[3.7] Ahfack's Crimson Cyclone | Shaper FULL Life Kill Vid | 100% Pure Phys | All Content | PoBs

"
Thank you, also how important is move speed on boots? I found an excellent pair of Two Toned boots w/ 155+ resists, 100 max life, but full up on mods so I can't put movement speed on there.

I would say for you right now, get them
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
fpsxhydra wrote:
if i dont have a additional curse on the amulet which one do i not run ?

If you're tanky enough, run vulnerability. If you're not, run Enfeeble. Those are the two best curses. I just run punishment instead of Enfeeble for pure damage because I'm tanky enough in standard with my gear.
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
Thank you, also how important is move speed on boots? I found an excellent pair of Two Toned boots w/ 155+ resists, 100 max life, but full up on mods so I can't put movement speed on there.

I'm not sure how to link items but I just crafted a steel ring and replaced my beast coil. Will be well over capped with a nice two toned boots w/ lightning.

Beast Grip, Steel ring
Adds 4-14 physical damage to attacks
Adds 9-15 physical damage to attacks
+41 Intelligence
+38 Max Mana (Why couldn't you be a nice life roll)
+40% Fire Resistance
+48% Cold Resistance
+43 to Maximum Life (crafted)
"
"
Ahfack wrote:
"

I'm not sure how to link items but I just crafted a steel ring and replaced my beast coil. Will be well over capped with a nice two toned boots w/ lightning.

Beast Grip, Steel ring
Adds 4-14 physical damage to attacks
Adds 9-15 physical damage to attacks
+41 Intelligence
+38 Max Mana (Why couldn't you be a nice life roll)
+40% Fire Resistance
+48% Cold Resistance
+43 to Maximum Life (crafted)

Great ring!
Question about the jewels. Is it worth it to buy jewels with increased damage from bleeding or increased damage over time on them? I've been browsing for ones with Life + Attack speed + ??? + ??? but I'm having trouble finding any with straight up damage on them.
"
xMarked wrote:
Question about the jewels. Is it worth it to buy jewels with increased damage from bleeding or increased damage over time on them? I've been browsing for ones with Life + Attack speed + ??? + ??? but I'm having trouble finding any with straight up damage on them.

While leveling, any damage modifiers. Bleeding would be the least but still good. Global damage not bad
Hey Ahfack, really great guide. Thank you for that.

Still I got a couple of questions I wanted to ask you. Hope you don't mind.

1. Gear/Reflect/Ring
Well, it's kind of a question and kind of a suggestion. You're saying one should avoid reflect maps, but wouldn't be possible (and more important still viable) to use Sibly's Lament in right ringslot?

50% (Headsman) + 25% (Yugul) + 40% (Sibyl's) = 115% reduced reflected dmg taken. Of course one would have to get the stats of the switched out ring somewhere else.

2. Gear/Kaoms/BodyChest
You're advising to get a corrupted Kaoms, for example with +1 max res. A "basic" Kaoms costs roughly 5ex if I'm not mistaken, a Kaom with +1 max res is at 50 ex. Isn't that kind of seriously expensive? Are +1 max res really that useful?

3. Gems
As much as I like your guide, I don't really wanna go Crimson Dance, which is why I'm gonna concentrate on "direct" damage. This means I don't really have a use for the Chance to Bleed Support. I'm using Concentrated Effect Support instead. Also I'm running Fortiy Support.
Would you advise to run Maim or Ruthless as last support?

4. Passive Skill Tree
Should one consider taking Iron Reflexes? How much Estimated Phys Dmg Reduction should one get in comparism to Chance to Dodge so that it is worth? I'm losing 25% chance to dodge and got roughly 14% reduced phys dmg.

When going for Hematophagy you're taking the 'longer route' (right side of the wheel): Wouldn't it be better to take the left side, which gives us +3% of max HP to max HP Leech rate? You're loosing out on 260hp leeched each second (calculated with your 8655hp) compared to +10% hp leeched.

5. Idea
I'm currently playing with the Blood Magic Keystone, which is why I am not using any auras atm. Anyway, while leveling I experimented a bit with auras when I was still using Hezmana. Wanted to know your thoughts about running the 3 Puritys for res.

Well, that's it from me. Thank you for your time and once again for your guide.
"
DeadmansTome wrote:
Hey Ahfack, really great guide. Thank you for that.

Still I got a couple of questions I wanted to ask you. Hope you don't mind.

1. Gear/Reflect/Ring
Well, it's kind of a question and kind of a suggestion. You're saying one should avoid reflect maps, but wouldn't be possible (and more important still viable) to use Sibly's Lament in right ringslot?

50% (Headsman) + 25% (Yugul) + 40% (Sibyl's) = 115% reduced reflected dmg taken. Of course one would have to get the stats of the switched out ring somewhere else.

2. Gear/Kaoms/BodyChest
You're advising to get a corrupted Kaoms, for example with +1 max res. A "basic" Kaoms costs roughly 5ex if I'm not mistaken, a Kaom with +1 max res is at 50 ex. Isn't that kind of seriously expensive? Are +1 max res really that useful?

3. Gems
As much as I like your guide, I don't really wanna go Crimson Dance, which is why I'm gonna concentrate on "direct" damage. This means I don't really have a use for the Chance to Bleed Support. I'm using Concentrated Effect Support instead. Also I'm running Fortiy Support.
Would you advise to run Maim or Ruthless as last support?

4. Passive Skill Tree
Should one consider taking Iron Reflexes? How much Estimated Phys Dmg Reduction should one get in comparism to Chance to Dodge so that it is worth? I'm losing 25% chance to dodge and got roughly 14% reduced phys dmg.

When going for Hematophagy you're taking the 'longer route' (right side of the wheel): Wouldn't it be better to take the left side, which gives us +3% of max HP to max HP Leech rate? You're loosing out on 260hp leeched each second (calculated with your 8655hp) compared to +10% hp leeched.

5. Idea
I'm currently playing with the Blood Magic Keystone, which is why I am not using any auras atm. Anyway, while leveling I experimented a bit with auras when I was still using Hezmana. Wanted to know your thoughts about running the 3 Puritys for res.

Well, that's it from me. Thank you for your time and once again for your guide.

1. Sibyl's is fine, if you can somehow incorporate it. I personally would just rather use anotehr chaos or scour/alch to roll over the map for casual mapping. If you are doing it for a challenge or personal conquest, then yeah go for it. But yeah, stats/res/life/phys on rings is amazing for us since we wear kaoms/devoto's.

2. I advised any shit kaoms does the trick. I didn't say a +1max res is necessary, I'm simply mentioning what I think would be BiS for league play. Some people like shooting for the stars and knowing what to go for if they ever get lucky. And yes, +1 max res is amazing for 2h builds since we don't block/dodge. Again, any shit 20%fire dmg corrupt +1 gems kaoms is perfectly fine. I like cannot be knocked back/avoid shock personally which are both pretty affordable if you look for them.

3. Conc is fine for damage, but your AoE will suffer greatly. Range on cyclone is very important for smoothness, QoL, and doing bosses like shaper - how are you going to hit him with con if he's sitting on a vortex? Also, after playing Cyclone for ~5 years I've finally had enough of swapping from aoe/con on bosses at the moment, haha. If you don't go bleed then yeah it's fine, however fortify support is a bad choice IMO since it's an increased damage modifier and not a MORE modifier - big difference. Maim is 31%more damage, Ruthless is 38% more damage, so take out Maim if you must.

4. I mention Iron reflexes in the guide, and even post screenshots of my defensive sheet with and without it, check it out. All depends on how much armour scaling you have on tree/gear. Also what kind of maps/enemies you're fighting on the regular. We're just 1 pt away so do what's best for you.

Valid point! Sure, you can take the left side if you'd like. I just like 1.2% leech at the time of making the tree because I wanted to leech as much as possible, and then boost the leech with increased life leech per second. However, the 3% of max life per second to max life leech rate does boost our retch damage, but then again so does 20% and an extra 0.6% of leech. It's hard to say because PoB does not calculate this accurately (can check yourself). But feel free to take that left side if you need/want to!

5. Blood magic is great, but I don't think it's needed for Cyclone anymore. 4-5 years ago when mana cost was much higher for melee skills, EVERYONE used blood magic (or bm gem) for cyclone because it was the only reliable way to sustain it. Since they have lowered the mana cost for melee skills in general it's not needed. I actually was blood magic up until changing from champion -> slayer, because I used different offhand skills, even a bow/EA setup for PVP can check some vids here

I think using the 3 purities for res is a complete waste because we're pure phys and vulnerability is extremely important for us. I like max-res the purities give us, but I feel enfeeble overall would be a much bigger global boost (effecting both phys and ele and fucking the crit of our enemies) than the purities would.

You're very welcome, hope you enjoy! And yes, feel free to make it your own. Stay sane exile!
Wow, that was fast.

Thank you very much for your answers. That'll help me out in the near future (:
So i'm lvl 82 and this is my gear so far, what do you think? What should i change or do next?

I'm working for a Kaom and some nice Steel Rings now. But any advice will be appreciated. Thanks for an awesome guide, i'm having so much fun with this!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info