[3.2] Elemental Crit Cyclone Raider - Fast, fun, deadly! - Ready for Bestiary league

Question. Would a pathfinder work for this build??
"
Dangot wrote:
Im new to PoE (Around 200 hours) and this is my 3rd build into this league. For some reason, I feel like my damage is low and I die way too quickly. As with all other builds i've tried, getting over 5k hp seems like a impossible task unless I lose tons of dps which I don't want to happen. Could someone tell me how could I improve my build. I've managed to do some T10s with this build, but i've died doing so which is why i've stayed with lower tier map. I've also tried to upgrade to opal rings but my resists would go too low doing so, which makes me stuck with my current rings. I didn't know enlighten is mandatory with enpower so now my links are fucked. I use abyss jewels on passive tree because I feel like they give way more dps with the tradeoff of losing like 20 hp. My jewellery could definitely be upgraded, but I can't balance out the resists.
Im always willing to improve so if there's some other mistakes im making but not relevant to the build i'd love to hear. Even though I really like the game it gets frustrating when you upgrade your gear but you don't earn the currency spent on it.

here's my PoB https://pastebin.com/qLWi3YUm

Okay, I can see that you're frustrated with your progress (or lack thereof) but you're on the right track. You've made a few mistakes but they can be fixed. I'll go through some of the problems apparent to me and suggest fixes where I can see them.
Firstly, many of your gem links don't make sense as I see you already know.

1. Empower, Enhance and Enlighten compose a special subclass of gems that have no effect at level 1 and have a maximum level of 3 instead of 20. They also need a lot more exp to be leveled up than normal gems do. Empower increases the level of linked active gems with a mana multiplier of 125% while Enlighten reduces mana reserved. This is why we combine them, for Enlighten to counteract the increased mana reservation of Empower.

Your gloves are corrupted with +1 to socketed gems, which is great, but you have 2R1B sockets so you can't use Wrath-Empower-Enlighten. Instead for a simple fix I suggest you replace Wrath with Anger and put an Enlighten in the blue socket. I also suggest you buy a corrupted level 3 Empower and preferably a lvl 3 Enlighten as well. They're not very expensive and because leveling these gems takes so much exp, you'll be past lvl 90 before you get one of them to lvl 3 on your own.

If you switch to Anger you might not need Fertile Mind anymore so keep that in mind as well.

2. Curse on Hit-Assassin's Mark needs to be linked to Herald of Ice in order to activate properly. You have it linked to Ancestral Protector right now so the only way for you to gain Power Charges is to summon the totem, wait for it to apply the curse and then kill the affected enemies. The intended function of CoH-AM-HoI is that each time you shatter an enemy, the HoI explosion will hit any surrounding enemies, cursing them with AM.

The HoI group can be a 3-link with CoH-AM or a 4-link with any 4th gem like onslaught.

3. If you're using CWDT at all, you should be using Immortal Call with it. Inc aoe/conc can be stored in your inventory or weapon swap, there's no need to keep a swap gem in your active links.

4. You've acquired Darkray Vectors with the right corruption but they are unlinked and only have 3 sockets. This can be altered with Vorici 8 but is not cheap to do.
"
At level 8, Vorici's crafts can also be applied to corrupted items. This is currently the only way a corrupted item can be modified. Crafting a corrupted item with Vorici costs an additional Vaal Orb per unit of currency in the regular cost (e.g. 6-linking costs 1500 Vaal Orbs in addition to the 1500 Orbs of Fusing).

If you need the sockets you can cheaply acquire an uncorrupted pair of Darkray Vectors to use for now and then once you have enough currency to get the Vaal orbs required you can link and recolour the corrupted pair you have - or you can try to resell the pair you have and buy a pair with the correct colours/links.

As for your gear, much of it is decent enough for where you're at. Amulet is fine for now, you already have Lycosidae, rings are okay but Life rolls are quite low, belt is quite good, gloves have a nice corruption as already discussed, boots are a bit problematic for now but have the right corruption.

1. Your foil can easily be upgraded. I found the foil used in this PoB comparison for 25c in Abyss.

It's the same thing I always say in these gear checks, suffixes are the most important stats by far. Attack speed and crit chance outweigh flat ele rolls heavily where your weapon is concerned.

2. Vessel of Vinktar has 4 different versions. You're using the Conversion Vinktar, which doesn't really do much of anything for you because you have no physical damage to convert. You would be better off with a quicksilver in that slot.

3. Currently you have no enlighten linked to your main offensive aura so your mana pool is tiny with the Empower active, but once you fix that you shouldn't need a mana flask. Replace it with a Silver, Stibnite or Wise Oak (if you go with Wise Oak you need to balance one or two resists for it to operate correctly). If you run out of mana in a map, use your movement skill to trigger mana leech - this is another reason why Shield charge is imo better than WB, it's much easier to hit something with Shield charge and trigger mana leech.

4. Quality on flasks is important and not very expensive. You should be using your utility flasks all the time while mapping, so any increased duration is very strong. This is also why Druidic Rite is in the suggested lvl 90 tree, because flasks are an important source of survivability and damage.

Lastly, just some general tips.

1. Each character level grants +12 life along with +1 passive node. If you just keep leveling with the exact same gear you currently have, you'll have 5.2k or more life at lvl 90.

2. I get the feeling that you are a bit impatient regarding upgrades and character level. Opal rings, for example, are always going to be very expensive. It will always be hard to balance resists when you get to that stage, which again is why the good ones are expensive. Just keep in mind that two-stone rings with high EDWA rolls are better than Opal rings with no EDWA roll; this is also why I state in the guide that the base doesn't matter much if you're just getting the character to operate correctly. Opals are an endgame damage-squeezing type of upgrade, they're not fundamental to making the character work.

3. You're on the right track with your character, you just need to keep leveling and trying different things. Stibnite flasks for example are very strong if you are dying to bosses a lot. Fortify should be active at all times as well, even during boss fights you should be pausing cyclone casts to reapply the buff.

4. If you can't do higher tier maps right now, then just keep doing lower tiers until you are at a higher level and/or have better gear. That's how this game works and you shouldn't be trying to force it. This build works, it's the strongest melee build I've ever played myself and I'm not just saying that to promote myself or this thread or whatever. You just need to give it some time, levels and incremental gear upgrades.

5. Since you're using a 5-link chest for now you have an open green socket on your Bronn's. I recommend trying out Blood Rage in that socket. There is a strong synergistic effect with CWDT-Immortal Call and Soul of Arakaali's first secondary benefit: "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently". Blood rage's degen is physical, IC makes you immune to physical and triggers the 50% increased recovery, which then applies to leech, making you leech much faster.
"
invoker232 wrote:
Question. Would a pathfinder work for this build??

I think you should try reading the post before commenting.
Thanks a lot for the tips, I did WAY more mistakes with my build than I thought, but that's to be expected as it's my first league. I upgraded my gear as you told me, the foil was obvious upgrade, I didn't even realize how much more valuable crit and attack speed were although I read your guide. My dps definitely improved a bit and now T10's don't feel as challenging as before. If you're intrested, here's my PoB now: https://pastebin.com/nSe91h9W I still feel like I have way too high resists, which I don't have a solution to though I don't think it's too big of a deal. Are there any quality gems I should get? I didn't see any significant difference between normal and quality gems.
Spoiler
I guess it's my turn to get a gear check :)

Pob if you prefer : https://pastebin.com/iLxvYipH

Also for higher tiers got :

Got a pair of darkray with +1 frenzy on my stash also just don't have vorci 8 atm to link it well.

The only thing i'm not really sure about is the weapon just randomly crafted it after 1 zeal tho i did it with a shrieking one instead of a Deafening one.

Anyway ur build is really plesant to play and as expected also farm really quick shaped vaults.
The only thing is mana took some leech nodes but still sometimes feels cluncky, tho it might be solved when my enlighten will be lvl3 or 4 with some luck.

I'm sitting on 15ex atm so what would be the next upgrade ? Ty ;)
Last edited by florian59300 on Jan 18, 2018, 1:25:18 PM
"
Dangot wrote:
Thanks a lot for the tips, I did WAY more mistakes with my build than I thought, but that's to be expected as it's my first league. I upgraded my gear as you told me, the foil was obvious upgrade, I didn't even realize how much more valuable crit and attack speed were although I read your guide. My dps definitely improved a bit and now T10's don't feel as challenging as before. If you're intrested, here's my PoB now: https://pastebin.com/nSe91h9W I still feel like I have way too high resists, which I don't have a solution to though I don't think it's too big of a deal. Are there any quality gems I should get? I didn't see any significant difference between normal and quality gems.

Looking much better now, you might even want to buy a lvl 20 Anger just to skip leveling it since it's an important source of damage that scales well with levels. That's why we're using Empower with it after all.

Resists being too high is not a problem at all, the standard used to be that your resists should ideally be overcapped by 34% to counteract Elemental Weakness from maps and cursing mobs. Now you can be curse immune with flasks, so the new "standard" for characters that have high flask uptimes, like this build, is just 75% flat with a utility flask that has the "of warding" suffix. There's no downside to having too much resists though, it usually just means you will have more leeway with upgrading rares.

As for quality gems, Herald of Ice is the most important because it gets global %increased cold damage, meaning it affects the cold damage from your Ice Bite and any other sources as well as itself. Other than that, Fortify increases duration of the buff, Cyclone gets AoE and the rest are mostly marginal damage increases.
"
florian59300 wrote:

Spoiler

Got a pair of darkray with +1 frenzy on my stash also just don't have vorci 8 atm to link it well.

The only thing i'm not really sure about is the weapon just randomly crafted it after 1 zeal tho i did it with a shrieking one instead of a Deafening one.

Anyway ur build is really plesant to play and as expected also farm really quick shaped vaults.
The only thing is mana took some leech nodes but still sometimes feels cluncky, tho it might be solved when my enlighten will be lvl3 or 4 with some luck.

You have overall good shit so I'll start by pointing out minor inefficiencies before suggesting major upgrades.

1. That foil is solid, you'll probably have a hard time finding a decent upgrade for it, but you should reroll the crafted suffix. Just remove it and recraft until you get 27%.

2. Divine your Rat's Nest, you got bottom rarity roll and near bottom crit roll.

3. Bless your lycosidae to +20 life.

4. 20% quality on faster attacks linked to shield charge.

Minor-ish upgrades first: Jewels. Most of them are no more than okay, but the two worst ones are: Morbid Scratch and Ancient Iridescence. Both of those should be relatively easy to upgrade.

As for major upgrades, the things that stick out are belt and rings. The belt is quite good but it is probably the simplest slot for you to upgrade at the moment with how tight you're running your resists. I'm gonna quote myself on Elder Belts if you want to go ham:

"
Elder belts can get pretty insane so it's hard to say what exactly you should be looking for but a high natural EDWA is a given. %max life, Melee damage during flask effect, attack speed during flask effect, all res, life recovery rate (affects leech), all of those Elder mods are good.

The Eagle Whorl opal ring is kinda shit. I realise you need to use it because of resists but that's the next thing you should be looking at to upgrade, I think. Opal rings with good life rolls and stuff are very expensive though, but you could even look at two-stones or Diamonds with T1 EDWA. If you get T1 EDWA and a good flat ele roll on a non-opal base that would probably still be more damage than Eagle Whorl.

If you want to upgrade the second ring, Carrion Turn, as well, that ring is borderline Multimod worthy. It's T2 EDWA but bottom roll so if you divine it closer to 36 you could multimod and end up with something similar to this:

At this point you have all the key slots filled, so it's just a matter of incremental rare upgrades now. Keep a poe.trade live search window open with a strict search for good foils just in case, maybe do the same for Opals.
Hey, i started this league playing a ngamahu's flame cyclone build, with comk volatile dead. Whilst is was a decent build it was lacking something for me....the shatters!!

i found your guide, and stared it a few days ago, i'm just finishing the last quest as i write this, and will begin maps.

I have read all the posts and cant seem to find the answers, so i have a few questions.

- is a 2h weapon viable? and if so what would you recommend?
- do we need endurance charges from anywhere?
- is there any scope for a coc / comk setup?

many thanks, and have to say i am loving this build!
"
NesiahTM wrote:
Hey, i started this league playing a ngamahu's flame cyclone build, with comk volatile dead. Whilst is was a decent build it was lacking something for me....the shatters!!

i found your guide, and stared it a few days ago, i'm just finishing the last quest as i write this, and will begin maps.

I have read all the posts and cant seem to find the answers, so i have a few questions.

- is a 2h weapon viable? and if so what would you recommend?
- do we need endurance charges from anywhere?
- is there any scope for a coc / comk setup?

many thanks, and have to say i am loving this build!

1. No, not for this build. The weapon is just a way to output all the flat elemental damage you have on gear and gems, so you want a base type with as high APS as possible. 2h Swords have a maximum of 1.45 APS while foils have 1.6 and also more weapon range. If you're stacking flat ele damage and crit there is no good reason at all to use a 2h weapon over foil+lycosidae. The rapier you currently have is terrible, for the same reasons just stated.

2. No. You can use Enduring Cry if you want but there's no particular need for them.

3. Not really. You could try it if you want I guess but most of the damage scaling is for elemental damage with attack skills and flat ele to attacks, so any spell you try to add on would just not deal any damage compared to cyclone itself.
Spoiler
"
Euploid wrote:
"
florian59300 wrote:

Spoiler

You have overall good shit so I'll start by pointing out minor inefficiencies before suggesting major upgrades.

1. That foil is solid, you'll probably have a hard time finding a decent upgrade for it, but you should reroll the crafted suffix. Just remove it and recraft until you get 27%.

2. Divine your Rat's Nest, you got bottom rarity roll and near bottom crit roll.

3. Bless your lycosidae to +20 life.

4. 20% quality on faster attacks linked to shield charge.

Minor-ish upgrades first: Jewels. Most of them are no more than okay, but the two worst ones are: Morbid Scratch and Ancient Iridescence. Both of those should be relatively easy to upgrade.

As for major upgrades, the things that stick out are belt and rings. The belt is quite good but it is probably the simplest slot for you to upgrade at the moment with how tight you're running your resists. I'm gonna quote myself on Elder Belts if you want to go ham:

"
Elder belts can get pretty insane so it's hard to say what exactly you should be looking for but a high natural EDWA is a given. %max life, Melee damage during flask effect, attack speed during flask effect, all res, life recovery rate (affects leech), all of those Elder mods are good.

The Eagle Whorl opal ring is kinda shit. I realise you need to use it because of resists but that's the next thing you should be looking at to upgrade, I think. Opal rings with good life rolls and stuff are very expensive though, but you could even look at two-stones or Diamonds with T1 EDWA. If you get T1 EDWA and a good flat ele roll on a non-opal base that would probably still be more damage than Eagle Whorl.

If you want to upgrade the second ring, Carrion Turn, as well, that ring is borderline Multimod worthy. It's T2 EDWA but bottom roll so if you divine it closer to 36 you could multimod and end up with something similar to this:

At this point you have all the key slots filled, so it's just a matter of incremental rare upgrades now. Keep a poe.trade live search window open with a strict search for good foils just in case, maybe do the same for Opals.

Thank's for the tips did pretty much everything except for the belt and ring didn't put time to search better ones

Also snipped this for 15c
got 20k dps boost according to pob

Also clipped t16 Amanamu died once at the beginning with mf gear, i wasn't expecting so much dmg from the blades on the floor. Swapped for "normal" gear and destroyed him :
https://plays.tv/s/La1wYNoRZMqQ

and t14 ulaman with mf gear just a straight up forward fight cyclone gg he's dead : https://plays.tv/s/La1wVDX6FnTJ
Last edited by florian59300 on Jan 18, 2018, 7:16:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info