[3.1] TRICKSTER Scorching Ray + Righteous Fire MoM Boss farmer 1.8mil trash DPS

First time playing an RF build! How does shield charge trigger EE? And why ball lightning to trigger it as well? I thought ball lightning only attacks 1 mob at a time in its radius and then it chains.
Last edited by InquisitorXun on Mar 10, 2018, 1:49:50 AM
"
InquisitorXun wrote:
First time playing an RF build! How does shield charge trigger EE? And why ball lightning to trigger it as well? I thought ball lightning only attacks 1 mob at a time in its radius and then it chains.

Shield Charge does not trigger EE unless you have added lightning or cold to attacks. Orb of Storms deals lightning hits which apply the fire resist reduction from EE we want.

I'm getting into red maps right now and the survivability without Balefire's leech would be basically nonexistent, even though I'm also running a Tempest Shield/Immortal Call setup. I may just stick with this and swap in a Doryani's for Shaper, but for mapping the DPS loss seems perfectly fine. I am short 2% fire resistance since I have a level 19 Purity of Fire, but bad block streaks will just pound you into the floor even if RH is off. Is the key just to have way, way more life and mana than I do? My gear is terrible but I don't feel like gaining even 2,000 life would be enough to make up for losing Balefire. That being said the build is definitely going to be enough to defeat Shaper, so that's nice.
A couple of questions:

Kaom's Roots gives Unwavering Stance which kills evasion right? Is evasion not a factor once you have everything running?

Does Fire resist beyond the max help with RF? Ie I can have 89% or 124% depending on rings but cap is 82% so does the extra do anything besides help against debuffs from monsters?

"
Old_Fart wrote:
A couple of questions:

Kaom's Roots gives Unwavering Stance which kills evasion right? Is evasion not a factor once you have everything running?

Does Fire resist beyond the max help with RF? Ie I can have 89% or 124% depending on rings but cap is 82% so does the extra do anything besides help against debuffs from monsters?

We are not an evasion build. Evasion does nothing for you unless you stack and build for it, regardless of whether you wear Kaom's Roots or not.

The only resist that actually matters is your cap resist, except in situations like being cursed as you suggested. Note that Minus Max Resist will lower your cap so avoid running RF on those type of maps.
Once I get to 77 I can put on my mana regen amulet and will be able to sustain RF without problems I can sustain the life part perfectly, I think I am way over the top on life reg since I changed the tree a bit to have the max 1 fire res from marauder but I seem to stay at 0 mana. Will post again when I change it.

Do you guys proc Arcane surge a lot? Because I cannot seem to use the mana limit without using the skill 10 times, wouldnt it be better to have an alternative setup? maybe curse on hit with enfeeble or flammability or whatever.

Also would it be worth it to use the shield that gives +4% max to all res over the phoenix? Or do we value the life and regen too much.

Thanks.
"
Korrikalari wrote:

Do you guys proc Arcane surge a lot? Because I cannot seem to use the mana limit without using the skill 10 times, wouldnt it be better to have an alternative setup? maybe curse on hit with enfeeble or flammability or whatever.

Arcane Surge procs when you spend a certain amount of mana on a skill. Buy a new Arcane Surge gem and keep it at a level where only one or two uses or Orb of Storms will proc it.

hey i just got this drop, do you think you can use it on this build? , but u have to drop MoM i guess since u going to reserve mana
RF doesn't hit so I don't think that jewel is going to help you. The leech certainly WONT. Perhaps the clarity one does.
"
Phayze wrote:
RF doesn't hit so I don't think that jewel is going to help you. The leech certainly WONT. Perhaps the clarity one does.

Clarity will help as that buff triggers when YOU are hit, not when you hit an enemy.
Hi,

I liked this build in first place, because I wanted to try the RF + SR again, but even I bought nearly the required gear, I still have problem with the degenerating which is much faster than the regeneration. Generally I'm not able to simply kill bosses because I degenerate too much and then i get 1 shot.

I exported my current state of build into pastebin:

"
https://pastebin.com/Xse3R0hX

Can you help me with this? I do not know what I'm doing wrong. I tried to help myself by Ruby flask, but still, I do not have problems between trashes, but then, again, problems with boss. I know that I do not have the 6L SR, but if this build is strongly dependent on that, then...

Thanks for help.
Last edited by mr_franta on Mar 12, 2018, 8:39:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info