[3.3 Updated] MoM`s bloody Gladiator: when bleed actually does the job

"
unTop wrote:
Do you really think that MoM is worth it? You spend 17 nodes just pathing there and grabbing mana nodes, when you could grab an additional 51% increased life in just 11 nodes and then reserve your mana with defensive auras.

So, I did your suggested changes:
-removed part of the tree starting at Constitution
-took all life from Constitution wheel
-added all Life and Armour nodes from Marader starting area

if you meant different changes, tell me and I will simulate that accordingly.

So first comparison is HP change. Life went from 5313 to 5870, which is huge net loss, as MoM makes it effectively 7585 HP, so we lost huge ammount of pure "HP" buffer.

For mitigation purpose I would run as defensive aura Determination. This will cause net increase of our Armor from 8543 to 15604, which is huge boost. This will cause change of mitigation from x0.32/0.82 to x0.2/0.82 (Hit/DoT). So our effective HP for physical hits change from 23 705 to 26 565. For everything else (bleeding, all elemental and chaos dmg) it is general loss. Of course, you still have 6 skill points, which you can add somewhere, but they will not change this conclusion. In the end, I do not have problem with any heavy physical hitters-chimera and minotaur and with full buff I can survive shaper slam too.

conclusion: I believe it is worth it and if I changed build from MoM, it would be different build. This makes it unique and based on this breakdown I believe it is justified.
Do you not use multistrike because it's a loss in damage or because you don't like the multistrike game play? I personally love multistrike game play and was wondering if it would hinder the build a lot if I used it instead of another gem. And if I did which gem would be best to replace?
"
Runal wrote:
Do you not use multistrike because it's a loss in damage or because you don't like the multistrike game play? I personally love multistrike game play and was wondering if it would hinder the build a lot if I used it instead of another gem. And if I did which gem would be best to replace?

Well, I think multistrike would harm dps, clear speed and mobility/survival ability.

Dps-since we are trying to maximize bleed dmg and it is capped to 8 stacks with crimson dance, we do not need that much extra attack speed. If you felt, you need more, I would rather go to some attack speed nodes (Berserking for instance) or flat faster attacks gem. Simply because 3 attacks at one place are not needed, because...

Clear speed-most mob groups simply die from one hit. Some persistent gold mobs needs two on high tier maps. So standing there and waiting for three attacks would cost us some time and more importantly...

Survival ability-even with single attack I sometimes felt, that I am standing too long time on one spot (path of building shows stading for cca 0,58 s w/ multistrike at my curent gear, compared to 0,38 a w/o multistrike). And that can be deadly at some enounters.

conclusion-multistrike is not recommended for this build, but if you really want to use it, you can change it for unbound ailments-you stack faster, so you do not need that extra duration and it has lowest impact on dps. Total dps loss would be from my current cca 300k dps (standing dps) to cca 265k dps. For real life scenario I think your dps would go even lower, as most endgame bosses require movement.
"
Runal wrote:
"
Ramireus wrote:
"
Runal wrote:
Could you add some videos please. Like a guardian map + boss clear. I am very interested in this build but want to see how the attack speed and damage looks in a vid

will try, hope it will fit in 10 minute limit of Bandicam. Never tried to make videos, so hope it will work :)

I'm excited to see. There is always a first time for everything I guess :}

Back home after weekend, so videos are uploaded. Enjoy :)
"
Ramireus wrote:
"
Runal wrote:
"
Ramireus wrote:
Could you add some videos please. Like a guardian map + boss clear. I am very interested in this build but want to see how the attack speed and damage looks in a vid

will try, hope it will fit in 10 minute limit of Bandicam. Never tried to make videos, so hope it will work :)

Back home after weekend, so videos are uploaded. Enjoy :)

Watched everyone. Awesome videos for the first time. Thank you!
Heya Ramireus,

My friend is running your build and he loves it, he wanted me to thank you on his behalf and ask a couple of questions. He is wondering what the difference between chance to inflict bleed and chance to cause bleed on hit is. He's crafting a 1h axe for instance, it has chance to cause bleed on hit, when equipping it, his chance to inflict bleed stays the same at 109% (I'm surprised it can exceed 100% but I don't understand bleed mods in PoE). So he was wondering if on the multi mod he should even bother adding more chance to bleed (apparently he can craft that from Vagan) or simply craft the leo (15-30%) more DOT. I hope you can help unravel this cause bleed/inflict bleed confusion as well as tell him what to craft on his multi mod, he put flat phys and is wondering about the rest, I tried to sort it out with him but I never ran a bleed build and I am not sure I understand enough to give an informed opinion.

Cheers,
"
bainet wrote:
Heya Ramireus,

My friend is running your build and he loves it, he wanted me to thank you on his behalf and ask a couple of questions. He is wondering what the difference between chance to inflict bleed and chance to cause bleed on hit is. He's crafting a 1h axe for instance, it has chance to cause bleed on hit, when equipping it, his chance to inflict bleed stays the same at 109% (I'm surprised it can exceed 100% but I don't understand bleed mods in PoE). So he was wondering if on the multi mod he should even bother adding more chance to bleed (apparently he can craft that from Vagan) or simply craft the leo (15-30%) more DOT. I hope you can help unravel this cause bleed/inflict bleed confusion as well as tell him what to craft on his multi mod, he put flat phys and is wondering about the rest, I tried to sort it out with him but I never ran a bleed build and I am not sure I understand enough to give an informed opinion.

Cheers,

Hello,

I am glad your friend likes this build :)

To your questions:

Inflict vs. cause bleed-as far as I know it is just bad wording and will be corrected in future. Also there is problem in UI, as chance to bleed from weapons does not add for some reason (but should work normally).

But more importantly-for this build it does not matter (unless your friend wants to pick different ascendancy) as increased chance to cause/inflict bleed is not necessary. As you suggested above-"real" bleed chance is capped at 100 %, as you can inflict only one instance of bleeding with one hit, so he should not bother with crafting additional chance.

As for crafted multimod weapon, I have not tested it yet ingame, but based on path of building, I would suggest this path:

1) start with gavel
2) roll blue 170 % + physical mod and 31 % + increased damage with bleeding.
3) regal it and pray it is suffix (prefferable would be bleed duration, attack speed or pure strength, but I would not worried much about it, as differences will be minor, if it is prefix, he can pray again and try annulment)
4) multimod craft
5) add leo DoT damage and vagan flat phys dmg

on average he will get cca 0.6-2.0k * 8 higher bleed dps compared to well rolled calineus malleus.

I believe this will be possible to craft on reasonable budget. Of course, on higher budget there are better options, leading to theoretical maximum of cca 100k increase in bleed dps, but it is teritory deep in mirrorable weapons.

hope this helps and if you have any other questions/anything is not clear, do not hesitate to ask

(and I hope I anvered correctly, I am returning from vacation and have little time lag:)
Hey, I'm doing your build right now in 3.1, but I am wondering about 1 thing. Is unbound ailments really worth it? I am using Ruthless in substitute, from what I am seeing, it is better with the hits + the bleed. What are your thoughts on it?
"
chronos923 wrote:
Hey, I'm doing your build right now in 3.1, but I am wondering about 1 thing. Is unbound ailments really worth it? I am using Ruthless in substitute, from what I am seeing, it is better with the hits + the bleed. What are your thoughts on it?

Glad to see someone play this build and I welcome feedback :)

I was thinking about this link quite a lot and when cosidering standing dps, ruthless is definitely better-mainly due to hit dmg. I am probably biassed against ruthless gem, I do not like the mechanics much as it gives me uneven dps. Another issue I have with this gem is reflect, which could kill you on ruthless strike, so reflect maps can become an issue, but I have not tested this (if you try it, I will be happy to hear results).

Unbound ailments gives important longer bleed, which helps in high level encounters, where movement is crucial and hit dmg becomes less important.

My general thoughts then are, that ruthless will help with lower content, while unbound ailments will increase in value the higher you get, as you might struggle to keep 8 bleeds up whole fight without it.
"
Ramireus wrote:
"
chronos923 wrote:

Glad to see someone play this build and I welcome feedback :)

I was thinking about this link quite a lot and when cosidering standing dps, ruthless is definitely better-mainly due to hit dmg. I am probably biassed against ruthless gem, I do not like the mechanics much as it gives me uneven dps. Another issue I have with this gem is reflect, which could kill you on ruthless strike, so reflect maps can become an issue, but I have not tested this (if you try it, I will be happy to hear results).

Unbound ailments gives important longer bleed, which helps in high level encounters, where movement is crucial and hit dmg becomes less important.

My general thoughts then are, that ruthless will help with lower content, while unbound ailments will increase in value the higher you get, as you might struggle to keep 8 bleeds up whole fight without it.

Yes I have tried it, and it's pretty good I must say. I've tried it until tier 14, and as you have just said, it works well with the trash mobs, especially with the rares in particular. Although as of the moment, I have changed it to damage of full life, as most of the time I'll most likely be in full life due to block + life gain on hit on the block of the surrender. I don't really know if it's stronger or not because honestly, things just die too quickly for me to notice.

This is actually the first build ever since idk, closed beta, that I have grinded the gear from start to almost end game. Build is just that good, it rarely dies and it's pretty strong from the get-go. Though same with all hard hitting builds, it's a pretty slow mapper, that's why I used blood rage to generate frenzy charge and that helps a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info