[3.0] EK Trapper | Shaper down | good Clearspeed

"
tobiazl wrote:
Very nice build. I love ek too, I want build a trapper or miner with it too.

Is there a way around poison for ek or is the nerf for poison to hard?
I have almost no currency. Without the empower, tinkerskin and bow it makes no sense?

i dont think you can build this build around Posion. at least i dont know how. maybe someone can prove the opposite :)
Hey, man, thanks for the build!
Tinkerskin looks completely useless in the build tbh :) well except cooldown recovery obviously
Also why bloodgrip? just for the flasks?
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
Last edited by HQuality on Oct 10, 2017, 12:06:30 PM
"
HQuality wrote:
Hey, man, thanks for the build!
Tinkerskin looks completely useless in the build tbh :) well except cooldown recovery obviously
Also why bloodgrip? just for the flasks?

Tinkerskin is a budget chest which doesnt need to be linked and helps with clearspeed since the CD on Traps.

I used Bloodgrip for Hall of Grandmasters. Usually i use Biscos :)

sorry for the late reply had a lot of work recently :)
Hi, thanks for the build.

It seems obvious for everyone but I don't get why the +1 bow is a BiS, is it only because it's "cheap" ?

I am probably misundertanding something, but is it possible to replace it with 2 wands for example, and still being efficient ?
"
Fastosh wrote:
Hi, thanks for the build.

It seems obvious for everyone but I don't get why the +1 bow is a BiS, is it only because it's "cheap" ?

I am probably misundertanding something, but is it possible to replace it with 2 wands for example, and still being efficient ?

its very cheap and provides you with a lot of damage since you can use good quivers. Blink arrow is also a very good movement skill. You will use a Kaoms Later on so you'll need a 6l .
"
itsJumpy wrote:

its very cheap and provides you with a lot of damage since you can use good quivers. Blink arrow is also a very good movement skill. You will use a Kaoms Later on so you'll need a 6l .

Very nice build, I think I would try to build a toon around it!
Would you mind putting a video when you kill Shaper? It is impressive to me that this good clearing setup provides enough damage for tough bosses too!
One question: if I would like to go squishier, replacing kaom for belly or tinkerskin, and putting inside a second trap, do you think the best trap to be added for single damage would be fire trap? Or would you suggest another physical spell that could be converted to fire too?
Second question: I love 100% conversion build, but in your setup you both suggest a signal fire, that with AoF can give 100% fire conversiono ( and then we could add double curse setup) but also the rigwald quills that, as far as I understand, it speeds up clearing by projectile forking.
I'm thinking about going hryimburn and AoF to get 100% fire conversion without using signal fire, but I'm not sure if I would reach 100% conversion by this setup.
OR I could go for 90% phys to cold conversion, plus ice trap as second setup, I don't know..
Edit: hrymburn + phys to lightning on the EK setup give 100% fire conversion. On the second trap, a fire trap or a cold trap can be used, both will convert to 100% fire.
Last edited by engharat on Nov 8, 2017, 5:39:47 AM
"
engharat wrote:
"
itsJumpy wrote:

Very nice build, I think I would try to build a toon around it!
Would you mind putting a video when you kill Shaper? It is impressive to me that this good clearing setup provides enough damage for tough bosses too!
One question: if I would like to go squishier, replacing kaom for belly or tinkerskin, and putting inside a second trap, do you think the best trap to be added for single damage would be fire trap? Or would you suggest another physical spell that could be converted to fire too?
Second question: I love 100% conversion build, but in your setup you both suggest a signal fire, that with AoF can give 100% fire conversiono ( and then we could add double curse setup) but also the rigwald quills that, as far as I understand, it speeds up clearing by projectile forking.
I'm thinking about going hryimburn and AoF to get 100% fire conversion without using signal fire, but I'm not sure if I would reach 100% conversion by this setup.
OR I could go for 90% phys to cold conversion, plus ice trap as second setup, I don't know..
Edit: hrymburn + phys to lightning on the EK setup give 100% fire conversion. On the second trap, a fire trap or a cold trap can be used, both will convert to 100% fire.

Ive made a Shaper Kill Video which i will add in this Build.
With the Conversion stuff and a 2nd Trap Set-up its up to you. Its just the style ive played this build. Feel free to change it to your likeing and maybe you can give me some feedback about your experiences.
I only used the Rigwwalds Quiver for Clearspeed and the Signal Fire for Single Target.

sorry for the late answer i had a lot of work recently.
I want play this build so much
what about league starter ?
Bandits?
P/s what u think about Unstable Payload?
TY
Last edited by WithMeteoriteInTheHands on Dec 9, 2017, 10:46:00 AM
"
I want play this build so much
what about league starter ?
Bandits?
P/s what u think about Unstable Payload?
TY

Bandits : kill all
League starter : probably fine but i havent tried it as a league starter (requiered is the 6l bow).
I think normal Rare Jewels are better than Unstable Payload but i could be wrong.

sorry for the late awnser. i were busy with working ^^
I'm planning on doing something like this for Beastiary and I have a few questions:

I was under the assumption that for EK to feel good a lot of pierce is required, what's your opinion?

Wouldn't a simple wand + Jaws of Agony be good for starting off a league even though you say the bow is vital?

The phys to cold nodes in ranger. Do you take these because elemental dmg is just better than phys?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info