[3.0] Life MoM Frost Cascade Miner (Viable for Everything)

"
cedcmoi wrote:
I want to try your build as a league starter next league with a few changes.
I'd like to run your regular frostbolt mines setup plus a 6l body with glacial cascade on cwdt, do you think it would be worthwile?

i mean, glacial cascade on a 6l should be powerfull and a nice crowd control to keep mobs off of you.

Most of our scaling comes in the form of Mine damage, which is not going to work on a CWDT setup. Besides, Frostbolt is the one that is used for clearing and really just decimates all trash. Glacial Cascade is for single target and if you're only going to put one in a 6 link, I'd go for it as GC will work for clearing, it's just a bit slower because Frostbolt clears a bit offscreen and GC, well not so much.
To all the girls in the red high-heeled shoes,
they took all our money and stole all our boos.
They ain't got their cherries, but that's no sin,
they still got the box the cherry came in!
I ran GC Mines in Harbinger HC and cleared straight to Red Maps on my first try, it was truly the best build I've ever played in HC PoE.

Then I tried Frostbolt Mines in Turmoil SSF HC, and it has been great as well-- here's my progress.

Comfortably clearing up to T9 maps for the moment. Obviously, FB is better for clearing and GC for bossing, but having played both separately, I find there isn't a huge difference in overall efficiency.

FB is probably better for SSF, because I found myself relying on (Detonate Mines-Spell Totem) a lot more with GC, whereas with FB, I didn't even find a Detonate Mines gem until level 82, and I rolled every single Gemcutter box during Turmoil for quantity.

However, if you run FB in SSF, you will eventually need to level a mule to A5 to get a second Frozen Trail jewel, which I still need to do.

Probably going to try running both skills at once for Abyss HC. Although if that GC jewel goes through without any nerfs to GC itself, then GC mines is gonna be broken as fuck.
Last edited by Trentemoller on Nov 29, 2017, 12:31:48 PM
I have a miner like you..
I recomend use Detonate-Spell Totem + Vaal Clarity for boss fight and the Glacial Cascade cover all screen.. also use Frost Bomb Cluster Trap setup for boss and strongboxes.
Sorry about my english, is not my natural language..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info