If GGG removed a league mechanic...

I would remove the Lab.
Shrines would love to see them removed or at least the divine shrines pure aids those.
[Removed by Support]

It's no longer ok to be a certain color

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
jackof8lades wrote:
Shrines would love to see them removed or at least the divine shrines pure aids those.

why its nice shrine
Level cap.

I started playing this game way back in beta and I knew then the level cap would obviously be a problem, but I figured they would at some point realize this and change how they approached it.

They gave their reasons for it, or at least some of the reasons for it, but not the real one I believe.

These were given in older manifesto posts that are no longer on the website that I can find. Its not hard to figure out why they disappeared. All the 'bad' stuff that was supposedly a function of increasing level caps has come about anyway, just in a different form.

As a quick example, one of the 'bad' things they believed happened was that your hard worked for gear becomes useless and you have to find new gear. Instead they change mechanics and/or availability and your gear becomes useless and you need to find new. If you personally can't think of multiple examples of exactly this happening, then you haven't been playing long.

Same result, different reason.

Ok, that's not so bad, I mean it is the same way in every game more or less.

I can think of many other things laid out in the early manifestos and discussions that are exactly like that, or were scrapped entirely, mainly because of the crazy insistence that lvl 100 is the end of the world.

Problem here is that after a certain point you no longer get to progress, or the progress is ungodly slow and way way out of proportion to time invested.

Poe is a great game up to a certain level, that level depends on your personal endurance level.

I mean if you are ok just playing leagues and dumping everything you have put into the game each time, then its fine I guess. Directly counter to the philosophy that they want your hard earned gear to remain relevant though isn't it?

This has become a game of taking away. The items and abilities you had last patch are now gone as are the mechanics you relied on, what was good is now crap and vise versa.

So now you get to spend hours working to get back to where you were - and actually probably not even that, but maybe back to functional if you are lucky and they didn't totally trash your shit.

Notice I said 'working' to get back to functional, and I bet nobody even noticed that until I now mention it. There is the situation in a nutshell, it no longer feels like I'm playing a game, it feels like I'm working.

I guess that fine for some people, and they do seem to be raking in the cash - but I don't see poe up for any awards anymore and I doubt we will.

Its just sad really, this game had so much promise. Don't get me wrong, I supported this game early on and I feel I was more than justly rewarded for that. I have had a lot of fun over the years, but less and less so as time went on.

Now though, it very little resembles the game it was and the way things were described as going to play out, and I personally believe it has mostly to do with refusal to raise level cap.

In fact after playing daily for years I finally gave up on poe pretty much entirely. I haven't even logged in since the big expansion. Just can't bring myself to muster up enough interest to.

I know its going to be exactly same situation as always, all my builds will be trashed except maybe one or two that kind of work. I can spend a bunch of time learning all the new changes and swap what gear I have around until I can function and then spend countless hours improving it a little but never as good as it was, and if by chance it is, then it will be nerfed, and then a new patch will come out and I can do exactly that again, over and over and over.

I'm sure there is some nice artwork and some cool stuff in the big expansion, 5 acts is a lot, and perhaps someday I will be bored enough to go through all the effort to hunt out the new stuff hidden within the same ol deal.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
Garbingers.
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
Level cap.

[long text]

Level cap is not a league mechanic, though.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I really expected a lot more snarky replies about harbinger.

Torment definitely feels shitty. The only one I try to get possession with is the embezzler.
would you believe... tormented spirits were worse in the old days? they'd RUN AWAY from a rare monster when it was only a quarter of a screen away - at least now they'd actually stick around to possess the rare. of course, tormented spirits were - and still are - a stupid mechanic.

shrines: they were pointless then; still pointless now.

essences: same comment as for shrines. ok-ok-ok - they help to save on alc orbs' usage. but ultimately... they're still stupid.

breaches: they're great if your build can survive 'em. if you die, and have to run back to 'em... well, the breach is over and you're left feeling bad. i'd actually remove 'em, really.

oh - lastly: harbingers. yet ANOTHER half-baked, rushed idea for a league gimmick. ooh! wait! you can get mirror shards? and exalted shards?? *yawn*.

buff anarchy! (make rogues dangerously challenging again.) buff ambush! (can strongboxes actually drop good stuff?) bring back talismans!! (yeah - i said it - bring back talismans! only make it so you need only 4 talismans, and not five to summon the next tier monster. and make 'em all only rares + uniques. whites and blues were a waste of time + stash space.)
ooh! 'member when PoE was good and fun? i 'member!
I found 1 unique boss with 3 tormented in it and it was a good challenge for me. I think they can remake it to a/some specific map mod/s, like "unique boss can be tormented by tormented ghosts up to 1-2 / 10 chaos" so people can select it if they want or not. I believe this is a much better way to go since everybody need more drop and challenge on boss fights.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Essences are by no means "useless". They allow for mods on an item that the item normally couldn't get. That can be huge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info