So, when the Fall of Oriath Open Beta will end?

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It was given to us to play before it was finished

I believe the word for that is "rushed".
- here's my sig
No... the word for what is going on here is "perfectionism". Seriously... what "problem" do you suggest indicated that 3.0 was rushed?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No... the word for what is going on here is "perfectionism". Seriously... what "problem" do you suggest indicated that 3.0 was rushed?

I find unnecessary going on with this debate about the meaning of the word "rushed".

For me and others rushed is something released unfinished and/or not polished (and 3.0 is both in my opinion), for you it is something different... fine.

We all agree that they still need to work on it.

Last edited by FrancescoV on Oct 18, 2017, 9:30:23 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
It was not "rushed"... It was about 6 months late. You'll have to come up with a better word than "rushed" to cover their asses. Perhaps "overly ambitious".

Did they have time to put everything they wanted into 3.0 before they felt like they had to release it? Obviously not. Then it's rushed; they "had" to rush it out before it was finished.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
No one has bothered to provide an example of a problem. I guess it might not be possible.

I submit this is simply people saying the only thing they would accept is perfection. Those people are never going to be satisfied. Do I miss having voice for the characters? Sure. But it's not game breaking. Do I think they could have added a quest for that last +1 charge? Sure I do. Wish they did. But it's not game breaking.

They produced a new structure to the game and launched it. It was six months late. We had a filler league that was extended into the longest league yet. I enjoyed the league... I don't use "filler" in a negative sense.

But I can't call what they've made "rushed".
3.0, trying to find sarn arena high level entrance door...

WTF WHERE IS PVP FOR 60+??? DID THEY KILL PVP? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

--->discover the HLD pvp is only possible by talking to leo.

GGG WHY?????????? WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
No one has bothered to provide an example of a problem. I guess it might not be possible.

I submit this is simply people saying the only thing they would accept is perfection. Those people are never going to be satisfied. Do I miss having voice for the characters? Sure. But it's not game breaking. Do I think they could have added a quest for that last +1 charge? Sure I do. Wish they did. But it's not game breaking.

They produced a new structure to the game and launched it. It was six months late. We had a filler league that was extended into the longest league yet. I enjoyed the league... I don't use "filler" in a negative sense.

But I can't call what they've made "rushed".

I´m sry but I have to disagree.

Being a game dev myself (working as a producer) I know what rushed content looks like.
Doesnt mean its unplayable, but the new content is lacking polishing big time. We are talking 3 months polishing efforts easily.

No company would have released content like this in a situation like this, if there wasnt the need/pressure to release. I´m referring to the huge hype the built up prior to launch and the expectations they rose alongside. Phrases like "The final solution for the ARPG genre" or something close to that, comes to mind.

Yes that´s just PR stuff, we all know that.
But if you get PR coverage like this (this is THE dream scenario) and you cannot deliver a well rounded product that is supposed to fulfill the devs team dream from day 1 after a 5 months delay (this is THE nightmare scenario) - you are in trouble. Get ready for some serious backlash.

I wouldnt call it "open beta" though. Thats overkill.
But the statement GGG rushed the new content is 100% true.
Its visible, GGG for sure knows better than any of us what needs to be fixed and I hope (quite frankly expect) they´ll do a lot better for 3.1
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
3.0 beta in done since august (and was not open)......

we are now playing the 3.0 official version and 3.1 (next patch/expansion) will be in december.

have fun

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<whooooooooooooooooosh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> straight over your head.

I actually lol'd at OPs post though, well played.
Seeing as they just released new music for act six it won't be long now.

Theres 4 acts left.
Then they'll add dialogue for the new acts.
Then they'll fix the ferns again cuz they fucked up twice already.
After that they'll fix the bugs they mention in the last line of each patch that are reminded as a whole cause they aren't fixed yet (even though they "are").

Not long. Prolly 2 years. At most.
The beta never ends in this game, but we get a game in constant development with developers that are relatively responsive (no matter how much people pretend otherwise).

Personally I loved the expansion but if you were here for the endgame the only thing it has to offer is pantheon progress. I'm waiting for the quests, voicework and bosses that were omitted, and maybe a Prophecy rework.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info