[3.16 updated] BRO, DO YOU EVEN SUMMON? Life/ES Dark Pact Skeleton Caster League Starter

"
Hey, I'm trying to follow your necro build. If you got any update after release please let me know.

Just follow as it is, no more changes so far. As a first Ascendancy choice pick Mistress of Sacrifice and use Flesh Offering for movement and cast speed bonus.

Yesterday I've killed A10 Kitava and it was my smoothest kill up to date. Haven't run maps yet but Bone Barrier as my third Ascendancy pick is gonna help me with gearing a lot (+30 res).

Dark Pact in a 4 link and so far I haven't invested neither into life nor mana leech. Gloomfang is 1.5ex so I'm gonna wait a bit with a purchase. If I needed better mana sustain at some point I'm gonna invest into oiling my amulet with 2x Sepia Oil and Violet Oil for Alligned Spirits. I haven't tested new clarity yet.

I also haven't tested a Convoking Wand yet.
Thanks for the build! I remember the glorious reign of the DP berserker and now I can DP again. :D

The last few pages of this thread have been discussing this, but now a few days into league is there any consensus on which is better occultist or necro?

From the discussion I'm getting that necro is higher DPS but occultist has profane bloom and an easier way to be duel curse.

I've run a few maps and one temple and now I can say Occultist is better. Numbers aside, it's just easier and smoother to play with. With necro there is too many different skills to press (basically everything Occultist has + offering + Desecrate + Bone Armour). Profane Bloom is godlike for any tougher encounters like the current league mechanic. Also Necto struggles for sockets more.

Also Void Battery Occultist built around power charges has higher dps than both Occultist or Necro with rare wands. Building Necro around power charges won't be as effective as Occultist.

EDIT: And clicikng on anything when you have an offering equipped is so tough that it deserves a place in hell.
Last edited by brant09081992 on Sep 8, 2019, 7:58:05 PM
with the buffs to Poet's Pen, can this build be made with them?
"

with the buffs to Poet's Pen, can this build be made with them?

I'm not into Poet's Pen builds but I think the answer is yes. At least for mapping because I'm not sure if it could be strong enough for the current league mechanic. I remember Mathil making Poets't Pen Dark Pact char a few leagues ago back when PP was meta and his build was incomparably weaker than mine.
"
brant09081992 wrote:
"
Hey, I'm trying to follow your necro build. If you got any update after release please let me know.

Just follow as it is, no more changes so far. As a first Ascendancy choice pick Mistress of Sacrifice and use Flesh Offering for movement and cast speed bonus.

Yesterday I've killed A10 Kitava and it was my smoothest kill up to date. Haven't run maps yet but Bone Barrier as my third Ascendancy pick is gonna help me with gearing a lot (+30 res).

Dark Pact in a 4 link and so far I haven't invested neither into life nor mana leech. Gloomfang is 1.5ex so I'm gonna wait a bit with a purchase. If I needed better mana sustain at some point I'm gonna invest into oiling my amulet with 2x Sepia Oil and Violet Oil for Alligned Spirits. I haven't tested new clarity yet.

I also haven't tested a Convoking Wand yet.

Hey Thanks reply.

I also beat A10 kitava without a problem even I had really bad luck finding a good loot in SSF. Ofc My DP is still 4 Link.

Right now I'm aiming to get helm with +2 minion skill +minion life mod though It seems really hard to find/craft one in SSF ://
Last edited by riot42lol on Sep 9, 2019, 9:26:20 AM
3 skeletons per cast are amazing! After 38lvl Cyclon + CWC + Summon Skeleton + Dark Pact rolls over all smoothest, I just need some crit chance o try HoI for better clearing.
How this build doing with blight maps?
"

How this build doing with blight maps?

So far I've run 3 or 4 and failed all of them but not because of this build not being able to run them. I failed those because of buggs (some monster portals spawned just right next to the Purification Pump, minimap not showing waves which were too far from the location I was being at) and my mistakes (I focused too much at one side and let the monsters from the other side reach the pump).

I'm waiting for another drop and then I will post a video of how this build does.

BTW I was wrong about Necro being bad. It's really strong it just needs a quite different setup than the Occultist.
"
brant09081992 wrote:

BTW I was wrong about Necro being bad. It's really strong it just needs a quite different setup than the Occultist.

In this case could you please update necro setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info