[3.2] Trickster, The 1 True Flicker

Would you say this could farm Guardians?
I've read a fair bit about Flicker's single target not being too great
I think it can with enough crit and replace abyssus with something tanky. I already can perma flicker on bosses with frenzy up keep so it's just about minimizing the 1 shot factor.
What about raider ranger? It can sustain frenzies (at least it looks like it on paper). Assuming you'd use a different weapon, even possibly a nice rare (since the frenzies are on kill/hit) couldn't one get better DPS that way? I'm more or less debating on assassin vs ranger to start a flicker striker and I didn't know if you had any experience with the raider version...
Of course I have had raider experience, if you look at my profile you will see. In my opinion raider is my 3rd favorite due to the speed of it but I still like trickster better. Better dps? I don't think so because you can reserve 100% of your mana with trickster and you generate powercharges which frees up a gem slot (if using power charge on crit) OR frees up buff slot if using assassins mark. Hope this helps
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it. I guess I'll have to try assassin :)
Nooo lol go trickster XD
Hey man thanks for the write up, a couple questions though if you dont mind.

How would you level the build? Im still pretty new and trying to figure this stuff out on my own.

Would it be possible to break down the passive tree a little? What should I aim for first? Like where should I be at lvl 30, 55, etc.

Again, thanks for taking the time.
I added an update section but wasn't really tailored to your question and sorry for that. Leveling is really easy man just grab strong 2h weapons until you can use terminus. Level with cyclone skill and grab your first ascendency points early on so you no longer have to deal with mana. As for the tree, there is no real order of things you need to get with the exception of grabbing your power and frenzy charge nodes when you can use your terminus so you can start flickering everywhere. Other than that just grab damage and life as needed and Vaal Pact when you feel ready. Sorry for not giving you more precise answers but I am strapped for time at the moment. I will be online later and probably streaming and can better show and explain things for you. Hope this helps a little.
Last edited by silent1killer on Sep 13, 2017, 3:25:28 PM
I feel like people go slayer not for the damage but for the much better and cheaper survivability. Especially with how expensive a Kaom's heart can be for the players who don't play as much, aka me, slayer pretty much guarantees you won't 1 shot yourself to a crit on a random phys reflect rare. And if you're barely surviving reflect rares with a kaom's, there's no way a belly is gonna keep you alive as a trickster. But with slayer, you just slap on a belly and you should be good to go. Yeah you could throw in a sybil's but sybil's can make res capping through curses extremely difficult especially without a well-crafted spiked glove, and I'm not too sure about the math on this, if you're running just yugul's pantheon with an almost 500% crit multi I don't see you surviving. Maybe I'm missing something but yeah, just my two cents. Also atziri's acuity doesn't stack with slayer's overleech effects (not sure if this was mentioned and I missed it or not).
Edit: Granted you could probably replace abyssus with a starkonja's or a rat's nest but on PoB that's causing us to lose 40% dps, (going down to 600k shaper/guardian dps). Whether or not that's enough damage to do guardians/shaper with flicker, I'm not sure.
Last edited by SilverXa on Sep 13, 2017, 9:30:52 PM
As I said in the build I have played slayer flicker as well and it has it's perks but I just am not a fan. Since you are not taking vp you definitely rip to reflect mobs unless you run sybil's but that's just a waste of a ring in my opinion. As for acuity and over leech I have heard and read otherwise. Because your crit isn't 100% everything else is still over leeching and seemed to be working as such when I ran it. I think going in to a flicker build you understand it has high potential to be rippy especially if you see the build calls for abyssus. If you want a tanky flicker then that will cost a lot more currency regardless of class.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info