Developer Interview - Natanel - Visual Effects Artist

So how is it working on a team that still has DOZENS of skills without a SINGLE alternate skill effect? And giving some skills like Scorching Ray (Arc, Bladefall, Ice Nova, etc.) a barely-different effect?

The effects team is one of the laziest at GGG.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
Now I know who to thank for the 30 fps.
Cool. Still waiting Kinetic Blast alt effect :)
"
Supalis wrote:
Now I know who to thank for the 30 fps.

This.

Why would GGG advertise people that make overcomplicated visual effects that hog the aging engine is puzzling.

Im getting flashbacks of Chris Haga shouting AWESOME looking like a fool...
cool!
(Steam)MickeyDankMouse
(PSN)MickeyDankMouse
(Xbox)MickeyDankMouse
-MickeyDankMouse-
Nice :)
"
widardd wrote:
Tell us why fiery effects wreck AMD GPUs.
Well if you know what to do it doesnt :) Just read a bit of Reddit they solved this problem atleast for me. I just had to remove content of 2 folders and now i dont have fps drops in my HO also it fixed that huge frame drops during maping when you meet Harbringer.
Please increase they pay of who ever designed the act nine sand tornado boss fight. Best in the game. Also please give use a skill that uses the same effects <3
These are always cool to read. Cheers to GGG and the team members that put in the effort to make these possible.
IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
It was you who created the Gore Herald (Ice) effect... my hero. <3
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info