totem interaction bugged

"
Fumina wrote:
The totem count mechanic works as intended.

If you have Siege Commander bow with 3000 Dex and 11 Ballistas and you would place 1 decoy totem, you will desummon these 11 ballistas.

Everytime you summon a totem, the totemskill checks the maximum number count of totems.

In your case your totem interaction is a bit unlocky.

If you use the helmet for your Attack Totems (melee counts aswell), you can start deploying a Spell Totem outside the Helmslot and then add 3 Attack Totems.

This. You need to summon the totems you have more of, last.

Searing Bond will act similarly. That's a good way to understand the interaction quickly and easily.
Last edited by colfirefly on Sep 20, 2017, 7:05:53 AM
"
colfirefly wrote:
"
Fumina wrote:
The totem count mechanic works as intended.

If you have Siege Commander bow with 3000 Dex and 11 Ballistas and you would place 1 decoy totem, you will desummon these 11 ballistas.

Everytime you summon a totem, the totemskill checks the maximum number count of totems.

In your case your totem interaction is a bit unlocky.

If you use the helmet for your Attack Totems (melee counts aswell), you can start deploying a Spell Totem outside the Helmslot and then add 3 Attack Totems.

This. You need to summon the totems you have more of, last.

Searing Bond will act similarly. That's a good way to understand the interaction quickly and easily.

i tried to summon the wither totem first and then the rest, the max result is always 3.always.
what you two says dont interact with the fact the if i dont have the heirophant node, i can still summon 3 RATs and than summoning wither dont remove 2 RATs but just 1...
something here is inconncistent
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
Last edited by The_x_ile on Sep 20, 2017, 7:53:27 AM
While you still disagree, the mechanism is working as intended, only a bit different than the way it was explained to you.
"
LordCeruleus wrote:

The system...
1. Checks each totem individually for how many totems it can have in play
2. finds the totem that can have the most totems and set's that totem's limit as the player's total totem limit.
3. prioritizes the totem with the lowest allowable limit as discussed above
4. if totem limits are tied, the oldest existing totem is always replaced.

(credits to LordCeruleus)

Now to your situation: Both your total maximum totem count and your individual maximum totem count is 3. If you do not take the hierophant node, your total maximum totem count is STILL 3, but you could not place 3 wither totems, only 2. Here, if you have 3 RATs out and place a wither, only 1 RAT would be replaced, not 2 (as stated in this thread).

BUT if you put your RAT into your helmet with the hierophant node, your maximum wither totem count would be 2 but you could place 4 RATs and thus 4 totems in total (4RAT, 3RAT+1wither, 2RAT+2wither).

So taking the hierophant node with wither in your helmet only enables you to place 3 wither totems instead of 2 wither and 1 RAT. Basically it gives your a bit bigger flexibility, but not more power in general.
Last edited by Yana on Sep 21, 2017, 6:15:24 AM
"
Yana wrote:
While you still disagree, the mechanism is working as intended, only a bit different than the way it was explained to you.
The system...
1. Checks each totem individually for how many totems it can have in play
2. finds the totem that can have the most totems and set's that totem's limit as the player's total totem limit.
3. prioritizes the totem with the lowest allowable limit as discussed above
(credits to LordCeruleus)

Now to your situation: Both your total maximum totem count and your individual maximum totem count is 3. If you do not take the hierophant node, your total maximum totem count is STILL 3, but you could not place 3 wither totems, only 2. Here, if you have 3 RATs out and place a wither, only 1 RAT would be replaced, not 2 (as stated in this thread).

BUT if you put your RAT into your helmet with the hierophant node, your maximum wither totem count would be 2 but you could place 4 RATs and thus 4 totems in total (4RAT, 3RAT+1wither, 2RAT+2wither).

So taking the hierophant node with wither in your helmet only enables you to place 3 wither totems instead of 2 wither and 1 RAT. Basically it gives your a bit bigger flexibility, but not more power in general.

ok, i think this explanasion is better, but im still not too sure about something:
if i have RAT in my chest and will put another RAT in helm, with heirophent node, will i be able to place the 3 RATS from my chest + wither totem? (will have 4 RATS supposedly)
my builds:
- COLB (Cast On Last Breath) first ever build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1632595
- the Flash: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1367774
- the oro's bridle build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1409823
That's a neat build idea and it looks like you've spent a lot of currency on it. Sucks that you can't get the last totem :(
"
Yana wrote:
ur sure? my bug report about scion hiero totems couple leagues ago was ignored by ggg, there also was nothing in patchnotes regarding it since then.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
The_x_ile wrote:
ok, i think this explanasion is better, but im still not too sure about something:
if i have RAT in my chest and will put another RAT in helm, with heirophent node, will i be able to place the 3 RATS from my chest + wither totem? (will have 4 RATS supposedly)

According to the list, that should be possible. Your head-RAT has an individual maximum totem count (MTC) of 4, which then is also your total MTC, while you can only place 3 chest-RATs.

"
silumit wrote:
"
Yana wrote:
ur sure? my bug report about scion hiero totems couple leagues ago was ignored by ggg, there also was nothing in patchnotes regarding it since then.

I am not sure as I didnt test it myself (made it a bit clearer in the original post). I can only refer to the 1.5yo thread I linked where it was tested by users. But you know that, you posted in that thread. ;)
Anyway, probably a more correct spelling would be
4. if totem limits are tied, the oldest existing totem that violates rules 2 or 1 (in that order) is always replaced.
from the old thread:
"
LordCeruleus wrote:
Typically, totems are programmed to prioritize any totem that isn't a searing totem. that means if you have all searing totems and cast a ballista, it replaces the oldest searing totem. if you have all ballista and cast searing totem, it simply adds a searing totem. if you have a mix of totems, however, and cast a ballista, the program will always replace the oldest searing totem up to the maximum number ballista possible. Once the maximum number of ballista have been reached, the program will then replace the oldest ballista if you cast ballista or oldest searing totem if you cast searing totem. You can never replace an active ballista with a searing totem.
Last edited by Yana on Sep 21, 2017, 8:06:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info