[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

"
DisturbedDuck wrote:
Hello, seems like rly fun build. Im interested in trying it out. How's the defence of the build? Seems like its not totally glasscannon. How about viability without acuity? Also if you got path of building pastebin would be nice!

PoB for latest iteration of my old character: https://pastebin.com/0MbexJ8K

Definitely viable without instant life leech but instant mana leech is very helpful. New tree has 200% inc life at lvl 90 so it can easily be pushed over 6k with the right items. Blasphemy enfeeble plus cold damage plus all the dodge from acrobatics and darkray vectors makes the character pretty "tanky". I never die in maps except for random oneshots like strongbox ice nova and volatile.
With the changes to Vaal Pact I needed a new cyclone build and i happened to have legacy acuity gloves in my stash, I tried out your build, i love it for mapping, i need to work on my boss setup but Its fast and strong. I just need to work on my life pool. Thanks for posting your build!
My account for the forums is completely different from my actual playing account (Steam Issues) so I can't even link anything, but I've read everything you've posted, Euploid. Everything seems absolutely fantastic, and I've been using the build for my league starter. So far, I'm closing in on 55 while playing relatively casually (adjusting to a new job! ><)

With the Darkray Vectors, since it decreases the actual duration of frenzy charges, I wanted to ask how that would specifically work, and what the duration gets dropped to at end game. Objectively, I can see that since you gain a lot more than you lose, the boots are completely worth it x), but sometimes, I like having it spelled out.

All in all, this guide has been one of the best I've seen in the past year! I hope you keep 'em coming!

Kind Regards!
"
Acialia wrote:
My account for the forums is completely different from my actual playing account (Steam Issues) so I can't even link anything, but I've read everything you've posted, Euploid. Everything seems absolutely fantastic, and I've been using the build for my league starter. So far, I'm closing in on 55 while playing relatively casually (adjusting to a new job! ><)

With the Darkray Vectors, since it decreases the actual duration of frenzy charges, I wanted to ask how that would specifically work, and what the duration gets dropped to at end game. Objectively, I can see that since you gain a lot more than you lose, the boots are completely worth it x), but sometimes, I like having it spelled out.

All in all, this guide has been one of the best I've seen in the past year! I hope you keep 'em coming!

Kind Regards!

Thank you for the kind words :)

The base duration for any charge is 10s which would go down to 6s with Darkray Vectors if you had no increased charge duration passives. With the raider ascendancy nodes and the nodes that path to additional charges we gain 72% increased duration from tree so it ends up being 32% increased duration with the 40% reduced from vectors taken into account.

That works out to 13.2s duration, which in-game appears to be rounded up to 14 on the buff bar. Power charges remain at the standard 10s.

13.2s is usually more than enough to travel to the next pack of monsters but sometimes they drop if you stop to loot. There is significant windup for this build with gaining charges, especially in single-target encounters, but for mapping it hasn't been an issue for me.

For longer single target encounters where the boss becomes immune to damage but is still "targetable" (e.g. Atziri's trash mob add phase) you can still maintain charges just by hitting it even if you do no damage.
Last edited by Euploid on Dec 13, 2017, 12:57:55 AM
hey man, after your 6h skillpoint, finesse, u went right for dual wielding, aspect of the panther. did u make a mistake?

shouldnt it be precise interception, the path below?
"
zennex1337 wrote:
hey man, after your 6h skillpoint, finesse, u went right for dual wielding, aspect of the panther. did u make a mistake?

shouldnt it be precise interception, the path below?

Which passive tree are you referring to? I just double-checked and (I think) none of the trees include either of those. After Finesse I path to Primeval Force, Druidic rite and Heart of Oak.
Notes on Abyss Jewels

There are four subtypes of abyss jewels, each with their own "class" of affixes:

• Murderous Eye jewels have melee-focused affixes
  • Searching Eye jewels have ranged attack-focused affixes
  • Hypnotic Eye jewels have spell-focused affixes
  • Ghastly Eye jewels have minion-focused affixes

Unlike regular jewels, Abyss jewels have some tiered affixes. For example, all types can roll flat life, which has the following tiers:

"
iLvl 1: 25-30 (Hale)
iLvl 35: 31-35 (Healthy)
iLvl 74: 36-45 (Sanguine)
iLvl 82: 46-50 (Stalwart)

They can also roll many of the same affixes that regular jewels have, like str/int/dex, resists, attack speed, multi etc. These rolls are all generic (there is nothing like %increased attack speed while holding a shield) and have just one tier, which is usually the same tier as can be found on normal jewels.

All of the types should be able to roll only generic mods, in which case they could then be used for any build, but the jewels that are most likely to be useful for this build are Murderous and Searching.

Murderous Eye jewels, the melee-focused type, have the largest pool of prefixes of any of the subtypes, which is a bit unfortunate. You can check out the possible rolls here.

Mods that benefit this build include, but are not limited to:
  • Generic flat ele damage to attacks
  • Flat ele damage to sword attacks
  • Maximum life
  • Attack speed
  • Multi
  • Damage if you've killed recently
  • Chance to gain onslaught on kill (not if you're using a silver flask obviously)
  • Attack speed if you've dealt a critical strike recently
  • Life regeneration per second while moving
  • Multi if you've killed recently
  • Chance to blind enemies on hit with attacks
  • Resists
  • Damage against Abyssal Monsters
do you recommend warloard reach jewel ?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
do you recommend warloard reach jewel ?

There is a note on it in the main text already. "Warlord's Reach is nice for cyclone since it gives you more range. I don't use it because I need all my jewels to have resists, but if you can fit it into your own build it's worth trying out."

I don't use it and I probably wouldn't use it if I was remaking the character. +1 range isn't enough to sacrifice a socket for, especially with abyss jewels available. It's not terrible, good to use while gearing, but it's not very good either.
It looks like Shaped helms with supported by level 18 Inc Aoe + lvl 18 Hypothermia aren't too uncommon. Reckon you could get away with running cyclone in that and equipping kaom's heart?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info