use brine king as pantheon that's why I got stun locked.
Last edited by awawawawa on Nov 3, 2019, 2:37:21 PM
can any1 point out why my dps is so so? it s hard for me to kill 4 guardians.

thanks !!!
"
awawawawa wrote:

thanks !!!

Skeletons not level 21, minion life not level 20, neither are full quant, dark pact isn't level 21, and it doesn't have quality 20 so you need to quality like all your gems or buy some that are quality, empower level 1 not level 3 or 4?

Edit- Make sure the guardian mods aren't trash, also with this build when I played it, it was a kill or be killed thing. Either you kill the guardians in like 3 seconds, or they kill you in 4
Last edited by TheRebirthed on Nov 5, 2019, 2:06:08 PM
"

In addition to what TheRebirthed already said:

-no +3 to minion gems on helmet
-no % minion life on gloves, belt, jewels
-no cast speed bonus on jewels
-no diamond flask which provides the highest dps bonus
-no Vaal RF
-no % inc dmg for non-vaal skills on boots

Also ensure if you are using the proper tree variant labeled precisely for a Void Batteries.

Cybervagabond, you need to gradually upgrade your gear. Just enjoy your time and don't mind spending your currency for new items. For less than 10c you can easily buy two wands way better than your current ones. Buy yourself a helmet with +2 to minion gems and put skeletons there along with Empower lvl 3. Buy a Gloomfang not only for leech but also +1 chain which is a huge dps bonus.

"
I guess my main concern currently is how viable my char will even be right now for a novice player without enough currency to get key pieces of gear and skill gems to challenge harder content. Also not even really sure if this build just ain't suitable for someone without a lot of game knowledge.

You may be right. As a fairly experienced player I kinda forgot the feeling of not understanding variety of the game aspects and mechanics. One of the most important things when I've been making this guide was an accessibility for a less experienced players to follow my build. And it partly worked, I've designed a build which is able to do the whole endgame content within a few exalts invested to it and without need of any inaccessible items, but from a new player perspective earning even like 3 exatls and buying proper gear may be a difficult and incomprehensible process. Also my build requires very active gameplay to get the most benefit from it when we compare it to let's say a Cyclone.
Thanks for the tips. I didn't realize how much minion hp scales with the dp damage. I didn't use the void battery passive tree (still lv 80ish also lol).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info