Can we have a physical damage aura next release?

We have Hatred, Anger, and Wrath auras, and the same for essences, however we do not have a Contempt aura despite having a Contempt essence.

With the brutality support gem in the game, it negates the effect of many offensive auras for its users.

The only major auras that can be run for players that use brutality are vitality/grace/determination, which are on the defensive side.

It would be awesome if phys based players could have an option like:

Contempt - Adds Adds (1-24) to (2-42) Physical Damage to attacks. Reserves 50% of mana.

Thoughts?
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2017, 11:40:44 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The problem with physical damage bonus is that it scales significantly stronger than any other damage add. With some builds those 24-42 physical damage translate into >10,000 dps.
"
twothe wrote:
The problem with physical damage bonus is that it scales significantly stronger than any other damage add. With some builds those 24-42 physical damage translate into >10,000 dps.

That's exactly the same for elemental so you point isn't really valid
"
twothe wrote:

I'm sorry what? There's a reason why the top builds are elemental, and that's because elemental scales a lot better than phys right now. Elemental conversion or just flat elemental damage scaling beats phys scaling in the vast majority of builds.

OP I agree with you. When they added Brutality I figured they would add an aura to go with it, right now it's either defensive auras or blasphemy curses. There's really isn't anything great for phys. Hell I would take even a bleed aura so those who go pure phys have options to help underperforming bleeds.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
twothe wrote:

I'm sorry what? There's a reason why the top builds are elemental, and that's because elemental scales a lot better than phys right now. Elemental conversion or just flat elemental damage scaling beats phys scaling in the vast majority of builds.

OP I agree with you. When they added Brutality I figured they would add an aura to go with it, right now it's either defensive auras or blasphemy curses. There's really isn't anything great for phys. Hell I would take even a bleed aura so those who go pure phys have options to help underperforming bleeds.

ATM, I'm using determination/arctic armour, but I would be happy to drop determination for a phys aura.

The issue with blasphemy is that you lose effectiveness of curses around bosses so the damage increase from vulnerability is minuscule while it destroys non-boss minions which you already did not have much of an issue with to begin with.

A contempt aura would help take the build to the next level. Outside of buying some insane steel rings or pDPS weapon, you are SOL.
Last edited by ironstove on Sep 20, 2017, 1:13:08 PM
"
ironstove wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:
"
twothe wrote:

ATM, I'm using determination/arctic armour, but I would be happy to drop determination for a phys aura.

The issue with blasphemy is that you lose effectiveness of curses around bosses so the damage increase from vulnerability is minuscule while it destroys non-boss minions which you already did not have much of an issue with to begin with.

A contempt aura would help take the build to the next level. Outside of buying some insane steel rings or pDPS weapon, you are SOL.

GGG hates melee. Learn it, remember it.
"
suszterpatt wrote:

GGG hates melee. Learn it, remember it.

physical damage != melee
They just have to do something like brutality but with an aura. Where you deal more phys damage, or flat phys, but you deal less elem/chaos or no elem/chaos. So this isn't used as another multiplier for elemental builds that don't really need it.

I've been sticking to mostly bleed builds this league trying out the new crimson dance, and there isn't really many options. Like many have said vulnerability is pretty good but loses a lot of punch when up against a boss which is really were you need that extra bit for. Punishment could be good but its very clunky to proc it.

Would be nice to have a new aura to help out pure phys builds.
due to uniques like facebreaker flat damage is not a good idea, may be not as an aura but as a herald

herald of earth
15% more physical damage
when killing a bleeding enemy create an aftershock that deals 20% of your phys dmg as phys dmg over a radius of 30-40 units

1) has great sinergy with high damage single target skills like heavy strike
2) the damage is not particularly high but it can lead to chain reaction and multiple hits from overlaping explosions.

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

This is why I don't like Suggestions from people who haven't been playing long enough. And I am slowly starting to understand GGG for not taking suggestions either.

You compare Auras to Essences as if they were the same thing (hint: they are not). Auras predate Essences by a very long time, but you wouldn't know that.

A phys damage aura is not necessary. Phys damage already scales high enough to do all content.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info