Developer Interview - Natanel - Visual Effects Artist

Dunno if Nat's reading posts here (can we call you Nat btw?), but if so, I'd be curious if there's a particular thing they enjoy creating? e.g. Gore effects, Lightning animations, watery stuff like we had with The Brine King... something fairly ubiquitous they find fun to work on.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Achilion wrote:

Thanks Natanel for the insights :) always interesting to read stuff like that.

edit 2: that skill looks like we going Rocky Balboa mode in 3.1 ^^ and tornado perhaps druid from d2 :)?

edit 3: Can we get confirmation that new Stash Tab in 3.1 is Map Stash Tab ^^?

That tornado is from Act 9. :)

Thats really cool guys!
Nice read :)

Any chance of having attack range visuals apply to certain AOE skills like Cyclone?
Was a really nice read. Always awesome to see someone have a job they genuinely enjoy and are passionate about. And we all get the results! :D
That's not a new skill that is some variant of static strike used by blackguard acrhmages already in game...

The whirlwind i'm sure is already present in the Garukan fight and stormblade quest...
Balance is an illusion, exile.
"
Achilion wrote:

Thanks Natanel for the insights :) always interesting to read stuff like that.

edit 2: that skill looks like we going Rocky Balboa mode in 3.1 ^^ and tornado perhaps druid from d2 :)?

edit 3: Can we get confirmation that new Stash Tab in 3.1 is Map Stash Tab ^^?

I hope that tornado is a new skill as well. Would be great.
So you are the reason why I don't have any money cause MTX life haha GG!

New unarmed melee skill.

Charged fist.

Converts 50% of melee physical damage to lightning damage.
Lightning bolts hit 3 more random enemies around the main target.
15% chance to shock.

Attack speed lowers the wind up

(caveat, i don't think this is true but i like this animation)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 7, 2017, 10:03:38 PM
Hail gore herald.
Nice read.

Feedback however: Please tone down effects such that I can play in parties again.

Or give us a particle / VFX slider.

Or both.

Sometimes, less is more.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info