LOOT FILTER Contest: Currency Coloring

I'm on my phone but Spirit, http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/Felix35071/ is mine. Could always use more users. :)
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

- Classy.
- Very subtle, minimal amounts of differentiation, but I like it. :)

- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
I like Never Sinks's
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Neversink pretty much perfected it with his colors.

Also why you think mess of different colors for each currencie type is a good idea?...
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 15, 2017, 11:49:03 PM
Too much eye cancer. Only exalt worth items should have a privilege to be attention-drawing.

"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Also why you think mess of different colors for each currencie type is a good idea?...

Distinguishing between items, when they drop, is useful. Colors help with that (so do sounds; you can check my filter if you like). If everything has its own color, it's easy to know what's on the screen when you're flying through maps at lightning speed -- instead of everything being monotone, drab, and undistinguishable from a bajillion other items colored exactly the same way.

At the same itme, you don't want things to be eyesores (see below). I like to match the coloring with the in-game representation of the Orbs (or whatever other Item). When you look at all the items, all at once, it SEEMS like an easel tipped over: paint-splosion *booosh!* But when you're playing, that really isn't the case. Try it and see if you disagree, if you are so inclined (or actually are interested in whether or not you're correct about the colors).

:)

"
tm10067 wrote:
Too much eye cancer. Only exalt worth items should have a privilege to be attention-drawing.

So I use similar coloring for similar items: Fusings, Jewellers; Armorer's, Whetstones; Orbs of Chance, Orbs of Alteration.

With Whetstones, for example, I have a yellow outline that distinguishes it from Armorer's Scraps. I can tell easily if it's just a Scrap, or if it's a useful Whetstone. And that's just delineating within a group of two.

When you have everything color-sorted, you get used to knowing what dropped without reading.
"
bwam wrote:

"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Distinguishing between items, when they drop, is useful. Colors help with that (so do sounds; you can check my filter if you like). If everything has its own color, it's easy to know what's on the screen when you're flying through maps at lightning speed -- instead of everything being monotone, drab, and undistinguishable from a bajillion other items colored exactly the same way.

At the same itme, you don't want things to be eyesores (see below). I like to match the coloring with the in-game representation of the Orbs (or whatever other Item). When you look at all the items, all at once, it SEEMS like an easel tipped over: paint-splosion *booosh!* But when you're playing, that really isn't the case. Try it and see if you disagree, if you are so inclined (or actually are interested in whether or not you're correct about the colors).

Not sure what you are talking about, but I have no problem distinguishing different currencie with NS's currencie sceme. I don't see any reason in the World to color different currencie within same tier differently.
Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 17, 2017, 12:14:58 AM
Simple does it for me.

Since orbs, especially the more valuable ones, hardly ever drop in groups, I don't see the need to have every single one stand out.
The valuable ones have additional drop sounds, though.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Nice filter @Mikrotherion :)

"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Simple does it for me.

Since orbs, especially the more valuable ones, hardly ever drop in groups, I don't see the need to have every single one stand out.
The valuable ones have additional drop sounds, though.

Yeah, I get that not everyone colors currency.
But of those who don't, how many have tried it?
I've tried both ways. While my preferences aren't universal, it's a major +QoL gameplay experience. For whatever my opinion is worth to you guys.

(Since you showcased non-Currency loot, here's a more generic sample of mine if you're curious:)
Spoiler
Seeing the two together, Never Sink's is more intuitive and fits nicely into the game's color scheme. The best currency stands out very nicely among all the rest given that I never see a whole screen of top tier items. Too much color is too much.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info