I nearly raged on a microwave.

I recently bought a new microwave. And on this particular model, you didn't input the time like you do on normal microwaves. Like for example, I put something in and just hit 3, and it puts 3 minutes on the timer. I'm supposed to be able to hit 4 then 5 for 45 seconds to heat up a cup of coffee. It literally made me read a fucking instruction manual to figure out how to input 45 seconds, because on every other microwave I've ever used, you didn't need to read anything to put 45 seconds on the timer.

I had to take the mother fucker back. Because I'm gonna wake up in the morning still half asleep, hit 4, 5 on the timer, and because I forgot the extra button press I had to make to hit 45 seconds, I'll end up exploding a coffee mug in the microwave that was in there for 4 minutes, instead of the intended 45 seconds.

There aren't too many things that actually trigger me, but over complicating what should otherwise be simple tasks is one of my extremely few triggers. And what I mean by triggered, I was really close to ripping this damn thing out of the wall and smashing it on the ground.

Talking hypothetical here, but if 1 extra step was added before I could do every normal, typical, every day task, I'd completely snap. I'm very much an impulse driven person, that's just part of the nature of who I am, and that's not really up for change.

Does anyone else here identify with what I'm saying?

/rant
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2017, 5:18:04 AM
Don't rag on the microwave that's gross
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I *gladly* paid $50 more for a microwave that didn't require an additional input to put 45 seconds on the timer. That's the happiest I've ever been to pay $50 more for something.

It's supposed to be 4 then 5 = 45 seconds, hit start, and deerrrrrrrrrppppp!! Right!? How does somebody manage to muck that up?

The new microwave I got, that cost $50 more, hitting start is optional, because the microwave starts after a input delay of a few seconds. So 4, 5, pause, auto starts. GENIUS! Instead of an additional step, it removes a step. And I can still press start if I really want to.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 5, 2017, 1:47:56 AM
That 'express cook' feature is fucking annoying to say the least. At least you returned yours, I took mine outside and put a substantially large sparkler bomb in it. It was well worth the money. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Don't rag on the microwave that's gross

Trigger my mangina, and all bets are off.
I should get a new microwave, mine is literally 20 years old and probably a yuge power hog.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
We mainly eat baked dinners or stuff off the pan. Microwaves are good for reheated snags or prepping gravy I guess.
Dude why the hell did you buy that piece of shit? You have to try shit before buying it.
Last edited by FedeS on Oct 6, 2017, 2:44:53 AM
My pet peeve with electronics and appliances are the dumb things that don't recognize when you hit a button and make you press it again. Damnit, I got a remote control like this. YES! I get angrier faster with these. And yes, the batteries are good. Buttons lose their sensitivity over time due to plastic degradation.

Oh, and don't get me started on freaking toasters that burn toast no matter the setting.

I don't use a microwave either but to reheat coffee in the morning sometimes or for leftovers. Or occasionally popcorn.
Censored.
"
FedeS wrote:
Dude why the hell did you buy that piece of shit? You have to try shit before buying it.

They didn't have a functional display model. And it's a microwave. Never in my wildest imagination could I have foreseen them mucking up something like this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info