0.9.6f Patch Notes

good work
but i think its will kick other players,who dont use cheat.
"
lamak wrote:
good work
but i think its will kick other players,who dont use cheat.
If it does, that's what beta is for.

On the other hand, presumably this will mitigate future invite floods of death.
"
Chris wrote:

They're not necessarily cheating - they're just doing too many requests and we can't sustain that for long (as it uses a lot of resources). As I said, we don't expect that legitimate players will be affected, but people who are kicked aren't necessarily doing anything bannable.

An example is if you get a big lag spike and certain actions arrive all at once. They might be the type of actions that now cause a disconnection.

Isn't part of this potentially caused by heavy server load? Meaning that users could possibly get kicked in the middle of playing because of poor or heavy load balancing issues?

I've been booted from the middle of a game a few times over the past weeks, which I assumed was caused by server issues and/or lag - as I've noticed a lot more lag with 0.9.6+ than in the past few months. (Not sure if it's due to code changes or server load increases)

Anyway, since the lag & load have both been increasing lately, doesn't kicking users seem a bit heavy handed? This seems more like a brute stopgap rather than tackling the underlying problem.

Now if they're cheating or use bot's, then no problem. :-) Blast away!
Any ETA on 0.9.7?
Dunno if its because of rate limiting but Im getting massive disconnect issues since the last patch. Prior to that had never DC'd once.

They only really happen on my Ranger as well who has high attack speed, uses multishot and runs very fast. I have a feeling this new disconnect thing is the culprit.

Had a mare today, got DC'd over 6 times in about 1 hour. Closing the client and logging back in fixed it instantly... so it seems fishy to me
The new disconnection code is only for actions that involve our backend infrastructure (such as inviting other players, sending global messages, etc). It won't affect normal gameplay. We can see when it happens and so far it has been okay.

The disconnections people are experiencing are a separate server issue that we're still working on.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
The new disconnection code is only for actions that involve our backend infrastructure (such as inviting other players, sending global messages, etc). It won't affect normal gameplay. We can see when it happens and so far it has been okay.

The disconnections people are experiencing are a separate server issue that we're still working on.

Is there a time frame in where you expect a fix on this? Because at the moment I can't even connect anymore.
"
Nijntje wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

Is there a time frame in where you expect a fix on this? Because at the moment I can't even connect anymore.

We're deploying some changes today, but I don't know if they affect the type of issue that you're having. We will get to the bottom of any issues though!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
how to update , sorry for bad english , i am from serbia !
"
hollowman wrote:
how to update , sorry for bad english , i am from serbia !

It will update automatically when you log in. There was no client update today (it was just a server change).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info