What was your 1st computer?

"
KOrchann wrote:
Hi everyone, as t title says;)I wonder how was ur 1st comp and what was t favourite game u enjoyed most on it?

When I was a teenager: Tandy TRS-80, with the 32KB memory upgrade. Family computer, but it should be obvious that the younger family members takeover computers, lol. No floppy drive, as that was a luxury then. Just cartridges for programs you buy, and an audio cassette recorder/player for saving and loading your own programs in Basic. Yet magnetic tapes are horribly unreliable, and I lost many programs to them.

Back then I was a hunt & peck typist. I still never fully adopted the home key hand position on keyboards, and often type with just 6 fingers total, but I type as fast as the average home-key people do.

My first computer I bought with my own money: 386 SX-40MHz with 16MB RAM (huge amount of ram for the time, maxed out)... back when Sound Blaster 16 was the gold standard. Second computer I bought: Pentium 90MHz.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 5, 2017, 9:16:35 AM
"
KOrchann wrote:
"
CrazylikE wrote:
snip

Aye I remember to carry my comp to my friends house and had weekend LAN sessions;) it was fun;) we had almost no sleep on those weekends:D

Oh yeah :) Not a lot of sleep during those weekends for sure, and if you accidently fell asleep, you could be sure someone would mess with you while sleeping in some way. I was lucky to have parents that actually drove me to lan parties every weekend, but I remember some guy taking his PC to lan in a wheelbarrow once, he lived like 2 km away lol.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Oct 5, 2017, 11:07:12 AM
A lot more older people on here than i expected. (5-10 years older than me by the sound of it)

I don't remember everything about my first, my Uncle built it for me. I remember it had a 40mb HDD, and i believe it was a P2. Played a lot of Diablo, Dagerfall, and Fallout 2.

I messed around with my Dad's Commodore 64, but it was a novelty by then.

First one i bought myself was a celeron 766mhz with 256mb ram.

I didn't build my own until just about 10 years or so ago.
commodore64 using the latest gadgets like a 5 1/4" floppy drive.

LOAD "The Last Ninja" ,8,1

good old times
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Commodore64, but no floppy :(

Still, I played the shit out of that :)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Wazz72 wrote:

Started with it aswell, it's incredible how computers evolved since that.
Hf :)
"
Heli0nix wrote:
"
Wazz72 wrote:

Started with it aswell, it's incredible how computers evolved since that.

Aye, I remember commodore and Atari, never had 1 but some of my friends had it... All t loading speeds lol, now ppl complain about 20-30 sec on loading, back then it was more like 30min load lol...
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlUjyLAqWhA
victor v286 cga 16 colors version
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Oct 7, 2017, 2:53:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info