Another exile from Diablo 3 to the Path of Exile

"
Prokahn wrote:
Lol awesome posts. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I just finished the 10 act in the harbinger league and got into the end game content with the Map Device. I immediately got 1 question:

1) Is it normal to get one shotted by the map boss or the big pile of Harbingers when we got into the end game content for the 1st time? Is this situation common?
I am still lacking the last two stages in the ascendancy. The third one is open, but the ascendancy boss hits much much harder now (my previous ascendancies were easy and passed at one go each time, but the third one is a pain).

2) Is all res worth sacrificing for more HP?
I tried to pile all the life nodes and only the big one near the centre is left to reach. Currently I have 3000 life, 5000 armor, 2500 evasion (with the evasion aura), 64%-75% all resists and 5-10% chaos resistance (the sheet values). I am aiming for the life nodes near the centre from now on, which I will be reaching in 4-5 levels. I guess I need at least 1000 more life at the current level. For more HP at the current level, I need to play around gem, necklace crafting, but this will lower my Fire-Cold and Lightning all res.

3) I did not have any issue with all the ascendancy up to the 2nd one, but the 3rd one's boss is easily one shotting me, not sure why I am even dying. I have used Ruthless gem and I wonder if the boss has reflect or something or the issue is the life or armor amount?
The game play help forum is awesome for answering your questions. Just copy your post here and start a thread there. When you do so, you might explain your character and the skills you are using and go to your user profile and make your character public to members can see all your stuff.

Your description can be simple: level 83 duelist using Wings of Entropy (WOE) and cleave with Ancestral Warchief (AW).

Basic needs for melee in maps include: max resists, AW for dps and decoy, Stone golem for life regen, lots of life, and knowing when to run away and regroup.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
The game play help forum is awesome for answering your questions. Just copy your post here and start a thread there. When you do so, you might explain your character and the skills you are using and go to your user profile and make your character public to members can see all your stuff.

Your description can be simple: level 83 duelist using Wings of Entropy (WOE) and cleave with Ancestral Warchief (AW).

Basic needs for melee in maps include: max resists, AW for dps and decoy, Stone golem for life regen, lots of life, and knowing when to run away and regroup.

Awesome, thanks. Lots to learn. I will play around with AW first and try to get a stone golem and see how it goes.
TC, the thing about this community, is the moment you criticize anything in PoE you'll start hearing "Go back to D3". So if you think this community can't be just as toxic, you haven't seen anything yet. Don't say nobody warned you, if and when that happens.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 13, 2017, 8:06:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info