[Sept 18] PvP

Okay, that definitely helps!
Level 60 would be:
1 / ( 1 + ( 60 / 8 ) )
1 / ( 1 + 7.5 )
1 / 8.5
So 3500 dps would get dropped down to about 411 dps before armor.
And probably 200ish dps after armor. Which would be 5 seconds (before flasks).

That sounds a lot better!
NewDude: I killed Brutus. Now I have no quest. So what now?
Guy: I guess there are people that NEED quests for direction.
Guy2: I always wonder how those people get through life.
GuyMontag: They get married. Wives are like quest-givers.
+ chance to block and evasion its a nice battle :D
"
Bulkathos wrote:
+ chance to block and evasion its a nice battle :D

Well, generally energy shield or evasion come instead of armor :P

And yes, block can add in.

Despite that, I know some people churning out 10k+ dps by level 70.

That's
1 / ( 1 + ( 70 / 8 ) )
1 / ( 1 + 8.25 )
1 / 9.25
.108 * 10k = 1081 dps
Which is getting back into trouble territory.

So, some work is needed. But not as extreme as I thought.
NewDude: I killed Brutus. Now I have no quest. So what now?
Guy: I guess there are people that NEED quests for direction.
Guy2: I always wonder how those people get through life.
GuyMontag: They get married. Wives are like quest-givers.
Chris ,what is going on with pvp ,can you please post some additional info about it.
Most current characters are specced for chaos grinding, so generally high dps and low defenses.

On the other extreme, I have a Marauder w/ 2400 life (not using Kaom's armor) and 276 life/sec regen with four endurance charges. He only hits for about 2500 per Heavy Hit, and barely over 1 attack per second.

I'm more concerned about balancing skills for pvp.
> Flicker Strike is strictly better than any other single-target attack right now. It both automatically hits a single nearby opponent (ground target) and makes you harder to target with any other attack.
> Temporal chains causes -64% movement speed and -40% cast/attack speed. It wouldn't be very fun if it's the one curse that everyone spams on each other in pvp. Even worse if people have Hex Master to make it permanent.
Learn from the mistakes that Blizzard has made with ladder rankings and please make your system or ranking a true ELO system.
The purpose of argument should not be victory, but progress.
any chance of a upcomming PVP ladder race? Where all made characters are lvl 90+ with 2 special vendors in town. One vendor hands out all high gear equipment and the other one has all max quality gems to hand out.
The vendors would be available for 2 days before the ladder starts so everyone would have time to pick and choose their equip and gem set up. Also all the chars would be given the correct corrisponding passive skill points to spend.

This would give the devs a chance to gain a lot of feed back based on end game gear and builds for PVP with a lot more users then their internal testing pool.

Just a thought don't flame me to hard my flame resistant suit is at the cleaners
Luke: Sorry we have to leave you here, but it just ain't right to eat your wife's and daughter's brains. Plus you're really disgusting and I don't want to spend anymore time with you.
Last edited by velrac on Feb 28, 2012, 11:31:23 AM
"
velrac wrote:
any chance of a upcomming PVP ladder race? Where all made characters are lvl 90+ with 2 special vendors in town. One vendor hands out all high gear equipment and the other one has all max quality gems to hand out.
The vendors would be available for 2 days before the ladder starts so everyone would have time to pick and choose their equip and gem set up. Also all the chars would be given the correct corrisponding passive skill points to spend.

This would give the devs a chance to gain a lot of feed back based on end game gear and builds for PVP with a lot more users then their internal testing pool.

Just a thought don't flame me to hard my flame resistant soot is at the cleaners

i also want ladder race ,but from level 1
so much looking forward to test this pvp stuff ;3
Jonathan ,please post some info about pvp ,please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info