Logout Macros

"
For example, a tp macro that opens your inventory, right clicks your portal scroll, and then moves your mouse back to the center of the screen (where your portal is) without clicking on the new portal: that's legal, because opening your inventory and moving your mouse are 100% client-side actions.

Please tell me exactly where you were told this is legal. I'd genuinely like to know who told you this was allowed, because it's not. What you're describing is automation, which is not allowed in any way in the form of a macro. The definition of macros that are legal in this game isn't "as long as it only performs one server-side action it's legal", it's "anything that binds more than 1 action to 1 key is illegal". This is the exact same reason GGG support and staff members have said many times in the past that making a macro for pressing the Esc key and clicking logout is not allowed, but an Alt+F4 macro is. Doesn't matter if multiple actions are client-side, it only matters if it's performing multiple.

While using such a macro may not get you banned, I'd expect it'd be pretty damn hard to actually detect, openly admitting to using said macro on the forums might. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but I'd advise you to stop using this type of macro if you currently are.

Also, a quote from an old reddit post that emailed GGG support with a question regarding a portal scroll macro:
"
Good evening,
I'm just writing wondering about a macro I had an idea for that might be two serverside actions so I wanted to be sure that it's allowed before I make it.
It would press I (open inventory) then right click in the location that I normally have my portal scrolls (using the portal), and possibly close the inventory again.
I'm wondering if this kind of macro would be allowed. It will not go through the portal or anything, just open it.
Thank you for your time,

And GGG support wrote back with:
"
Hi there,
Thanks for contacting us about this. Unfortunately this isn't something we allow, and can result in your account being banned. We do not allow any macro that performs more than one action, and this is considered as more than one action.
I hope this helps to clarify things, and if you have any further questions, feel free to let us know! Thank you for checking with us first.
Kind regards, Lex

Edit:
As a response to the OP's actual question, you are allowed to use macros that log you out. There are a lot out there, and many streamers use them as well.

I also want to point out that due to the fact that macros are a point of contention, there is a chance that this thread might get locked. If you don't know what you're doing, don't suggest anything. Getting other people banned because of your ignorance is not ok.
Last edited by Shazamarang on Sep 21, 2017, 7:42:51 PM
It's baffling while the devs designed difficulty around alt f4 and even encourage players to use it.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Sep 21, 2017, 8:42:53 PM
There are 2 types of logout macros.
1) The one that hits ESC + moves to "logout/exit to character screen) (or whatever)
2) A TCP Connection killer

>1) Is game related and does an actual ingame action, still legal by GGG since it only performs a single server action (active).
>2) Is a not game related action, it simply cuts the network connection for a choosen application. In this case it's the pathofexile.exe. Once you lose the server connection the poe server side logs you out, which is faster than a simple ESC+logout ingame (gues there was a little delay between the "click" and the server action behind it. This is 100% legal to use for any game since it has nothing to do game itself. You can compare it with unplugging your router/lan cable, but just for a single application.
Programs that can be used to kill a tcp connection can be something like "CurrPorts", just use google if you wanna know more about them in detail.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info