What was your 1st computer?

Hi everyone, as t title says;)I wonder how was ur 1st comp and what was t favourite game u enjoyed most on it?
My 1st was PC 386DX 44Mhz, 220Mb hdd, 1 Mb super vga g/c, 4Mb ram and 14" monitor;)
ahh those memories ;) Did play Volfenstain, Doom, Doom2, ishar, ishar2, and others.. but my most favourite games was UFO: Enemy unknown and Syndicate Those 2 games I played over and over again...
Must say I was age of 14 and I'm from poor family so I had to work hard all 2 months of my summer holidays to get some money for it and my parents did payd t rest;) Never had anything for free;)
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
Last bumped on Oct 7, 2017, 2:52:20 PM
Mine was an old Mac (can't remember the model now). I played Syndicate, Theme Park (Bullfrong; remember them?), Populous, and later, Diablo. Came with 8 mg RAM but we bought more (damn that shit was expensive then). Oh, forgot: also myth and Command and Conquer.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Sep 29, 2017, 3:01:45 PM
Aye, I remember populous, theme park... Sure thing I did tons of C&C and diablo later on stronger rig with 8Mb ram lol

mine was some kind of E-machines PoS

233mhz P2

32mb ram

1gb HD

played diablo, WC2, starcraft, roller coaster tycoon, sim farm, sim ant, etc
I dont see any any key!
First computer in my house was an Apple ][ clone with dual 5 1/4" drives. I lost count the number of times I burned a board and my generous uncle would swap it out for me. I played the heck out of games like Lode Runner, Autoduel, Star Fleet, and The Bard's Tale.

Next was a 386DX25 with a whopping 40MB HD to play games like Outrun, Battle Chess, and all the classic mouse adventure games (Kings Quest, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, etc.) Only later on when I understood purchasing power and cost of living did I realize how much my parents shelled out for the thing (pretty much the same as a new car at the time). x86 architecture was my first taste of DIY upgrading, going up to a 486 CPU and then almost every future purchase I made I maintained the perspective of trying to 'future-proof' my purchases by researching potential upgrade trees. Knowing what I know now about technology pricing, I really wish I saved all those thousands of dollars.

Moving into the 90's, I feel it was the heyday of PC gaming, with titles like Dune 2, Star Control 2, the LucasArts Star Wars simulators (X-wing, Tie fighter, et al.), Descent: Freespace, X-com: UFO Defence, Civ II, Diablo, Warcraft 2, and countless others.

Nowadays, I focus on best bang for buck and purchase mainstream midstream instead of leading edge cutting edge, probably saving close to 40% of my technology hardware expenditures compared to years past...
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Zx=81.

Yeah, I'm old.

A basically portable computer with a proprietary version of BASIC and a whopping 2 kB of memory. Although I saved up my lawncare money to buy the 16 kB expansion pack.

My favorite game was actually a mod I did of a zombie survival game. Originally, the game allowed you to lead zombies into swamps to die- ah, the ignorance of 1983. This being me, I modded it to allow the player to blow zombies up with lasers. Took up every last bit of memory to pull that off. (On a personal note, damn, I wish I'd kept up with programming.)
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
I do not remember the specs much since it was way back then for me, but I knew it had windows 98 on it and was able to play starcraft (with brood war), warcraft 2: battle.net edition (both base and expansion), roller coaster tycoon, and warcraft 3 (at this point, the game was too advanced for my computer as in very laggy gameplay, so I had to upgrade to a new computer at that point).
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Nice to c it's not just me who started back then on old machines;) and knowing I'm not t oldest, right? EpicGoesXexis? ;) I'm not t youngest too 37 had my b-day just couple wks ago;) but I'm still young boy who likes to play games;) as all of us I guess..

C128d with a Final Cartridge II and a nice ember monitor and a tape recorder. The first game I bought was "Double Dragon" - on tape.

Only ever used it in c64 mode.
The mighty ZX Spectrum 48k - played on it so much the rubber keys completely wore out - not many RPGs available on it but it did have a port of the first Bard's Tale which got me hooked on the genre. Think my favourite game was probably the original Elite, played that to death.

After that moved on the 128k version with built in tape deck

From there a Commodore Amiga+ with a whopping 1MB memory, that had ports of most PC games at the time so got stuck into things like Eye of The Beholder, Diablo, Ultima 7 & the SSI gold box AD&D games.

First PC was one of the first Pentiums - conned my parents into buying it for me saying it would greatly aid my university studies and then nearly failed my degree because I spent far too much time playing Doom & Civilization!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info