[3.0] Gladiator Bloison Flurry - Explode Them All! - Low Budget Build for BF Lovers

Sup guys, Khuzvhan here. This is my very first build (and... guide?), english isn't my 1st language and this forum posts stuff are quite hard for me. So don't expect anything complex, math stuff, numbers theorycrafting or a polished guide, but i'll do my best to explain whatever is needed. Enjoy.

The easy way for detailed info:

https://pastebin.com/E6CRRjjz

So... Do you like Blade Flurry? How about some bloody explosions on it?

Cool? so let us proceed.

minotaur kill on 78

Update 09.21.2017 - Poison? hmmm, how's it vs Chaos Res. Bosses?

Facetanking Chimera's Last Phase.

The Trick here is release your BF charges whenever your life moves for faster leech, retaliation's bursts can take care of the rest, EZ.

- Why bleed/poison?

since either elemental or pure physical scalling are quite dependent on well crafted weapons / GGGGG stats, i've tried to take advantage from some "guaranteed" / cheap ATTACK scalling from ailments. and of course, poison and bleed on enemies are cool, even more when they EXPLODE!

- Got it. so poison and bleed aren't our main source of damage, we're not bleeding them to death. Ailments are just there for damage boost. But how do i keep them running at 100% ?

For Bleed: Gladiator's Ascendancy nodes + Haemophilia (listed above)

For Poison:

For 100%+ chance on Both:

Now these are the core of the build. everything else are common crit damage scaling.

ACCURACY STUFF

This is a Dex based build, so it shouldn't be hard getting a comfortable high hit chance. Wasps Nest gives us some extra acc, and you can go for some more on your Amulet or 2nd Ring. otherwise you'll be just fine with a

if you can't get enough. cheap stuff.

BANDITS: Help Allira

we make use of everything she gives us. resists are good for some extra dmg/life only jewels space, crit multi is just free dmg, and that flat mana regen helps a lot on shitty low density maps.

THE TREE:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAQCAAEJAhEEhwUtBbUGiwceDPcOSBGWFHUV7BX9Fr8Y2xpVIOMhYCLqI_Yk_SaVKgsqOC5TL8wwfDIBMk431D0AQKBHfklRSn1LHE2SUUdVS1b6Wp9d8mEhYeJirGLsZU1mtmegbAhsjGzYbWxvJ29XcFJ07XTxdf1313gZeu9_K4GbhG-ExYTZhO-HdonTivCMNo19jYGNv49gj5mPwZKAkveTkJUumheaapu1nMSdqqmVrK-yGbTFtUi2irciuNm5Hb02vni-p8C_wYLBoMLswzrKkM9602_UQtYH2sHb591I45_l5udU53To1ulG7T_t1_DV8Yr4Av_e

Nothing special here, i've just had the idea and put it to work. pretty basic stuff: claw/shield specs, crit/phys dmg, some life nodes, GG.

ASCENDANCY - GLADIATOR

Blood in the Eyes for Bleed synergy plus those cool explosions from it and Haemophilia.

then Violent Retaliation for extra damage from blocks since shield is our off-hand and Rumi's Concoction will make it stack quite more often for bursting situations.

PANTHEON:

Majors:

Brine King for fast mapping, decent for everything

Solaris for hard maps / bosses

Minors:

Tukohama is the best here since we are always stationary hitting.

Yugul if tukohama is not needed for common stuff mitigation anymore, this one can prevent you from hard reflected dmg from filthy spawned stuff from essences/boxes, beyond etc.

Ryslatha for Trials/Labs since we have no regen you may find yourself trapped (literally) in low life between traps and no flasks charges available, this one can save you.

GEMS - LINKS :

Chest: 5-6 link

Blade Flurry - Melee Phys - Faster Attacks - Vile Toxins - Increased Area / Conc Effect + Increased Critical Damage (if 6L)

Helm:

Whirling Blades(lvl 1) - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Blood Magic

Gloves:

Ancestral Warchief Totem - Melee Phys Dmg - Faster Attacks - Maim

Boots:

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9) - Immortal Call (lvl 11) - Enfeeble (lvl 12) - Increased Duration (maxed)

Weapon:

Summon Ice Golem - Vaal Haste + Increased Duration

Shield:

Herald of Ash - Hatred - Anything (i went for Flame Dash here because of those annoying high grounds you can't reach with Whirling Blades)

MANA

Mana Leech from tree should be enough since the claw spec nodes give us some flat and percentage juicy mana return. But if you still feel uncomfortable or are not used to mana leech builds a single jewel with a +2 Mana Gain On Hit should fix it for ya.

Flasks

Instant Life Flask (removes bleed).

Rumi's Concoction Works either as defensive and offensive flask for us.

Lion's Roar increases our very raw damage but requires some practice specially for melee bosses because knockbacks can mess your blocks. no blocks = dmg loss.
tip: pop Rumi's get some retaliation procs, then burst.

Atziri's Promise - nothing special, increases either phys and elemental damage output from auras.

Diamond Flask (removes freeze) - Basic Stuff for anyone who benefits from crits. Freeze dispel/ immunity for any vaal pact users. If you can't attack, you can't leech, if you can't leech, you die.

Stats Priority(jewels and yellow items):

Intelligence for Gem Requirements.

Resistances for caps (109% if you have the currency, so no ele weakness issues)

Life

Crit Chance

Area Damage

Crit Multi

Physical Damage

Armour/Evasion

My Current Gear (for reference)

Well, that was a one-shot writing, so prolly some mistakes or things missing and i'm just too tired for a revision.

I just hope this can be useful for someone else.

And please tell me if any link is broken or things like this. feel free to ask/suggest anything.

Have Fun!
Last edited by khuzvhan on Sep 21, 2017, 3:43:17 PM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2017, 9:20:27 PM
Wow nice build!

Will try in next week.
Very cheap, much wow.

10/10
"
Frofrosted wrote:
Very cheap, much wow.

10/10

vai se foder wave :)
Pretty new to the game, but was wondering why blade furry and do any other skills work with build?
"
1ce123 wrote:
Pretty new to the game, but was wondering why blade furry and do any other skills work with build?

Basically because BF throws multiple aoe hits faster and the goal here is to apply many poison stacks as fast as possible instead or hard hitting poison dmg. we need the high stacks for weapon + vile toxins synergy.

Any leveling tips? On which level should I start to use BF? Otherwise, good guide, keep it up!
Would it be better to replace the faster attack gem for another support gem?

I realised that faster attacks only makes blade flurry tick faster by 0.03. This is a similar question to all other blade flurry builds out there with the faster attack gem.
"
ShayeFaletha wrote:
Any leveling tips? On which level should I start to use BF? Otherwise, good guide, keep it up!

Leveling as BF is pretty decent you can look for the end stuff as soon as they become available.

untill BF. Frost Blades and Sunder are quite good and fast options for leveling. Frost Blades can be used at lv 1 with Pierce support, pretty good, Sunder is more popular though.
"
lyz92 wrote:
Would it be better to replace the faster attack gem for another support gem?

I realised that faster attacks only makes blade flurry tick faster by 0.03. This is a similar question to all other blade flurry builds out there with the faster attack gem.

The more atk speed the better for poison/bleed applying and Vaal Pact keeping you up.

But if you feel like faster attacks is too over for you cuz of your high atk spd gear, then you can go
for Maim on the BF setup, then Conc Effect or Bloodlust for Warchief setup for more boss dmg.
Last edited by khuzvhan on Sep 21, 2017, 4:46:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info