[HC] Shadow Fire Trap In-Depth Guide: By Righteous Fire

damn leveld so fast with this guide
ill do double totems and let u know how it is
What would you change for a softcore build?
Last edited by xqflint on Jul 18, 2013, 6:56:42 PM
Sorry but a bump for an older thread that is now even more relevant due to the more recent patch
STEAM: richfields
POE IGN: Siennamonster

Just ripped on my super tanky STer I made for Invasion. Turns out its only super tanky when Im actively paying attention...Its easy to become overconfident on Invasion, only for some stupidly insane dual uniques come destroy you before you can log out.

Going to give this a try tonight as I haven't made a trapper before and this build looks solid. Ill probably try invest a point or two in extra traps just because I've never played a trapper before - will see how I go running 3 traps first.
Last edited by o2xygen02 on Mar 12, 2014, 1:20:42 AM
saboteur and other + trap passives only let you lay extra traps on the ground, not queue up more than 3 :(
" Can you use multiple Fire Traps on your active skill bar?

Yes, also with Bear Traps. You can only have 3 traps active on the ground but you can have more than 3 traps in reserve if you have more than one Fire Trap or Bear Trap equipped."

doesn't work

3 beartrap skillgems will share the same cooldown/stocknumber

from the Poe wiki:

"If you have 2 fire trap gems and lay 3 fire traps, BOTH fire trap gems will be in a shared cooldown so you won't be able to use the second gem while the first one is in a cooldown. "
I swapped some points around from your original tree, gaining an additional trap while picking up elemental adaption, and reduced mana reserved. Dropped some extra STR nodes. Let me know what you think.

Spoiler
http://poebuilder.com/#character/AAAAAgYABAcEswVbDH0OSA-rEH8RlhHbEmkUTRVQFr8XHBmFGmwc3B8CJDwkqiaVJ6kpTy0fLUc2xTbYNuk4Gz1fRtdJUUyzTdhQQlJTVUtabV3GYG1h4mKsbRltbG17cLtxeX_GgW-CHoKbgziHZYfbiBuLjIw2jHaXlZwtnYCdqp2unjyiAKKjpLGnCKdctDi1BLVIt3W4k8Hzxp7VT9ad2CTbC93z3nfhc-Nq44TkIuUZ5Y7ndOxV7SDuFe9874Xz3fv1

First time playing a trap build, so be gentle haha.
gonna try this out. wish me luck.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
"
Quantemoq wrote:
" Can you use multiple Fire Traps on your active skill bar?

Yes, also with Bear Traps. You can only have 3 traps active on the ground but you can have more than 3 traps in reserve if you have more than one Fire Trap or Bear Trap equipped."

doesn't work

3 beartrap skillgems will share the same cooldown/stocknumber

from the Poe wiki:

"If you have 2 fire trap gems and lay 3 fire traps, BOTH fire trap gems will be in a shared cooldown so you won't be able to use the second gem while the first one is in a cooldown. "

This was changed after the OP made this guide. Its not updated I think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info