3.1 SSF DW Sunder Bleed Slayer\Gladiator - From Hillock to Shaper on a Tabula

"
Keraldil wrote:
Hey, thank you very much for the fast reply! This will definitely help me a lot and answered some of my questions.

Good point with the local and global stats which I will check within the forum. I have watched a Video about the Sunder Build and they talked also about the global stats which are taken by the Sunder Skill, so I will compare this with my research.
I will also try to dive a bit deeper in the PoB to understand the mechanics better. Currently, my main concern is about to get more damage as I have already spent my Skill-Points throughout the damage area. But this should more clear/plausible as higher the character lvl is, hopefully.
As flat physical damage should be "solution for every damage problem" I will focus on getting some damage rings but with the combination of Kaom's Roots, Belt of the Deceiver and Devoto's Devotion, it is not easy to get the resistance and yeah. Another topic :-)

For now, thanks again for your help and attentive manner! I’m looking forward to see your (and my) progression.

Tooltip dps will remain low, but there are alot of hidden dps in the build.

However, if you're still in the late 70's\early 80's, I'd use a Hatred+HoA setup. It would be better overall.
I have finished Act 10 and tried some Maps (1-6) and yes it works really fine and I have still some points to allocate :-)

One question regarding the life leech and the cap. What is the base (original) maximum life leech value of our Duellist/Slayer? Because you can allocate one point in "Vitality Void" to get 5% ontop to the maximum life leech and our ascendency "Brutal Fevour" increases the maxium by 10% more. But what ist the end value if we add the 15%?
According to PoB, I found s.th. with 35% maximum leech could this be the cap?
Would that means as more life I get as more the 35% leech are?
And one last question what is the 20% Overkill damage as leech is that in the 35% included so that you can say independent of the ascendency points of the slayer (overkill leech, increase of maximum leech, increase of 100% leech per second) you can always "only" get 35% of your life?
Sounds maybe a bit confusing but I hope you understand what I try to figure out. (in general and regarding which points I will/shall spend)

Thanks in advance for your inspiration :-)

Last edited by Keraldil on Oct 3, 2017, 9:14:46 AM
Update:
Added some more screenshots
Added lvl 93 gear
Added examples of jewels
Fixed some formatting
Added content to the Labyrinth section
what would you tweak if i wanted to play this in HC SSF?
PM @KaspeR_Warbands (Warbands) | @KaspeRHC (Standard)
Standard Atziri Service www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1400006
Really enjoying this build. Such a flexible tree as well once you get the core points out of the way.

Crimson Dance is awesome. Just stack up the bleeds on bosses, whirl around, and watch them die. Of course you can face tank them as well with our leech + block. It seems to me that bosses are rarely moving as well, so the no bonus damage drawback isn't a huge issue. If a boss does move often, it's incredibly easy to avoid their attacks and down them normally.

I have been playing around with PoB though, and it seems, if we REALLY want to maximize our bleed DPS maybe for a safe/reliable boss-killing setup, that we would get more damage out of a high damage, low attack speed weapon like a mace. If we don't care about how fast we can build stacks (like on a boss) then that attack speed is giving us no extra damage. We could load up the phys damage, and gain a nice chunk of damage out of it. Maybe even pop a shield on too in these scenarios.

I wouldn't do this for a map farming setup because it's pointless. Everything explodes and dies in an instant anyways.
Last edited by NaeRo2 on Oct 4, 2017, 9:53:56 AM
Hi!

I also play bleed sunder, but gladiator (i like max blocks :P), but thats not the point. In my opinion you should use maim support as your 6th link, instead of ruthless. Give it a try! If i get it right maim not only increases your attack damage, but also increases physical damage TAKEN by enemies (and that includes bleeding!)*.

*Correct me if i'm wrong, please.

Best of luck and bye!

Doroni
Last edited by doroni on Oct 4, 2017, 10:23:16 AM
"
NaeRo2 wrote:
Really enjoying this build. Such a flexible tree as well once you get the core points out of the way.

Crimson Dance is awesome. Just stack up the bleeds on bosses, whirl around, and watch them die. Of course you can face tank them as well with our leech + block. It seems to me that bosses are rarely moving as well, so the no bonus damage drawback isn't a huge issue. If a boss does move often, it's incredibly easy to avoid their attacks and down them normally.

I have been playing around with PoB though, and it seems, if we REALLY want to maximize our bleed DPS maybe for a safe/reliable boss-killing setup, that we would get more damage out of a high damage, low attack speed weapon like a mace. If we don't care about how fast we can build stacks (like on a boss) then that attack speed is giving us no extra damage. We could load up the phys damage, and gain a nice chunk of damage out of it. Maybe even pop a shield on too in these scenarios.

I wouldn't do this for a map farming setup because it's pointless. Everything explodes and dies in an instant anyways.

Well, if you want to go that hard on bleed then yes, you get more bleed damage from a heavy hitting weapon. In that case you change the Multistrike gem with something like Conc. Eff or Deadly Ailments.

But if you want that playstyle then you kinda (but not really) lose out on the attackspeed bonus from DW. Although I've seen builds play with a high damage 1H and shield for that bleed, I think at that point you might as well go 2H for even bigger bleeds.

I have played as 2H Sunder. Compared to DW it's so sloow for mapping.

"
doroni wrote:
Hi!

I also play bleed sunder, but gladiator (i like max blocks :P), but thats not the point. In my opinion you should use maim support as your 6th link, instead of ruthless. Give it a try! If i get it right maim not only increases your attack damage, but also increases physical damage TAKEN by enemies (and that includes bleeding!)*.

*Correct me if i'm wrong, please.

Best of luck and bye!

Doroni

You could ofcourse use Maim if you'd like. It is a more-multiplier which is great, but if you really want that bonus, put it on your Ancestral Protector instead and use a real 6th link.

"
kasperbrah wrote:
what would you tweak if i wanted to play this in HC SSF?

Nothing really. You might want to change up your defensive gem setup depending on your gear and take some lifenodes earlier than I'd usually do, but other than that, not much.
"
You could ofcourse use Maim if you'd like. It is a more-multiplier which is great, but if you really want that bonus, put it on your Ancestral Protector instead and use a real 6th link.

That's good choice... if:
-you have sockets for this (max block glad -> Bor -> no body armor, Kaom's roots -> also no sockets, i have my auras in unset rings...)
-you have int for conc effect (I went to raider area for blocks. Of course i could go to marauder's Solidity and templar's Sanctuary nodes, but if i did so, i may not have enough dexterity for gems/items, and i may still not reach 114 int for lvl 21 conc effect, so Maim was best choice for me:D )

Thx for reply, cya ingame!

Doroni
"
doroni wrote:
"

That's good choice... if:
-you have sockets for this (max block glad -> Bor -> no body armor, Kaom's roots -> also no sockets, i have my auras in unset rings...)
-you have int for conc effect (I went to raider area for blocks. Of course i could go to marauder's Solidity and templar's Sanctuary nodes, but if i did so, i may not have enough dexterity for gems/items, and i may still not reach 114 int for lvl 21 conc effect, so Maim was best choice for me:D )

Thx for reply, cya ingame!

Doroni

That does indeed put restrictions on you.
Anyways, good to see you're doing great!

Also, update:
Added leveling section
Updated my curent gear at lvl 94
Last edited by 7thDayTheory on Oct 6, 2017, 1:15:31 AM
I really liked your build I'm currently at 75 and it's pretty quiet mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info