Desecrate

Did I detect a whine from Chris in the tone of this post? I think so!
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
Community feedback has shown us that players found the prior behaviour very important, so we are explicitly changing

GGG in a nutshell.

Can't remember the Lead Dev of Diablo III saying "we got X feedback so we're doing Y."

I won't lie and say I think this was handled perfectly - the initial change was devastating to QoL and should've been seen as akin to a nerf and thus delayed until the end of the challenge league.

But, that said, it was just a tad over 24 hours after that initial change when we had the lead developer saying the feedback had been heard, how it would be acted upon, and on a Friday afternoon telling the community to expect it to happen "early next week."

I agree. Whatever the changes: listening to reasons from players and acting on them in this way: that can't be taken for granted!
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
This is a great change if it works like advertised, allowing us to summon the Spectres we need wherever we like. Also, thank you for the extremely prompt response, although it looks like someone needs to tell Reddit about this as they are still in the process of throwing their toys out the pram.

Great though these changes are they however highlight the fact Desecrate is used to solve a core problem with Spectres, in that they are capped to the level of the area you summon them in.

With Spectres being easier to maintain than ever before with these changes it begs the question of why Spectres aren't just tied to your character's level and save players the trouble of having to summon them multiple times (once in the area they occur naturally and again each time you reach a higher level map.)

Are there specific balance reasons for this I am missing? At the moment it seems like a minor inconvenience for no real gain, especially since its already fairly inconvenient to remember (or the check the wiki for) the location a specific monster spawns in and desecrate until it spawns.

With these changes, it just seems more and more like Spectres as a mechanic needs some additional attention with regards to quality of life.

This specific issue is a good example but there are others including Spectres disappearing if you remove the gem/gear it is socketed in or whenever you enchant something or whenever you remove a different piece of gear that causes you not to meet the requirements anymore etc.

No other build in the game needs to deal with their weapon disappearing each time they chose to adjust some gear, why should Spectre builds?

Just my opinion.
Last edited by Drazn on Oct 14, 2017, 12:58:42 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Community feedback has shown us that players found the prior behaviour very important, so we are explicitly changing

The Desecrate "bug" was crucial. Thank you for reverting the change. A long-term problem it would have created is to turn Spectre summoners into secondary characters. The moment you lose a high-level Spectre, your character essentially dies, as you cannot play them optimally until you magically find that Spectre again somewhere. With how RNG is, that could take days of mapping on other characters.
Last edited by Hercanic on Oct 14, 2017, 4:47:35 PM
Wow, GGG listening to its player base. Now I've seen it all.

This is just more proof that noone in GGG actually plays their own game. If they did they would have known that the "bug" is how every summoner got his spectres. It wasn't a secret.

Anyway it's good that they listened and are reversing their nerf. Finally some QoL for summoners.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Thank you to hear our voice for the game!
"
Wow, GGG listening to its player base. Now I've seen it all.

This is just more proof that noone in GGG actually plays their own game. If they did they would have known that the "bug" is how every summoner got his spectres. It wasn't a secret.

Anyway it's good that they listened and are reversing their nerf. Finally some QoL for summoners.

Harsh but true.

I suggest that GGG hire some hardcorish players as consultants (that would decidedly not be me, btw). They could find them easily enough via game stats and make an offer directly via pm.

Though unconventional, such a hiring method might grant them access to knowledge they heretofore have apparently (sorry GGG, but it's true) not had access to.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Exciting news ! Nice reactivity from GGG !
I died this week end .... didn't kill fast enough bosses with my "shitty low level" spectres ...

So i'm done with this league :(
Have fun guys !

Thanks to everyone at GGG who contributed to recognizing, appreciating, advocating, directing & executing solution on this issue.

It goes to show that there is no problem or oversight that need be feared or lead to despair, so long as there is a thoughtful, compassionate, and committed corps of humans willing to engage and respond.

This is the greatest magic of our existence, and it is reflected in this magical playland we call PoE.

In Short: SCHWEET!!!
Good job with listening to customer feedback and making a solution that makes everyone happy. I love this change. You guys rock

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info